Sport Association Football Thread...Who are Ya?! Who are Ya?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Liverpool actually look better this year though. Just need finishers because they are screwed if Suarez has off games/injured. Same with Gerrard.

Moving Carroll on will cost them points this year, no plan B to throw on in the last 20 mins. Especially since they didn't replace him.

We look a lot better this year...

But we really need strike power... Suarez should be on a wing not at Center Forward... Borini is currently struggling...

Wouldn't mind us trying Shelvey up forward.. has good movement is direct with his passing and his shooting is actually half decent (Actually tested your keeper last night!!!)

Could also move Gerrard from Midfield and play him on the right... (Right now his looking like a liability there... especially with his constant need to go for the hollywood pass...)

You can some on our problems with the fact that we brought on Downing to try and scrape a goal...

But enough complaining... Arsenal defended very very well and throughly deserved their win.

Hole have no hope.

They have burnt Barnaby for a bum in Bruce, one of their own for one of no home. An outrageous arseing of their only club Champion in 100 years of invisibilty.
Like the Ents of old, The Tricky Trees of the Great Giribaldi shall rise and resume Europe as a part of Nottingham.

UUUUUUUUUUUU
RRRRRRRRRReeeeEEEddddDDDDDDDDDDDSsssSSSS!!!!!!!!

Forest have just appointed McLeish, the most uninspiring sod of a manager I have ever seen. Hull are second and show no signs of stopping. Run at me bro, WE'RE GOOOOOOOINGGGG UPPPPPPPP!

Weird match by Liverpool this morning... 2-0 lead just to screw it up and make it 2-2 and now it kind of feels like we escaped with a point...

Some odd moves by Rogers i.e Taking Struggage off and not bringing on an extra striker in the last few minuets (Starting Carra was a great choice though).

Best piece of news today though was the signing of Coutinho from Inter Milan, Kid will be a superstar and was brilliant on loan in the La Liga last year, Should of earn't more chances at Inter but their style of play just didn't make room for him...

Their Fans are Angry at management, Liverpools are happy, A good result this morning = Great day to be a Liverpool supporter grimlock

YNWA!!!

I actually made an effort to enjoy the soccer last night, Aussies an all that and to be honest its not that bad a game., until... Someone from the Iraq team went down in a tackle holding his leg ala Gary Rohan, the replay clearly showed no contact was made yet the trainers ran to him he was in agony I thought he was about to die..
Ok, I kind of expected a bit of this but that was absolutely ridiculous ! The bit that really stood out was the trainer whipped out the magic spray!! I couldn't believe it I haven't seen that since the under 11's! For you guys that might not know what it is, its just cold spray like ice.. Useless but its a miracle cure for kids, this Iraqi jumped back to his feet like nothing happened.. Disgusting blight on the game, my wog mate watching with me says its even worse in the Italian leagues !! Seriously how can so many people watch this game when that s**t happens?

I actually made an effort to enjoy the soccer last night, Aussies an all that and to be honest its not that bad a game., until... Someone from the Iraq team went down in a tackle holding his leg ala Gary Rohan, the replay clearly showed no contact was made yet the trainers ran to him he was in agony I thought he was about to die..
Ok, I kind of expected a bit of this but that was absolutely ridiculous ! The bit that really stood out was the trainer whipped out the magic spray!! I couldn't believe it I haven't seen that since the under 11's! For you guys that might not know what it is, its just cold spray like ice.. Useless but its a miracle cure for kids, this Iraqi jumped back to his feet like nothing happened.. Disgusting blight on the game, my wog mate watching with me says its even worse in the Italian leagues !! Seriously how can so many people watch this game when that s**t happens?

Yeah the Iraqis were terrible, it got to the point where the Socceroos would just play on and ignore the player on the ground, and rightly so.

Was a good game to be at, notwithstanding the rain, but that stadium is terrible.

Yeah the Iraqis were terrible, it got to the point where the Socceroos would just play on and ignore the player on the ground, and rightly so.

Was a good game to be at, notwithstanding the rain, but that stadium is terrible.
I actually just seen one worse on fox sports, the Iraqi just layed down in the middle of the ground for no reason other than to waste time and put his hand in the air calling he was injured to be subbed or something and was awarded with it.

I actually just seen one worse on fox sports, the Iraqi just layed down in the middle of the ground for no reason other than to waste time and put his hand in the air calling he was injured to be subbed or something and was awarded with it.

If a player needs to leave the field for injury, and can't walk themself off, then they should be required to stay off for 15 minutes. If it's a legitimate injury, that's plenty of time to treat it and make sure he's able to come back on, and if it's not, then it means that the team costs themselves a player for 15 mins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know there's at least a few other scousers on the Sydney board. Did anyone else get along to the G last night?

At least if I never make it to Anfield I can still strike off singing YNWA in a stadium full of liverpool fans and watching Stevie G slam a goal home from my bucket list.

I know there's at least a few other scousers on the Sydney board. Did anyone else get along to the G last night?

At least if I never make it to Anfield I can still strike off singing YNWA in a stadium full of liverpool fans and watching Stevie G slam a goal home from my bucket list.

Anfield's only worth going to for the big league games and European games from what i can tell. Only been once and it was a 2-0 loss against WBA, atmosphere was rubbish. Gerrard up close is a sight to behold though, he stands out like a sore thumb.

If you listen to one podcast this week, don't listen to that crappy Swans podcast, give this a listen, the banter is over-flowing:

So is anyone else having just a little bit of a giggle at the pile of s**t that is currently Man U. I mean 0-4 against a third tier team? They really are the Collingwood of the EPL.

So is anyone else having just a little bit of a giggle at the pile of s**t that is currently Man U. I mean 0-4 against a third tier team? They really are the Collingwood of the EPL.

Check out this week's podcast, Cooksen (the other regular) is a United supporter and we grilled him hard about the state of his side.

Absolutely enjoying it. They really need to sign at least 2 defenders and 2 mids before the transfer window closes otherwise they'll be in a similar position to last year, maybe worse if their early form is anything to go by. Good attackers, but it ain't going to do much with a championship level defense and ordinary midfield

Absolutely enjoying it. They really need to sign at least 2 defenders and 2 mids before the transfer window closes otherwise they'll be in a similar position to last year, maybe worse if their early form is anything to go by. Good attackers, but it ain't going to do much with a championship level defense and ordinary midfield
So what you are saying is let's hope they don't come close to signing 2 defenders and 2 mids.

Hat doffed to the Legia Warsaw Ultras for this great TIFO
_77254976_legiawarsawepa.jpg

Well at least in the end #footballwon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back