news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh good. Jones fights a 1-legged Cormier instead..

Cormier, a two-time Olympian, is unbeaten in his MMA career and owns victories over Dan Henderson, Patrick Cummins, Roy Nelson and Frank Mir in the Octagon. The American Kickboxing Academy stalwart was expected to undergo surgery to repair a torn LCL and partially damaged ACL in his right knee, but apparently those plans have been put on hold.

FMD.

ak5il.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Faber's next fight is apparently in Japan against Masanori Kanehara. I've never heard of the guy and was shocked someone with his record (23-11-5) would be a suitable fight for Uriah.
Seems a little like they don't know what to do with him at the moment.

Not ready for another title shot but is clearly #2 or #3 in the division. I hope they don't turn him into a gatekeeper for the division.

Fair point, no one (and i dont care what you say) thought Weidman would one punch Silva so who knows. That being said, it seems a stretch.

It's worth putting 20 on at the tab. It's a fair stretch but the last time we seen him he wrapped his leg around another blokes knee. The more I think about it, if he gets knocked out then some would argue it's time for silva to retire. The opposite of that is he comes out like the silva we know and destroys Diaz in stunning fashion. It really is make or break for the spider.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back