Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell we have been lucky with who had fallen in our laps.
Ebert (wanted to come home)
Polec (homesick & lions wouldn't trade with camrys)
Wines (for some reason didn't get picked up)
Wingard (doesn't want to leave SA)
White (probably paid him more than tiges)
Not to mention the behind the scene guys.

Surely the PAFC is kissed on the dick if Cameron nominated us. I dare say it's a rumour, didn't he finish second in the Coleman last year? They would never trade him.

It would be a tough call but I'd trade anybody not named Wines, Wingard or boak. Not sure why people would be so keen to trade wines, he's a 90kg kid who is amazing already. Hell if I had to chose between him and wingard id take wines (minority I know)

The Crowies board are having a laugh at putting Carlile up as trade bait & in the same breath saying Jenkins & their first round would get it done lol. The last thing GWS needs is another forward, especially one that wouldn't get a game ahead of 5 others on their list Boyd, Patton, McCarthy, Tomlinson & Jaksch.

They've made up package deals to get both him & Toumpas for a basket of all sorts including Mackay, Lyons, Lynch, Jenkins & their 1st/2nd rounders, unless they're willing to part with Talia, Walker or Dangerfield they won't be getting Cameron. GWS needs ready made defenders more than anything now Mohrs out for a year.

There's even a post there almost identical to mine listing reasons why he'd pick them over us only it's all ifs & buts like new CEO, new coaches, new fitness coach... When did they announce there's going to be an admin overhaul? Like instability & uncertainty are better options than a club that's already got it's pieces in place.

What makes anyone think that Jeremy Cameron would come to Adelaide before Melbourne? When was the last time we lured a big name non SA ex pat from interstate?

Even if GWS agreed to a deal we would still have to convince Victorian born Cameron to come to Adelaide and not Melbourne. The other thing about Cameron is that he has bad ankles and we already have enough injury prone players.

All this may sound negative but when you look through AFL history not many Victorian born superstars have switched to SA or WA clubs.

Cameron is a good player for sure but we would do better in hanging on to what we have and looking for another Jay Schultz type.

I think one of the main problems is who would want to go to Gws. Port and crows have some very suitable players to trade but would we trade wines or wingard? Would they trade danger of sloane? * no. Scary thought of Tex and Cameron.

I cat see him choosing SA over a Victorian team anyway.

k11457244.jpg

IN THE

sunrise_and_red_sky_202298.jpg

Would love him, but nah, he won't be coming to an SA team.

Crows would have to give up Danger, Sloane, Talia or Walker - and they won't.
Port would have to give up a Trengove, Wines, Hartlett, Gray - and we won't.

Plus on top of that there would need to be a 1st Rounder pick thrown in, it's just not going to happen for either team.

GWS will want a star player, plus a first rounder. Nothing less.

They've made up package deals to get both him & Toumpas for a basket of all sorts including Mackay, Lyons, Lynch, Jenkins & their 1st/2nd rounders.

I guess when you've forgotten what it's like to have a first or second round pick you can tend to overvalue their worth to others. That's the only conclusion I can draw given the list of spuds they're throwing up.

Would love him, but nah, he won't be coming to an SA team.

Crows would have to give up Danger, Sloane, Talia or Walker - and they won't.
Port would have to give up a Trengove, Wines, Hartlett, Gray - and we won't.

Plus on top of that there would need to be a 1st Rounder pick thrown in, it's just not going to happen for either team.

GWS will want a star player, plus a first rounder. Nothing less.

I really don't think people are grasping whats on offer here (if indeed it is on offer).

If he wants to come to SA, which from the rumour mill is a distinct possibility, we need to move heaven and earth to get him. Heaven and ******* earth. Midfielders are a dime a dozen. KPF's that get selected in the AA in their second season are special. SPECIAL!! This is a professional league. Players are moving more and more. In the NRL players move mid season. People over rate all this "culture" stuff. Buddy skipped out on Hawthorn and they haven't missed a beat. Swans players all know what Buddy is earning, they are top.

And why wouldn't he want to come to SA? His family live in the state. Also the AO is a game changer. Port are in the window with an exciting young list. He could be a premiership player in the next year or 2. Why wouldn't he come? Why? Pissant mentality.

There is a clear difference in Lance Franklin walking out of Hawthorn, and Port trading out a player. Surely you are aware of that.

If you honestly think Port would trade out a player that doesn't want to be traded, and a first rounder - then go right ahead and think that.

I'd love Cameron, more than almost any player in the AFL, but I can't see it happening unless something rather abstract happens. But go ahead and spend months putting together trade proposals and speculating.

There is a clear difference in Lance Franklin walking out of Hawthorn, and Port trading out a player. Surely you are aware of that.

If you honestly think Port would trade out a player that doesn't want to be traded, and a first rounder - then go right ahead and think that.

I'd love Cameron, more than almost any player in the AFL, but I can't see it happening unless something rather abstract happens. But go ahead and spend months putting together trade proposals and speculating.
Agreed.

Yeah lets chase him. We have the bye this weekend, so lets get Kenny, Keith, Koch, Burgo and Boaky to lob up at Jeremy's doorstep and have a convo with him. Nothing serious... all the guys were just visiting Kochie in Syd and though they would say g'day, and not leave til he is convinced Port is the place he wants to be at.

