Resource Cats on TV and radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't usually watch the footy show but when I found out Scott was going to be on, I thought i'd see what he had to say.

Made mention that we have been scratchy and have lost interstate, but have been quite solid in Melbourne.

did make mention that unless we win the last 5 matches we will probably have to play finals interstate, and need to improve a little in that area.

He's also of the opinion that the older players are carrying us over the line less often, and the contributions of younger players (mentioned Duncan, Guthrie, GHS, Christensen) are becoming more prominent

As a team they need to be better in clearances and when we have lost we have been smashed in the contest, but seeing as we have won having been beaten in this area... it's not the be all and end all. Did note that against the best teams we can't afford for this to continue, and to be constantly defending from the back 50.

Would like for Lingy to be an assistant coach at Geelong, but understands the tough decision he needs to make isn't easy.... Midfield coach??

Well this seems to me to be some of the main things that are discussed on here, so at least they seem to have a handle on some of the team's weaknesses... Rectifying the problems is another challenge entirely

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
He's also of the opinion that the older players are carrying us over the line less often, and the contributions of younger players (mentioned Duncan, Guthrie, GHS, Christensen) are becoming more prominent
This is the really interesting part; the club would know much more than we about who wins us games and how. That's probably why we've been so inconsistent. As that ratio shifts from 80 old 20 young to 80 young 20 old there are bound to be games where it doesn't quite match up. Also says a lot to the reason why we arent performing so well interstate (aside from the fact that Swans, Freo and Port are up and about).

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Just watch Mickey Turner on Open Mike. Christ on a bike he's got a chip on his shoulder the size of Tasmania. Really glad he's got nothing to do with the club, sounds like he would be poisonous. So bitter!

Just watch Mickey Turner on Open Mike. Christ on a bike he's got a chip on his shoulder the size of Tasmania. Really glad he's got nothing to do with the club, sounds like he would be poisonous. So bitter!
Thought that myself, I'm a bit young to know the ins and outs of why he's bitter though:oops:.

Oh and I'm not sure if you've heard, but he's a part of the Falcons footy factory:rolleyes::p

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Oh and I'm not sure if you've heard, but he's a part of the Falcons footy factory:rolleyes::p
Ah the manufacturers of some of the finest foot and hand candy in the land!

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Was our coach in the footy show last night?

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Did Chris Scott make an appearance on the Channel 9 football show last night?

Did Chris Scott make an appearance on the Channel 9 football show last night?
Yes I had a conversation with you yesterday about it :drunk:, scroll up its on the same page

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Tired from uni :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back