Opinion What will the SANFL do?

What will the SANFL do?

• Make Port accept the same conditions that Adelaide currently have?

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Improve Adelaide's conditions and bring Port down?

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Leave it as it is for another season?

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Look to kick the AFL clubs out?

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh really? So being a member really gives you some position of importance does it? Just as it did with West Torrens. When West Torrens were either going to fold or merge because the sanfl was not going to dip into their pockets to save a member of the sanfl and remodel its finance and future where were the other clubs to stop it in the name of Torrens being a member club? When Sturt rattled its tins in the 80s the sanfl stood quiet waiting for it to fold because again it did not want to dip into its pockets to reshape its financial model and make it successfull. What did other sanfl member clubs do at the time? They waited for these clubs to die or flippantly suggest for them to merge. Why? To share in their zones, one less club. They looked after themselves, with no integrity, and no care of how it may hurt the sanfl. Nobody went to Norwood's aid when they had to sell up their clubrooms to avoid extinction. The point is this, don't talk about Glenelg and the other 7 clubs as a band of brothers in arms just because they're members. If Glenelg were ever on death's row kicking to survive, being a member club of the sanfl will not matter to 7 other clubs, because they will stand aside and watch you die.

The past achievements of any sporting organisation has sometimes been their greatest catalyst to future achievements.

You go on and on. You sound like a snooty little child.

Dimwit? you brought up the treatment of Torrens not me. The bays will have to work out a way to survive, nothing more can said. Port managed to work out a way when they were in financial crisis with the assistance of the AFL and SANFL. Glenleg will have to look at alternative ways if they cant afford to survive.

Its linked to Both the Port Board and SANFL Board correct!

Incorrect. It is situated in the Port Adelaide board. It is only linked to the sanfl board. If you cannot grasp that, then use your eyes. Top and bottom of page = 'Home>Forums>AFL Teams>Port Adelaide-Est. 1870>Port Adelaide Magpies> There, can you see it?

What fence? I am in the Port Adelaide Board, viewing the Port Adelaide Magpies sub forum. I don't see sanfl at the top...do you?
As far as I can understand grassrootsfooty(which I will agree is difficult) what he/she/it is trying to say is that if you access the SANFL forum then at the very top there is a link to Port Adelaide Magpies.

As far as I can understand grassrootsfooty(which I will agree is difficult) what he/she/it is trying to say is that if you access the SANFL forum then at the very top there is a link to Port Adelaide Magpies.

isnt that ironic.....

Dimwit? you brought up the treatment of Torrens not me. The bays will have to work out a way to survive, nothing more can said. Port managed to work out a way when they were in financial crisis with the assistance of the AFL and SANFL. Glenleg will have to look at alternative ways if they cant afford to survive.

The point is that being a member of the sanfl won't mean much at all if 7 others vote to see your club fold during any tough times. The whole discussion has gone astray because of your usual choice to deflect the point of a discussion.

You still have not achieved anything.

The point is that being a member of the sanfl won't mean much at all if 7 others vote to see your club fold during any tough times. The whole discussion has gone astray because of your usual choice to deflect the point of a discussion.

You still have not achieved anything.

???????? The seven clubs want be voting to get rid of the bays, the bank will if they are in financial difficulty as was the case with Torrens!

???????? The seven clubs want be voting to get rid of the bays, the bank will if they are in financial difficulty as was the case with Torrens!

The 8 clubs back then voted on accepting a Torrens-Woodville meger. If they rejected it, one of those clubs, if not both, but mainly Torrens would have folded completely.

Anyway, the best solution for you is for Glenelg to join the amateurs in order to keep you satisfied. Go and lobby your board to do that.

The 8 clubs back then voted on accepting a Torrens-Woodville meger. If they rejected it, one of those clubs, if not both, but mainly Torrens would have folded completely.

Anyway, the best solution for you is for Glenelg to join the amateurs in order to keep you satisfied. Go and lobby your board to do that.

People in Glass houses, you lot have a crack at Glenelg for the financial struggles. Please remind me how the PAFC have been going over the journey, will it make a profit this year? Granted the bays are struggling off field but much less than the PAFC. The whole of Austrlia accepts the fact the PAFC is a basket case financially, oh thats right youre on the improve to make less of a loss. But yes its the SANFL'S fault for negiotiating everything, sorry!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Collectively broken records? Yes we are
  • Why the need to repeat ourselves? Both sides concerned with how our identity is viewed. We believe grassroots footy's views are distorted and we're concerned with how he wants his voice to be heard.
I guess grassroots footy can be likened to Graham Cornes. At times outspoken, incorrect and disrespectful - and that bugs a lot of us. Looking to hang SA football's problems on PAFC. Thankfully we've got a large brigade of people who won't take that.

We can only hope that the everyday football follower doesn't make poor judgement according to grassroot's and Graham's distorted views. In doing so, let's hope the outsiders view this thread in a pro PAFC light. Port Adelaide supporters continually giving a strong rebuttle to his 'grey' arguments. Something to admire about that! Furthermore, I've enjoyed viewing the rich knowledge on all things PAFC some of you have shared - BRILLIANT!

I LOVE the fact that we fight for our identity.

People in Glass houses, you lot have a crack at Glenelg for the financial struggles. Please remind me how the PAFC have been going over the journey, will it make a profit this year? Granted the bays are struggling off field but much less than the PAFC. The whole of Austrlia accepts the fact the PAFC is a basket case financially, oh thats right youre on the improve to make less of a loss. But yes its the SANFL'S fault for negiotiating everything, sorry!

