The Hird/Charter Relationship

Remove this Banner Ad

The club is their employer but they're bound to AFL rules. A coach's contract is with the club though, not the AFL.
And the club can tell the AFL we are keeping the Coach despite what you say, then the AFL can tell the club that's fine I will get on the blower to the other 17 clubs and discuss the validity of your Club's license within our competition.

It would destroy my credibility if I was a drug user and I have seen that happen

I see no difference with Hird ....none ...he's not just a coach, he's a mentor and leader of young men ...he shapes their lives also.

And he gets paid a hell of a lot more than me ....
Morally Hird and coaches clearly should set a good example and not use drugs banned for players. Morally Hird and EFC should have done a lot of things differently. Morals and EFC/ Hird should not be used in the same sentence.:rolleyes:

They can be tested and we will probably never know if they are or not. It probably all comes down to $$. A full blood screen costs over a $1,000. The AFL are one of ASADA's biggest clients. So big is the program that the AFL are considering bringing it in house (you have to use accredited labs - not the national body). The claim to do 2000 tests already, so somewhere around the $200k mark.

The drug codes stipulate different rules depending on your sport, your gender and whether your role. There are different rules for parents, doctors, coaches, athletes. https://checksubstances.asada.gov.au/

I probably don't need to point out to you the very different cases where Saad and Casserley and others returned positive tests making open and shut cases, versus the Bombers cases where even the most fervent anti-Dankers admit their are no positives.

That would be 2 million not 200 thousand my friend.

Genuine Question,

Isnt the AFL the overall employer?

or

Does the individual club assume that position?

I seem to remember that the players are all employed by the AFL; that's what the AFL were planning to use to get out of the restraint of trade legal challenges. i.e. you can't go play for Collingwood just because you want to (because regardless of who you play for in the AFL, you are employed by the AFL), however you are free to go play for Glenelg.

I think it's unfair to single out Hird's relationship with Charter both Luke Darcy and Shane Woewodin know him as well and don't cop any stick why should it be different for Hird.
Because Hirdy's leading Israel's assault on Gaza.

I think it's unfair to single out Hird's relationship with Charter both Luke Darcy and Shane Woewodin know him as well and they don't cop any stick why should it be different for Hird.
Did either of those two get Charter (knowing his history) to supply the raw compounds for their clubs boundary pushing "supplement" program? As for the questions on the other two having a "working" relationship with Charter during their playing days, that has been brought up several times.

Did either of those two get Charter (knowing his history) to supply the raw compounds for their clubs boundary pushing "supplement" program? As for the questions on the other two having a "working" relationship with Charter during their playing days, that has been brought up several times.
Did Hird?

Once it was known to the public that Hird had involvements with Charter prior to that no one gave two s***.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's unfair to single out Hird's relationship with Charter both Luke Darcy and Shane Woewodin know him as well and they don't cop any stick why should it be different for Hird.

When did Darcy and Woewodin become Head Coaches and renew their relationship with Charter by involving him in the supply chain for a team wide doping program?

Claim != fact
Raising name != asking him to provide raw compounds to the club.
Read the transcripts.

Weapon stated that Hird asked both of them if they knew who Charter was, and that on the Gold Coast Hird had told Weap that he'd just caught up with Charter, "that's who's supplying our supplements".

Charter has also gone on the record to say that he spoke to Hird about the program and it's requirements.

There's more evidence of Hird knowing that Charter was involved than there is of him not.

Make sure to get a stable table, so you can put the popcorn down when things come out you don't like, but selectively pick it back up when they do.

You may need to take your own advice instead of thinking you have some moral high ground at Essendon, your contracted coach for next year is a disgrace to the game and hopefully will never again have the opportunity to be responsible for a team of sportspeople, he has done immeasurable damage to our game and if you pulled your head out of the sand for a moment you might realise this.

Interesting how certain people's claims are taken by people here as fact, whilst others claims are shot down as lies.

Because it doesn't go both ways at all....

Read the transcripts.

Weapon stated that Hird asked both of them if they knew who Charter was, and that on the Gold Coast Hird had told Weap that he'd just caught up with Charter, "that's who's supplying our supplements".

Charter has also gone on the record to say that he spoke to Hird about the program and it's requirements.

There's more evidence of Hird knowing that Charter was involved than there is of him not.
Transcripts from Weapon's interview? You'll forgive me for not taking someone who refers to the program as "Black Ops" altogether seriously.

So Hird asked Charter what he thought. That's a LONG way from "supplying the club with raw compounds" which that other poster stated as categorical fact.

And "evidence that he was not involved"? What would you like? Would you like footage of James Hird 24/7 for the past 3 years? Every phone call/text message he made? That's a ridiculous thing to ask for.

Wouldn't be surprised. The AFL like total control over everything. This whole saga has shown that they don't in cases like this.

They also like money. Choices choices, enable clubs to dope up young draftees with drugs not approved for human use or used off label and retain the ability to protect the clubs when they do this, or keep government funding and approvals. I wonder which way the AFL will go?

If you listen the Triple M in the morning with Darcy, you would think he may have something to be worried about with his defense of the 'superstar man' James Hird.

It appears he Darcy is so reluctant/scared to say a bad word about Hird.

It appears he Darcy is so reluctant/scared to say a bad word about Hird.
0.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back