News Ricky Henderson re-signs (Extended until end of 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-07-24/hendos-hanging-around

Henderson said he has confidence in the Club’s future.

“I like where our Club is heading,” he said.

“We have a talented young team and a coaching group, which I think can bring the best out of me and the rest of the boys.

“I also enjoy the Adelaide lifestyle.”

Head of Football David Noble said Henderson was the versatile type of player that every club needs.

“Ricky is such an important player for us and to have him commit for an extended period is great,” Noble said.

“He has returned from a long lay-off and wasted no time showing everyone how effective he can be off half back. His decision also reflects how comfortable and settled he now feels in Adelaide.”

Contract was going to end at the end of next year, extended until the end of 2017.

Great signing. There have been some worrying rumours over the last year about his future in Adelaide, so well done to the club for locking him up.

Interesting last quote.

“He has returned from a long lay-off and wasted no time showing everyone how effective he can be off half back. His decision also reflects how comfortable and settled he now feels in Adelaide.”

He NOW feels in Adelaide. Does that suggest that previous rumours of him feeling a bit uneasy were true?

Glad to have him staying in Adelaide. His run and kick from defense will be invaluable with our setup.

We now have Smith, Hendo and Jaensch in the back half so won't hurt as much if one get injured/dropped or moved into midfield/forward, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news, very important player. :thumbsu:
Really good news! ... we need his speed, and ability to run carry and kick long. The rumours of him being open to a move worried me a lot.
Good player. Very good last year. Hopefully will keep improving this year (to the level of pre-injury 2013) and that will improve our chances of making the 8.

So the signings this year: Hendo - pace- good long kick ; Charlie - pace+ ; Smith - pace - good leg; Josh Jenkins - good pace for a big man.
Is this a coincidence or does it reflect our list management strategy for 2014 to focus on our need to shore up our speed, and outside spread, run and carry, and good kicking (with Smith and Hendo at least) . Will we see this strategy in our priorities for the draft? I would like to see at least one more player who is really quick added,and one extra KPD's also with a ruck coming in as a more mature player (22ish yo) from another club.

Well done Noble.

Interesting last quote.

He NOW feels in Adelaide. Does that suggest that previous rumours of him feeling a bit uneasy were true?
Hendo also said he loves the Adelaide lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back