What would we offer GWS for him... thats a different story. We dont have any NSW people on our list (not that Im aware of) so can't offer a player a go home trade. No doubt our first pick has be given (pick 18 or thereabouts) as well as a decent player. The player we offer would need to be experienced for GWS to accept but also someone we can replace without to much struggle. Maybe someone like Stewart/Oshea/Butch*? We dont have a lot of 100+ game players that are the right side of 28 to offer them.

If Cameron wants out, GWS will trade him out. No club will hold on to players anymore hoping to convince them to stay when the player can just walk out of the club and go in the draft**. Better to get something.

* If we get Cameron would spell the end of Butchers time at Port one would imagine
** for quality players like Cameron, not spuds like whats his name that went to norf.

There are two no camps with any potential Cameron trade. The first, which I'm in, is that getting him will cost too much from a team that seemed to be going pretty well before we had the unfortunate happenstance of losing BOTH key defenders at exactly the same time.

The other is the "Why would he come to SA?" pissant mentality that is even worse than the greatest SA Great campaign.

I've been to Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, Kyoto, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, San Antonio, Las Vegas, New York, Miami, Auckland, Queenstown, Wellington and a number of other places around the world...and I'd rather live in Adelaide. Could it be better? * yes it could be awesome. But as far as places to live go, it's one of the best.

The only people who wouldn't think so are people who haven't traveled outside of Australia.

South Australians, on the other hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callum Sinclair just re-signed with West Coast for another two years.

Giving more credence to the idea that Lycett wants to move, since you'd think that they'd be locking away Lycett first before offering contracts to a rookie listed player.

Giving more credence to the idea that Lycett wants to move, since you'd think that they'd be locking away Lycett first before offering contracts to a rookie listed player.
Yeh, that's what I thought. Also, Port's interest in Lycett is noted in the article. I didn't know the club had said anything officially/in public...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-24/young-eagle-duo-sign-on

"Scott Lycett's future at the club beyond this year remains unknown as he is yet to sign a new deal despite his management being in discussions with the club. Port Adelaide has expressed interest in the 21-year-old ruckman who is originally from South Australia."

The way I see it, every destination club would have the same problem trying to trade Cameron in. He's simply worth too much for any reasonable trade to happen. GWS will have to accept a haircut in the deal because the best they can hope for is probably 2 first rounders or 1 first rounder and a high second rounder and given it'll probably be Port Adelaide, Adelaide or Geelong dealing, they won't be getting high first rounders. Otherwise Cameron walks at the end of 2015 goes into the PSD to the highest outrageous Buddy style contract offer.

Alrighttt......

Lets wrap this whole Jeremy Cameron debate up.

So lets assume that he wants to leave, he is happy to walk out mid contract, GWS are happy to trade him, he nominates Port over the Crows and all Melbourne clubs, we have players willing to leave and that we have salary cap space. Lets forget that any failed trade would put players off side ie Rischitelli/Bradshaw from Brisbane for Fevola, that the loss of some players being thrown around could damage our structure and that we didn't go hard for the number one pick last year when Tom Boyd was on offer (essentially a similar proposition).

1. Yes he would be an awesome acquisition that would improve our list and GF chances. It also would be a massive coup
2. Yes Burgo, Hinkley and finals chances are selling points over other clubs and Port/SA are worthy of such a player
3. Yes he is worth pursuing to at least hear what GWS have to say
4. Whether he is worth a Hartlett style player is debatable. Carlisle/Pittard/O'Shea + picks are all options that could be considered

Is it going to happen? No, nil, nada, zilch, not a chance in Hades

The way I see it, every destination club would have the same problem trying to trade Cameron in. He's simply worth too much for any reasonable trade to happen. GWS will have to accept a haircut in the deal because the best they can hope for is probably 2 first rounders or 1 first rounder and a high second rounder and given it'll probably be Port Adelaide, Adelaide or Geelong dealing, they won't be getting high first rounders. Otherwise Cameron walks at the end of 2015 goes into the PSD to the highest outrageous Buddy style contract offer.

I wonder who Alan Richardson loved at Port? Get the Saints involved in a 3 way.

Alrighttt......

Lets wrap this whole Jeremy Cameron debate up.

So lets assume that he wants to leave, he is happy to walk out mid contract, GWS are happy to trade him, he nominates Port over the Crows and all Melbourne clubs, we have players willing to leave and that we have salary cap space. Lets forget that any failed trade would put players off side ie Rischitelli/Bradshaw from Brisbane for Fevola, that the loss of some players being thrown around could damage our structure and that we didn't go hard for the number one pick last year when Tom Boyd was on offer (essentially a similar proposition).

1. Yes he would be an awesome acquisition that would improve our list and GF chances. It also would be a massive coup
2. Yes Burgo, Hinkley and finals chances are selling points over other clubs and Port/SA are worthy of such a player
3. Yes he is worth pursuing to at least hear what GWS have to say
4. Whether he is worth a Hartlett style player is debatable. Carlisle/Pittard/O'Shea + picks are all options that could be considered

My God. Are you for Real? There is no debate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back