Scotty Lycett rested - WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lycett knows he has a place in our best team next season beside Nik Nat, so if he isn't content with that, and doesn't want to wait for that opportunity, then it is highly likely he was going to leave anyway. Him not playing tomorrow won't make the difference.

Bit of a dramatic reaction. Simpson has already come out and said the rucks will be rotated for the rest of the season.
So what, how does that appease Lycett? If he decides tonight, that's it Im going to Port to go home to family where I can play each week, we can all take satisfaction over the fact well, he knew the ruck was going to be rotated....

Honestly it could be a good sign. Cox has retired - the pressure is off for us to prove to the bloke he's in the 22.

So what, how does that appease Lycett? If he decides tonight, that's it Im going to Port to go home to family where I can play each week, we can all take satisfaction over the fact well, he knew the ruck was going to be rotated....

I was thinking the fans should have known he was likely to be rotated out so I'm surprised at the hysteria.

Avalor made a very good post. If Cox not being around next year isn't good enough for him then playing all six remaining games (as opposed to 3-4) won't do much.

FWIW I think we'll lose and then rest NN for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have dropped Priddis and kept Lycett in, Lycett is quicker than Priddis so pace wouldn't have been a problem. :p

Ceduna is in Adelaide?

To me it indicates one of two things:
1) The club knows he is staying so they don't they feel obliged to pick him every week, even though on form he is our best ruckman.
2) They know he is going, so they are not phased about upsetting him.

To me it indicates one of two things:
1) The club knows he is staying so they don't they feel obliged to pick him every week, even though on form he is our best ruckman.
2) They know he is going, so they are not phased about upsetting him.

In either case LET'S GO CRAZY ON INTERNET FORUMS IN THE MEANTIME!!!1!!1!

Well I'd have thought that now cox is semi retired we can stop with the "ruck rotation" charade and start putting the best team out onto the park every week. Which is NN and Lycett. Hell Lycett is our no 1 ruckman at the moment.

I would understand if it was Cox's last game, but if it's not, then I really don't see the point. Lycett has been in the system 3 years, and he had last week off along with the rest of the team. And was "rested" 2 weeks before that against Fremantle.

I mean * me.

Curious. Maybe just he needs a rest. A bit sore? Either way, the club are FULLY aware Lycett is being sniffed out by the SA clubs. I'm sure negotiations are in full swing.

Still makes me sick in the stomach tho.......

Boy o boy! The club will be smashed by the media (rightly so) and fans too if Scott pulls up stumps!

I presume East Perth.
Not playing at East Perth, probably for the rest of the year.

Expect Naitanui to be given the rest of the year off soon. Might be getting one last game with Cox before it happens. Then it will be Lycett/Cox for the rest of the season (if Coxs body holds out).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back