List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kedge

Debutant
Oct 1, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Michael Talia can't crack a game at the Bulldogs, what makes you think he'll make our 22?
Because people on here criticise our big defenders for their lack of attack/run, which michael provides. Otten is good enough defensively (last week aside) to play second tall to cover michael while he develops a little.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
All this talk of trading Danger?

Why would you trade him ever? For fear of losing him? That is just plain nuts.

There is no other player like him in the comp - and if you want to upset just about every young crows supporter we have, then go ahead.

He is gold on and off the field.

Forget it. Never.

I'd love to lure Cameron, but not for Danger - not for Sloane - not for Crouch - not for Talia. If we become one of those clubs that trades away it's heart and soul then pity for us all.

<EDIT> OR TEX!!! </EDIT>

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

There is no other player like him in the comp - and if you want to upset just about every young crows supporter we have, then go ahead.

Forget it. Never.

I'd love to lure Cameron, but not for Danger - not for Sloane - not for Crouch - not for Talia. If we become one of those clubs that trades away it's heart and soul then pity for us all.
The only thing supporters want is a premiership, if nobes thinks trading danger is best for the club in its pursuit of a premiership then I say go for it, by the way I would take danger + pick 10 for Cameron and pick 3 in a heart beat.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

Forget it. Never.

spot on you dont trade away the fabric, heart and soul of the club

thank god many posters on here dont make list management decsions

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The only thing supporters want is a premiership, if nobes thinks trading danger is best for the club in its pursuit of a premiership then I say go for it, by the way I would take danger + pick 10 for Cameron and pick 3 in a heart beat.
At the very least it may be a chance to put Danger to the sword this trade period - his extension needs to be done or traded out IMO. Otherwise the whole FA BS is going to pollute our 2015 and if he goes we get a draft pick and that's it.

Clubs need to take back a bit of power, especially at the top end

Jun 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
At the very least it may be a chance to put Danger to the sword this trade period - his extension needs to be done or traded out IMO. Otherwise the whole FA BS is going to pollute our 2015 and if he goes we get a draft pick and that's it.

Agree 100 %, people are going to say trading danger early out of fear of him leaving is ridiculous but receiving pick 14 or 15 next year is what's ridiculous especially if we could potentially get the next Wayne Carey instead.

Jun 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

Agree 100 %, people are going to say trading danger early out of fear of him leaving is ridiculous but receiving pick 14 or 15 next year is what's ridiculous especially if we could potentially get the next Wayne Carey instead.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

Forget it. Never.

or tex

Danger + 10 for cameron + 3?
Where is the dislike post button... :thumbsdown:

1. Danger would have no interest going to GWS - none, nix.
2. Danger has made it clear he want success. IMO he will stay as that type of guy (no Tippett or Gunston), but if he were to move it would be home to Geelong.
3. Danger still has 1.5 years of his contract left, yet the paranoia panic on this board wanting him to sign now. IMO, he will re-sign with us long-term within the next 6 months - there is no rush as he is not in the last year of his contract.

You just don't trade players like Dangerfield who are a key fabric of the club as it causes massive collateral damage.

Tex for Cameron.

Head says yes. Heart says....
WTF is up with you tonight?

Sure I want Cameron too, but 1st you want to trade Danger, next Tex.

Danger, Sloane, B Crouch, Tex & Talia - all untouchable - not only for their abilities, but they are AFC & to lose them trashes the fabric of the club!

If (doubtful) Cameron want to come to the Crows, then it is anyone else + 1st rounder + other (exchanged) picks if need be.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Cameron wants to come here the only way we would get it done is if he actually says he only wants to go to the Crows, and thats up to us to make happen. Players have been getting to their club of choice for years from Judd to Polec when their club could of got better offers if the player was happy to go anywhere. If he chooses us we will get a good deal.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Where is the dislike post button... :thumbsdown:

1. Danger would have no interest going to GWS - none, nix.
2. Danger has made it clear he want success. IMO he will stay as that type of guy (no Tippett or Gunston), but if he were to move it would be home to Geelong.
3. Danger still has 1.5 years of his contract left, yet the paranoia panic on this board wanting him to sign now. IMO, he will re-sign with us long-term within the next 6 months - there is no rush as he is not in the last year of his contract.

You just don't trade players like Dangerfield who are a key fabric of the club as it causes massive collateral damage.

I don't quite see how these two haven't moved to more successful clubs? I don't think Danger is looking to go anywhere either - but your logic got lost on me there somewhere :)

I don't quite see how these two haven't moved to more successful clubs? I don't think Danger is looking to go anywhere either - but your logic got lost on me there somewhere :)
Yes, I better clarify this. Danger is the type of character who wouldn't move club unless he didn't think his club had much future of winning a flag. The other 2 didn't need much convincing to move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back