Preview Changes v Richmond - R18 Friday 25 July

Remove this Banner Ad

I miss Yeo, i've forgotten just how positive i was about him getting more time in the guts.

Can't wait until he returns.

Probably one of the only mildly exciting features of the rest of the season for me if he comes back. There's not a lot to look forward to especially if NN cops the cotton wool.

Probably one of the only mildly exciting features of the rest of the season for me if he comes back. There's not a lot to look forward to especially if NN cops the cotton wool.

Yeah i couldn't agree more.

I had more interest watching the team play out the wooden spoon season of 2010 with all the youngsters than i do right now.

Just like 2009. That sure worked well for us come draft day. :drunk:
yes...i was definitely having a fantasy. richmond being pretty hot at the moment and fired up.
i miss Yeo in the middle too, added some class.
i like Mcginnity around the team as backup. like his no frills endeavour. not sure how long he'll last.

I think send anyone who has injuries to surgery now ....no use in flogging guys on the track to come back for 2 or 3 games

Use the last 6 games to play kids, try some different strategies and positional

Send any injured guys now for surgery
Depends if their injuries require it, I guess.

Think Wilson would go before Butler, but otherwise agree with those (as being the likely changes, not my preferred changes)
Butler is a better defender than Wilson, however I think Butlers days are numbered...
I'm hoping Bennell and Yeo will be knocking the door down next week

Simmo doesnt want players that wont put their heads over the ball so I would say hes heading for the chopping block.
Never really recaptured that 2012 form . Has had chances to prove himself but like Wellingham hes become lazy.
To be fair, he really hasn't been given much of an opportunity this year. Whats he played like 4 games as the sub? Would really be interested in giving him an extended run in the team along side Lecca, they haven't played many games together and I think next to our talls they both could be quite damaging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only at West Coast do we play all year desperately short of warriors who'll stand up with the game on and fight to the last - McGinnity comes in and delivers that in spades, mixes in a tackling masterclass, dons clutch goals out of his arse, spots up leading forwards you name it... and we want to replace him with Cripps?

McGinnity has kicked two goals and had three goal assists in four games. Hardly doing as you described, in fact Cripps has his measure in terms of offensive ability.

Consistency is Cripps issue at the moment. Really isn't much between them except McGinnity is older and not a forwards arse hole, at the moment McGinnity also hasn't played enough games to really play a genuinely poor game. But hasn't played a genuinely good game either.

Why do some of you think Lycett will be going anywhere but sharing the ruck with Nic from the end of this season just because Coxy will get a few more games before he takes on the ruck coaching gig permanently? Do you seriously believe the club would be that dumb? (dont answer that :p) I'm sure Scott knows the situation is going to fall his way. If I was in Lycett's position I'd happily let my coach and club champion go out on a high... he's got nothing to lose and a lot to gain with west coast and Coxy from 2015 on.

Why do some of you think Lycett will be going anywhere but sharing the ruck with Nic from the end of this season just because Coxy will get a few more games before he takes on the ruck coaching gig permanently? Do you seriously believe the club would be that dumb? (dont answer that :p) I'm sure Scott knows the situation is going to fall his way. If I was in Lycett's position I'd happily let my coach and club champion go out on a high... he's got nothing to lose and a lot to gain with west coast and Coxy from 2015 on.

"Going out on a high" is what Cox will be doing in his farewell game. Which I imagine Lycett will be stepping aside for.

I just don't see any point whatsoever in playing our retired ruckman in the next 6 games, when the new ruckman could be developing and gaining confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back