Opinion James Frawley

Does Chip Frawley make for a happy meal at Collingwood?

• Smother him in white salt and black vinegar and we have a delicious treat!

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Let's allow the Cats and Hawks to squabble over Melbourne's leftovers!

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

POKsPies252

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
So Mark Robinson seems somewhat confident on the idea that Frawley has already signed with us (just talked about it again on 360)
I know we've discussed this on various threads but thought it needed it's own thread considering the media seem to have us as one of the front runners.
What are your thoughts on this potential signing and what does this mean for our other key defenders?
Personally I think it's a good pick up aslong as it's now on too much coin (I have no issue with a long contract). Something like 550k per year for 6 years. I think one of Brown/Keeffe might be in the firing line to be traded if we were to pick Frawley up.

He said it’s just talk at the moment and nothing Concrete.

He may be right but I think Frawley has not made his mind up until seasons end.

We are probably a the frontrunners but anything can happen until it’s Officall and that is 2 and half months away.

IF true, I hope we don’t sign him on too much money. Max of 600k

You're right, let's stick with the hacks we have so we can miss the 8...
Ah yes that's exactly what I said!!

He will be more of the same. Did I say stick with anyone. All I expect is we bring in people that can kick and be good decision makers rather than add to an existing problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a fantastic addition to the side but I'm just not sure if it's worth it. In particular, the 7 year contract that he's asking for is ridiculous, he's not a game changer like Buddy he's an above average defender. If this does happen I think it's also pretty obvious that someone will have to move on i.e. Brown or Reid, possibly Keeffe.

Will have to see how it pans out before making a full judgement but at this stage, I'm not a big fan.

If we are looking to recruit him, then I'd think one of Frost, Keeffe or Brown would be traded.

If we could manage to arrange a trade with one of these guys + something to GWS for one of their young midfielders then it looks much better. We can't afford to move one of these guys on without a replacement.

Back