All things James Frawley - pick #3 compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Now, I could go back and just delete my post - but you've blown me up here.. :oops:

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

I love the angry assumptions that not chasing an offer from Melbourne yet means he's gone rather than he's testing his market value and will give Melbourne final right of reply. A few on here need to lay off the grog (or perhaps a couple more drinks) and relax.
Football supporters love a scapegoat. It's easy to get riled up by 'news' like this.

When asked if they were after him:

BtOIS7LCMAAeJTA.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Robinson has said on AFL 360 tonight that free agent, James Frawley has "committed" to Collingwood and will be at the Pies in 2015.

He did not say it was 100% True but that is what is being talked about in the Footy Circles

I'd be surprised if he wasn't committed somewhere else by now. Who knows if its true but Collingwood would make sense with their backline ATM.

Mark Robinson has said on AFL 360 tonight that free agent, James Frawley has "committed" to Collingwood and will be at the Pies in 2015.

Probably just his agent trying to drive the price up. After going through this crap with Thomas last year it is not pleasant and is a dirty part of the game that I guess we are all going to have to get used to. The problem is as free agency gets going it will lead to more players moving clubs. All the crap clubs preach about loyalty, taking unders to keep the list together and then they go out and bring in a guy on big money.

Or you take unders and get traded like Dawes did.

Probably just his agent trying to drive the price up. After going through this crap with Thomas last year it is not pleasant and is a dirty part of the game that I guess we are all going to have to get used to. The problem is as free agency gets going it will lead to more players moving clubs. All the crap clubs preach about loyalty, taking unders to keep the list together and then they go out and bring in a guy on big money.

Or you take unders and get traded like Dawes did.

Could be but Without him saying where he heard it then you never know

Well, We could win a flag still IF we can stay mostly injury free
I actually agree with you. Not much of a Collingwood fan (though I do love Swanny, Pendles and Elliott), but without all the injuries, they could very well be right up there. And IF they do indeed get Frawley... it could most certainly help them. Not that I wanna see that happen, but it could. I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Almost happier to see him go to Collingwood than a genuine contender (Sydney/Hawthorn/Freo).

We better be aggressive and on-trade the pick we get for him though. Use 1 of the 2 high draft picks we have, and chuck the other one GWS' way for another jet.

A fit Collingwood team with Frawley at FB and Reid up forward next to Cloke would be very competitive. There's a fair bit of youth about Collingwood too so i can see how it would be appealing. Still hope Chip stays.

Can probably offer him a fair deal too - Maxwell would have been on a bit, I'd imagine Lynch's contract is up this year and Hudson will pull the pin (although he's only on a rookie contract). Only other blokes on their list over 30 are Swan and Ball, and they've recently hit 30.

Only problem with their list is the manager. Buckley has been steadily taking Collingwood backwards since he filched the job off Mick. They've had some injury problems but Buckley isn't getting the best out of Swan, Ball, Cloke, etc either. Bringing in depth spuds like White and Armstrong doesn't help, or signing Quinten Lynch as your starting centre-half forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back