moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Bad driver 1: I was waiting at the bus stop the other day and see a young lady driving along with her eyes off the road looking down. Here I am thinking, she is texting. Car gets a little closer to reveal she has an iPad resting on the steering wheel while driving! Bad driver.

Bad driver 2: On the bus this time, at the trafic lights, glance over. The gentleman in the car is casually drinking a beer. Two cars in front of him is the police. Bad driver.

Share your stories here.

Self branding here, I constantly misjudge yellow lights and sometimes race straight through intersections on a red light. The light would only just turn red however so no danger of being tee-boned thankfully. I'm from the country so this doesn't bother me as much but no way would I take any risks in the city with all the cameras about even if I feel I could easily make the yellow.

Bad driver Proka.

Self branding here, I constantly misjudge yellow lights and sometimes race straight through intersections on a red light. The light would only just turn red however so no danger of being tee-boned thankfully. I'm from the country so this doesn't bother me as much but no way would I take any risks in the city with all the cameras about even if I feel I could easily make the yellow.

Bad driver Proka.
Better watch out for those cops sitting at the top of Narracan Drive.

thread has potential.

The funniest one i've ever seen is on the freeway home from melbourne to geelong, some woman mid 30's doing about 120 on the phone, gets behind me, changes land, gets behind a police car, changes lanes, goes past the cop doing 120, within 10-20 seconds, lights, sirens the works, woman get's pulled over.

Have seen people drive down tram tracks that are only tram track sections, not for cars.

And people going down one-way streets.

A woman reversing her car in front of me to park, took up two spots. (And they were the last 2 spots in the car park). She actually got out of her car to ask me "Whats your PROBLEM"... "YOU'RE ****ING TAKING UP TWO SPOTS DIP s**t" -ok, may not have said ****ing or dip s**t but wanted to-, so she had to get back in her car and park it again.

Bad drivers.

I don't know how I forgot to mention this but in early May I got caught doing 73kms in a 40 zone at Uni, bang - one month suspension straight up. Looks bad on the surface but coppers are barely ever sighted in that vicinity and it is literally a dead straight drag-strip which I had been happily rocketing down at 80kms+ for 15 straight months prior to me being caught with zero incidents. Legend has it that I'm the first ever person to be caught on that road according to my uni colleges, but I reckon that seems a little far-fetched. Also everybody drives at minimum 60 on that road, even the lecturers/tutors.

I was worried at the fact that my suspension was going to be lengthier than a month due to the fact that I accrued 3 points in August last year for overloading (on my reds at the time, and usually very responsible when it came to passenger numbers...much dissapoint). But it turns out I had the choice of abstaining from driving for a further 2 months and receive all my points back at the end of it or be on 1 point for 12 months (They call this a good behavior bond). Needless to say, I took the later option.

I get road rage baaad. and my insults aren't very PC either most of the time. I feel that if anyone ever said anything to me and I got out of the car, they would be surprised of my size because I drive an old lady's car.

I also get men eyeballing me because my car is typically used for female P-platers

I don't know how I forgot to mention this but in early May I got caught doing 73kms in a 40 zone at Uni, bang - one month suspension straight up..

Yeh, I was close to losing my license in the whole "Ring Road" schmozzle last year. 63 in a 40 zone I think, I was 2km away from losing my license outright.

Turns out we all got out of our fines luckily. :cool:

Have been extra vigilant since- I now do the speed limit out of spite. Is a good emotion to have while driving imo.

I get road rage baaad. and my insults aren't very PC either most of the time. I feel that if anyone ever said anything to me and I got out of the car, they would be surprised of my size because I drive an old lady's car.

I also get men eyeballing me because my car is typically used for female P-platers

Get a four-wheel drive son, no one would get in your way then regardless of what you do.

Get a four-wheel drive son, no one would get in your way then regardless of what you do.

This is stratton gun in his car:

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year a few mates of mine fitted this thread nicely
> Sat night
> Bought eggs
> Egged the line at Whip before speeding off
> Started egging cars that went past them while driving
> One car goes past em but they ran out of eggs so they pull over to let it pass
> Turns out its a cop car.
> Must not have seen the egging but they got pulled over for going around the roundabout heaps of times with no seatbelts
> Mate driving at the time (they were swapping) gets his license taken for 6 months
> s**t would have gone down if they egged the cop car lol

A few weeks ago I was heading to a bonfire at Kapunda, I turned off at Tarlee and was heading threw the george. The moon was full and it was very last lite. I decided to turn all my lights off and and drive blind. I got over half way in before house lights spooked me, knocked me out of my zone. The car inexplicably picked up a fair bit of speed while in the dark. Its ok,you could see where the road is and the trees and s**t, well right up until the lowest part of the george where the grey road barely stood out under the shade of the Mallee scrub on the side of the road.That darkness at the lowest point, was a very beautiful thing, strangely.

Something very relaxing about it, using various senses to guide you threw a mountain pass. Felt good. I highly recommend it.:rolleyes:

Sounds ridiculously frighting! I once turned my lights off while driving at night, I wimped out after like 2 seconds. But yeah, a full moon I could understand but I probably still wouldn't do it.

I don't know if it's the trams that keeps everyone on edge but the driving in melbourne is very very poor.

The other day coming home from another bonfire,this time in Willaston , I was approaching a right hand sharp tun on to a rail road crossing. I apexed the start of the corner and threw my car into a big slide expecting to be able to correct it with the release of the clutch , and planting my right foot ,with the aim of then powering over the crossing (slightly built up), I was in a front wheel drive.

But it didn't work out, I have done this sought of thing thousands of times, but not in this car. i started the slide out wide in the gravel and the car ,well, it slid all right, it spun round in a 180 degree slide almost instantaneously and I ended up facing the wrong way in a heap of loose dirt dug up by the graders who maintain the railway. Good parking, if thats what I was doing.

I have spun out hundreds of times (but not for years) the feeling is still eeery! As you know your going round, you look where the car is going to end up, in case you need brace for impact. Its a different feeling in the stomach, a lot different to finding the condom broke. But i am so use to it now, i barely stay still, as soon as the car is finished spinning around, I select the gear I need, do a u bolt and continue on my way.

There's an art do doing these things where you know you should be right if you stuff up.

Imagine the pigs would give me a life sentance for this.

Sounds ridiculously frighting! I once turned my lights off while driving at night, I wimped out after like 2 seconds. But yeah, a full moon I could understand but I probably still wouldn't do it.

Grew up doing it. being a country boy, we grew up wif lots of crazy stuff being the norm

What car do you drive

A few examples come to mind

Was stuck at a right turn red light, an old couple in the car in front of me and first in the que had pulled up about 15m short of the line, the sensors didnt go off. We missed the first cycle, I waved my hands in a 'go forward motion' hoping they would catch a glance (think they did). They didnt get it. I was reluctant to beep because they were very old, and another cycle went past

I became a bit more aggresive, shouting 'drive forward' etc, and then randomly they just drove through the red light across 4 lanes of traffic on the Napean highway. I moved up and got the next green night obv

Twice I've been driving down the freeway at night and had a car come down the off ramp on the wrong side

Saw a car accident about a week ago, cars watching another car accident on the side of the road in peak hour resulting in a head to tail next to the original car crash that caused long delays

nearly every cab driver ive had

Remove this Banner Ad

Back