2014-15 Lower League & amalgamated non-league thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Another year, another season. A thread to discuss Lower League (Leagues 1 and 2) and non league football!

Last edited:

Undefeated from 4 (of 10) friendlies so far.
Albeit 0-4-0

And I'm going to FCUM's matchday 3 game against Belper Town.

You guys are up to the Conference North aren't you DB? What are you hoping/expecting for the coming season? Double promotion perhaps? ;)

You guys are up to the Conference North aren't you DB? What are you hoping/expecting for the coming season? Double promotion perhaps? ;)
No, still in Northern Premier League. My signature has been up since we lost the playoff semi final.

Still heart breaking.

Up 1-0.
They tie it up at 90+2, then they score the winner at 120+1.

No, still in Northern Premier League. My signature has been up since we lost the playoff semi final.

Still heart breaking.

Up 1-0.
They tie it up at 90+2, then they score the winner at 120+1.

Oh wow! I never noticed - that has got to be one of the cruelest ways to end a season! I thought you guys were looking like you'd finish the season as champions (getting automatic promotion?).

ps. I'm not sure 'non-league' is the best for this topic. (I realise I did it the last 2 seasons, but the last month or so I've thought about what to call it, hence not making an actual thread)
I feel it needs to incorporate League 1 and League 2 as well.

EPL gets weekly threads.
Championship gets a seasonal thread.
Then there's this for 5 and under.

Tiers 3 and 4 have nothing covering it.

EDIT: Maybe keep this thread and rename the Championhip thread the Football League Thread?

Last edited:
That's brutal about that little slip up ultimately costing you promotion. Hopefully bigger and better things for you guys this season!

That's not too bad an idea (maybe even have a League 1 & 2 thread?) - I was actually thinking earlier (if FGR were promoted to League 2 next season, where I should post for them). I'll run it by the other mods and see what they reckon. :)

ps. I'm not sure 'non-league' is the best for this topic. (I realise I did it the last 2 seasons, but the last month or so I've thought about what to call it, hence not making an actual thread)

EPL gets weekly threads.

EDIT: Maybe keep this thread and rename the Championhip thread the Football League Thread?
Noticed that too. I think the championship one should become the football league and keep this as the non league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EPL gets weekly threads.

Noticed that too. I think the championship one should become the football league and keep this as the non league.

Yeah noticed it last season as well, but we haven't really had any League Oners to necessitate it.

Just an update fellas, the mods have discussed it and we decided to include the lower leagues (English Leagues 1 and 2) with the non league comps into the same thread. We didn't think there was enough interest across the boards to justify a separate league 1 & 2 thread and we believe that the Championship is a big enough competition (with enough posters) to justify having its own thread.

I think there is a Carlisle United fan on here as well as a few Pompey fans (outside of that, not sure of many others).

Was a big name at Hull early in his career as well! Signs are good for that mob.

Haha yeah? Didn't know that SM - with a nickname like 'The Beast', you guys should have kept him!

Forest Green split their squad last night and played 2 friendlies, winning both!

3-5 over local rivals Gloucester City and 1-0 over Slimbridge! Let the good times roll on!

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/?p=5054

http://www.stroudlife.co.uk/Forest-...son-friendly/story-21746557-detail/story.html

Haha yeah? Didn't know that SM - with a nickname like 'The Beast', you guys should have kept him!

Forest Green split their squad last night and played 2 friendlies, winning both!

3-5 over local rivals Gloucester City and 1-0 over Slimbridge! Let the good times roll on!

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/?p=5054

http://www.stroudlife.co.uk/Forest-...son-friendly/story-21746557-detail/story.html

He was certainly a beast when he was with us. Kept us up in the Championship in 05/06 and started 06/07 strongly before being loaned out to Stoke.

He was certainly a beast when he was with us. Kept us up in the Championship in 05/06 and started 06/07 strongly before being loaned out to Stoke.

Just checked out his wiki page and he's definitely well traveled. 11 in 47 for Hull too which isn't too bad. Certainly his height and size should make him a decent threat in the Conference - hopefully fires us into the League next season :)

Just checked out his wiki page and he's definitely well traveled. 11 in 47 for Hull too which isn't too bad. Certainly his height and size should make him a decent threat in the Conference - hopefully fires us into the League next season :)

Sorry mate, it'll be Grimsby going up. ;)

Sorry mate, it'll be Grimsby going up. ;)

Have a soft spot for Grimsby! Happy for them (or Gateshead) to follow Forest Green up into League 2 via the playoffs ;)

yay, 4-1 win last night.
1-4-0 in pre-season now.
5 to go.
Next match. Maidenhead
3-0 win.
2-4-0.
Next match. 1874 Northwich on Tuesday.

Liking this pre-season.
Actually getting results.
The Loss filled pre-seasons were leading to slow starts last few years.

Hitting the ground running. I like it. Put pressure on the league early and waltz in and win the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back