Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, his best week since his injury, before which he was on fire.

Hopefully he gets a crack at AFL level really soon, reckon he will.

Yeah, his best week since his injury, before which he was on fire.

Hopefully he gets a crack at AFL level really soon, reckon he will.

It seemed like he fell of a cliff for a while after returning from injury, had some fairly average games from what I read. Personally I think now that he appears to have regained some decent form/fitness/whatever we'll probably see him against Geelong. It's certainly the first time I've felt he has had a realistic chance since his injury at any rate, and there are 2/3 different players he could potentially replace, but wait and see I guess!

Doesn't have to come in this week but has to debut before the end of the year. Our forwards need a shake up.

Can someone explain to me how Mason Wood can't be as good as Bontempelli?

All i see is 1 has had a chance and the other hasn't got a look in.

Bontempelli might still be running around in our 2's if was on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seemed like he fell of a cliff for a while after returning from injury, had some fairly average games from what I read. Personally I think now that he appears to have regained some decent form/fitness/whatever we'll probably see him against Geelong. It's certainly the first time I've felt he has had a realistic chance since his injury at any rate, and there are 2/3 different players he could potentially replace, but wait and see I guess!
I have personally only skimmed over the little reviews that the NMFC app offers (which I'm sure is greatly appreciated by most that can't get to the games) but is there a common theme in that the weather has been shocking for a lot of the Werribee games this season, particularly since said comeback from injury.
Wouldn't help considering the role he plays.
I don't know though, just feels like the lads have played in quite trying conditions most of the season.

Looks like a champ, jeez we've done well finding solid young players without tanking.

Can someone explain to me how Mason Wood can't be as good as Bontempelli?

All i see is 1 has had a chance and the other hasn't got a look in.

Bontempelli might still be running around in our 2's if was on our list.

Bontempelli was pick 6, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he's come out looking good first up.

When we had that kind of pick, Cunnington, Ziebell and Hanson didn't have to run around in the 2s. But at North it's calling "gifting games".

Bontempelli was pick 6, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he's come out looking good first up.

When we had that kind of pick, Cunnington, Ziebell and Hanson didn't have to run around in the 2s. But at North it's calling "gifting games".

Langdon was pick 65 and was fave to win it just a few weeks ago.

Some are given a chance and shine.

Many footballers play better with better players around them. Especially outside ones like Wood.

Time will tell !!!

No, not as good as Adams, Bastinac or Black. Overreactions..remember Sydney lost to GWS.

How can you possibly reach that conclusion before he has even played a game?

The ^^ highlights of Wood are very impressive. Deserves his chance.

Not really.

But he's looking good. Has to get a game now.

Fair enough, I guess champ is a big call this early but I've been waiting for him to come on all season so Black can go get his shoulder fixed before he does any more damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back