Player Watch #47: Ivan Soldo

Pretty pumped by this! Kid looks like a massive unit and might still grow a few more cms. As has been said, we won't be looking to play him for a good couple of years anyway and with his cousin Maric there and also Big O and Vickery (who apparently have done some good mentoring for the younger guys this year), he'll have a lot of support to help him out.

The big thing for me is the attitude. Talent alone isn't enough and this kid seems like he'll give it his best show (plus with that Croatian competitive streak, he has all the tools to justify giving him a shot).
We also have Max Bailey as a development coach which will assist him immensely

We also have Max Bailey as a development coach which will assist him immensely

And I forgot to say, Brendon Lade as well! Certainly will have a lot of avenues for help and guidance around him!

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Very happy to have a project ruckman on our rookie list.

He's competitive. Athletic and 206cm. That's all I ask for a project ruckman. The rest can be taught.

Brilliant. Also helps he's Ivan's cousin and a Croatian. They are competitive bastards.

Happy.
Nah, he's only 204cm not 206cm.

Too short now. Dud, delist.

been a tigers supporter or all my life. not mad. just the fact you'd rather get rid of vickery ahead of guys such as griffiths and hampson is beyond me.

I've always wanted to get rid of Vickery, Hampson can at least play a role in the VFL, Griffiths has his moments, not that i am saying they're good or not.
Vickery has a good value to us not here.

tunksy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I've always wanted to get rid of Vickery, Hampson can at least play a role in the VFL, Griffiths has his moments, not that i am saying they're good or not.
Vickery has a good value to us not here.
imo vickery is still easily best 22. and when hes playing well deserves his spot. hes a second ruck/forward whose still finding consistency has shown way more than any other 200cm bloke on our list trying to play his role.

He has been rookied though. If your signed as category B doesn't that mean your rookied?

cox can play in TAC or is he too old?

Cox is too old.

Though I think when we signed Keeffe is he played Amateur Footy, Then played for QLD in the U-18 Champs then played with our VFL Side.

I just not sure on the Rules

I was just Wondering if he has signed as Category B player. How can he then play in the TAC Cup before he is Rookied?
The 204cm, 106kg ruckman-in-the-making has been granted permission to play out the rest of the 2014 season in the TAC Cup with the Northern Knights, before officially becoming a Richmond rookie for the 2015 season.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-07-24/soldo-signs

I'd suggest it's a case of don't ask, don't get

He looks like an excellent pick up as a category B rookie. It is obviously going to take something like 4 years of good development for Ivan Soldo to be ready for AFL level but talls take years to mature anyway. Soldo already has height, weight and athleticism on his side. It is going to be interesting to see how he develops over the years and we will see if Richmond can turn him into an AFL footballer. Maric will be able to give some good advice and start to help him settle into the different training routines required. Time will tell the story for Ivan Soldo. I am wishing him the best of luck.

Sounds a bit like someone out of the Star wars series...May the force be wit him...(At that size, shape etc he could be the forces younger brother)..

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
The 204cm, 106kg ruckman-in-the-making has been granted permission to play out the rest of the 2014 season in the TAC Cup with the Northern Knights, before officially becoming a Richmond rookie for the 2015 season.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-07-24/soldo-signs

I'd suggest it's a case of don't ask, don't get
At least he will be drinking the same water as Cotchin Vlaustin and Grimes
Not to forget stepping on the haloed turf they once ran on
Seems an exciting venture
Who was the genius that come up with the idea Doc?

Back