Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I never said it was vacant..I think Mclovinit put it out there and Hank then stated that there are rumours abounding that Cam Stewart is waiting in the wings if a vacancy does come about.
there is rumblings that he has been approached, maybe he hasn't, maybe he has, if he has, Rochy may just be touching base and being proactive in case they don't make finals/or don't win a final again and believe a change at the top may be needed.

there is rumblings that he has been approached, maybe he hasn't, maybe he has, if he has, Rochy may just be touching base and being proactive in case they don't make finals/or don't win a final again and believe a change at the top may be needed.
I had heard the same hank!:)

Yeah well that's a fair call since they are yet to win a final under him. Hard to find excuses with the lists they have had. Like I said earlier, it's a huge game Saturday. They had there chances last time against swans at home. Who knows maybe something gelled against Euroa. Fair turn around from last time they met.

Hank is on the money..... from what I'm hearing Cam Stewart is pretty keen on the job. Not sure if its a done deal or not but thats the rumour at the moment.

Things didn't go to well at Echuca for him. I think he was only there for two years? That being said they had a fair exodus of players after 2011.

Regarding the rochy vs swans game this weekend I think the most intriguing aspects of the game will be the madden gledhill match up! Think young gledhill would be up there with the best key defenders in the league and hasn't been beaten by anyone all year! If u asked Lewis, Newman etc I'm sure they would tell u he was their hardest opponent!

Regarding the rochy vs swans game this weekend I think the most intriguing aspects of the game will be the madden gledhill match up! Think young gledhill would be up there with the best key defenders in the league and hasn't been beaten by anyone all year! If u asked Lewis, Newman etc I'm sure they would tell u he was their hardest opponent!

Gledhill's improvement has been rapid and he certainly has the height and natural speed to be a quality key defender. Didn't see Bowen's name on the team sheet so they may be undersized down back. That said, Jason Morgan would be hard to go past as the premier defender in the GV. Morgan on Newman would be interesting.

Gledhill's improvement has been rapid and he certainly has the height and natural speed to be a quality key defender. Didn't see Bowen's name on the team sheet so they may be undersized down back. That said, Jason Morgan would be hard to go past as the premier defender in the GV. Morgan on Newman would be interesting.
Chris Ryan has been pretty handy down back too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cop that for footy lingo - "studying structures and running patterns" - Please!!!

Sorry Shane, was simply quoting the bloke who knows the bloke's cousins's sister's roomate, who knew Cam's movements on the given day. Mental note to self: no footy lingo on the footy forum ... might offend Shane`s sensibilities .... Cheers

Cam was definitely at the Rochy v Swans game a few weeks back studying structures and running patterns ... and poor ball delivery to Weeks. Clearly it (the delivery) improved last week against Euroa.

Obviously you know a fair bit about his movements Tongue so perhaps you can spill the beans about whats going on??

Obviously you know a fair bit about his movements Tongue so perhaps you can spill the beans about whats going on??

Not much more than I have shared to be honest ringo1, while being mindful of the aforementioned cousin's sister's roomate, he was there `studying structures and running patterns` (sorry shane) ... sounds like ex-TAC coach speak! Could simply be a coincidence, or a new found passion for the Swans or Tigers.

Sorry Shane, was simply quoting the bloke who knows the bloke's cousins's sister's roomate, who knew Cam's movements on the given day. Mental note to self: no footy lingo on the footy forum ... might offend Shane`s sensibilities .... Cheers
No it's ok - just love the lingo over the last 10 years or so even at local level - used to be "the fat side" or "a kick behind the play" - how things have changed.

No it's ok - just love the lingo over the last 10 years or so even at local level - used to be "the fat side" or "a kick behind the play" - how things have changed.

Yeah the language or lingo borders on hysterical at times, and the days of 'kick it down the guts`and `man on man` have gone the way of the Tasmanian Tiger. Remember that classic Greg Champion song on this very topic ... Red Hot Go?

Not much more than I have shared to be honest ringo1, while being mindful of the aforementioned cousin's sister's roomate, he was there `studying structures and running patterns` (sorry shane) ... sounds like ex-TAC coach speak! Could simply be a coincidence, or a new found passion for the Swans or Tigers.
Well he was an assistant at the Stingrays..but that was awhile ago.not sure he will go back down that path but I'm sure he'd like another crack at GV

Benalla too good for Ky today - question is can they do it in most probably two meetings come September? Should be good.

Can`t imagine Dirty will take the defeat well with the prize of 2nd place at risk. Luke Morgan needs a finals campaign to reflect two years of dominant home and away performances but Kyabram will be a tough proposition if they finish 2nd.

Given Benalla's run home would think it highly likely that they will go through the home and home rounds undefeated, a fantastic effort. Swans to finish in second spot with Ky to take third, fourth to Tat , 5th to Rochy and flip a coin for 6th, United or Mooroopna.
A really tight game at Ky on Sat with not much between the sides all day but Ky never really looking likely. Ky turned the footy over too often and lacked polish when shooting on goal. Benalla run hard and don't have any real weaknesses.
Bad news for Ky with Xav Linton apparently suffering a double break in his forearm and now finished for the season.
Benalla now clear favourites for the flag but we all know what sometimes happens to un defeated sides in finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back