We were bled white propping up you bludgers. A fair stadium deal at AAMI Stadium between 1997-2013 and we'd be fine.

The licence agreement we laboured under would've seen Geelong and Carlton float down the Ganges, let alone the Footscrays, Brisbanes, Norths and Melbournes.

We will make a profit for someone

You have a mental ailment. You're off topic, either purposely or you're not intelligent enough. Maybe a bit of both. Nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Now that you've moved completely off topic and onto another, any decent honest person would know and understand the real truth of Port's financials. You choose to be selective, it's a waste of time arguing about it with you.

I believe more strongly then ever before that Glenelg belongs in Division A1. The again, you'll likely bitch, cry, and whinge that Port has an unfair advantage in the A1s because it has two clubs from its area playing in it.

Put your dummy back into your mouth and wipe that waterfall of tears away.

You have a mental ailment. You're off topic, either purposely or you're not intelligent enough. Maybe a bit of both. Nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Now that you've moved completely off topic and onto another, any decent honest person would know and understand the real truth of Port's financials. You choose to be selective, it's a waste of time arguing about it with you.

I believe more strongly then ever before that Glenelg belongs in Division A1. The again, you'll likely bitch, cry, and whinge that Port has an unfair advantage in the A1s because it has two clubs from its area playing in it.

Put your dummy back into your mouth and wipe that waterfall of tears away.

Is the real truth you make a loss every year, and your supporters not your club blame the SANFL.

Is the real truth you make a loss every year, and your supporters not your club blame the SANFL.

the sanfl are to blame, every other afl club would be rolling in the cash with the same membership numbers and attendances port and the crows have had this year and in previous years, yet even the crows needed a 1 million dollar handout from the afl due to the sanfl ripping them off blind. no doubt about it, the afl clubs generate millions of dollars for football in this state, every week, every year, yet both clubs have been getting very little in return. why do you think that is and where is the money going? the sanfl have been running football into the ground for years, been given a golden opportunity to have two strong afl teams, a strong second tier competition with strong financial sanfl clubs, not like currently where most of the sanfl clubs are in serious debt, and are struggling for survival. this is entirely the sanfl fault, they are the ones who have mismanaged football in this state and 25 odd years of this mismanagement has lead to the situation we are in today, pretty much every football club in the state needed some assistance one way or another. we all need massive changes at sanfl (administration) level before things are corrected but if things kept going the way they were going most clubs would be dead in a few years.

the sanfl are to blame, every other afl club would be rolling in the cash with the same membership numbers and attendances port and the crows have had this year and in previous years, yet even the crows needed a 1 million dollar handout from the afl due to the sanfl ripping them off blind. no doubt about it, the afl clubs generate millions of dollars for football in this state, every week, every year, yet both clubs have been getting very little in return. why do you think that is and where is the money going? the sanfl have been running football into the ground for years, been given a golden opportunity to have two strong afl teams, a strong second tier competition with strong financial sanfl clubs, not like currently where most of the sanfl clubs are in serious debt, and are struggling for survival. this is entirely the sanfl fault, they are the ones who have mismanaged football in this state and 25 odd years of this mismanagement has lead to the situation we are in today, pretty much every football club in the state needed some assistance one way or another. we all need massive changes at sanfl (administration) level before things are corrected but if things kept going the way they were going most clubs would be dead in a few years.

Then why has your club not complained publicly about the SANFL ripping them off blind? If they have please show me where, or is it they have agreed to everything the SANFL have requested or offered them?

Then why has your club not complained publicly about the SANFL ripping them off blind? If they have please show me where, or is it they have agreed to everything the SANFL have requested or offered them?
please, they have continually mentioned it. im not going to search for it for you, but they continually have.

please, they have continually mentioned it. im not going to search for it for you, but they continually have.
[

Sorry they have never blamed the SANFL for their financial position, infact Kochie and KT have never said its a direct result of the SANFL being greedy. They say they would like or expect a greater return but have not said the SANFL is ripping them off blind. Because they have agreed to everything they have or are receiving, basically you cant complain if you agree to something. I suppose its like the 6 of the SANFL clubs not complaining because they agreed to the AFL reserves.

[

Sorry they have never blamed the SANFL for their financial position, infact Kochie and KT have never said its a direct result of the SANFL being greedy. They say they would like or expect a greater return but have not said the SANFL is ripping them off blind. Because they have agreed to everything they have or are receiving, basically you cant complain if you agree to something. I suppose its like the 6 of the SANFL clubs not complaining because they agreed to the AFL reserves.

You seem very young and naive.

Just because you agree to something, in this world, you cannot assume that it is an agreement without protest. There are plenty of non-football atrocities in the history of mankind that can be referred to as examples.

Port have to be diplomatic with this nasty lot. Any public outlay of truths and the sanfl's nastiness will be more intense. It's conditions and its own fixture, and any future negotiations will be severely hurt. Many afl clubs have to be diplomatic with umpires, the MRP, and the afl, or face some degree of future ramifications.

Glenelg getting smashed by the chooks, how do like them apples grassrootsfooty your team is worse than A Div 2 ammo side

Enjoyed the game playing against a fellow SANFL side. Hope you enjoyed the game with the Crows, fantastic crowd why don't you play each other every week, it would do every real SANFL club a favour, because we don't bloody want either of your teams in our league!

Back