SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your telling me root.... About 3 years ago I sent a proposal into the sfl to make amendments based on the cmfl's game day counting model...Nothing come of it!!!! So now they can deal this issue. Not being amongst the action any more my info is only second hand but my mail is 2 other Sfl clubs have now called for there games to be reviewed. So more will follow...

Your telling me root.... About 3 years ago I sent a proposal into the sfl to make amendments based on the cmfl's game day counting model...Nothing come of it!!!! So now they can deal this issue. Not being amongst the action any more my info is only second hand but my mail is 2 other Sfl clubs have now called for there games to be reviewed. So more will follow...

The CMFL has their system on the club website but I cant find the no. of points allowed on each game day only the total allocation eg 44 points. I guess RC would be over their total season allocation under the CMFL system when you consider .... coaches are 5 points, intra-league recruits are 7 and local players are one point. (do points reduce each season)
I cant say I know which system is the most efficient. But if a club has a splurge wins a flag or two then cries poor, downtrodden or persecuted and another group of hard working volunteers have to work their asses off for years to get the club out of the s**t.....then I'm not sympathetic.

The models them selves are the same. Ie there is a points cap & individual players are delegated points based on a set of rules. They are totalled up if they are over a set number clubs are disqualified.

The fundamental difference is the sfl's model is list based where as the cmfl's is senior team sheet based. This assessment method would save red cliffs in a couple of games but not all. However the team sheet method is not used in the sfl and therefore red cliffs are in trouble.

Simple solution for the sfl is to make introduce senior team sheet counting. No other rules have change.

The one additional rule I would add is one player is exempt from the game day counting... not a coach currently 7 sfl clubs are being coached by players that attract 0 points. Currently a coach is the only exemption allowed.

U wanna guess the 1 clubs coach that benefits from there points rating reducing to 0?????????

The models them selves are the same. Ie there is a points cap & individual players are delegated points based on a set of rules. They are totalled up if they are over a set number clubs are disqualified.

The fundamental difference is the sfl's model is list based where as the cmfl's is senior team sheet based. This assessment method would save red cliffs in a couple of games but not all. However the team sheet method is not used in the sfl and therefore red cliffs are in trouble.

Simple solution for the sfl is to make introduce senior team sheet counting. No other rules have change.

The one additional rule I would add is one player is exempt from the game day counting... not a coach currently 7 sfl clubs are being coached by players that attract 0 points. Currently a coach is the only exemption allowed.

U wanna guess the 1 clubs coach that benefits from there points rating reducing to 0?????????
This points fiasco is about to get very interesting in the SFL.

I think it's ridiculous that individual clubs have to lodge a request for their games to be reviewed. Surely the SFL is responsible to enforce it's own rules? Am I right in the belief that if no clubs requested reviews nothing would have happened? This is pretty damning and embarrassing for the SFL.

Which coach attracts points??

Is it safe to assume that all clubs will be reviewing their opposition team sheets season to date to see if they played a team above the points quota? If the SFNL were fair dinkum they would have appointed a panel to go through the year to date lists. What happens if this drags into the finals series and it's discovered the a club has missed out on playing finals due to a questionable points total? I reckon its gonna get tight for the 4th position and the quality of the top 5 is such that there would be no surprises if any of them play off in the grand final. Is this investigation being run by ASADA...?:p

The sfl has taken 4 points off red cliffs so far... The other game is still under review!!! But yes unfortunately all clubs are required to request a review if they are Un happy.

Based on the current rules the sfl failed there test when they aloud red cliffs to exceed their 22 point quota. And now the s**t fight begins/ and will continue...

The 1 club that benefits from there coach reducing to nil is red cliffs.......

Surely RC didn't bin or not accept the footy records at the gate on the weekend due to the spat with the league administration over points? Is someone taking the p**s? They will be hard to beat now in the run to the finals, can anyone (Delray) see 'em losing more points due to points irregularities? It has created some sort of log jam from 2nd to 5th though, with all those teams a realistic chance to play finals. Gee, Mildura were good on the weekend.....

Surely RC didn't bin or not accept the footy records at the gate on the weekend due to the spat with the league administration over points? Is someone taking the p**s? They will be hard to beat now in the run to the finals, can anyone (Delray) see 'em losing more points due to points irregularities? It has created some sort of log jam from 2nd to 5th though, with all those teams a realistic chance to play finals. Gee, Mildura were good on the weekend.....
If the SFL have any balls Red Cliffs ( 22 points for the year ) will lose all points from rounds 8-13 as over in points every game.
Its not hard to work.

Campbell 3 points, played seniors 12th April v Mildura
S Motlop 3 points, played seniors 12th April
Jackson 3 points, played seniors 12th April
Colaiacovo 2 points, played seniors 12th April
Felise 3 points, played seniors 12th April
Kennedy 4 points, played seniors 12th April
D Motlop 4 points, played seniors 18th April v Wentworth
All Ineligible players in order from 18th April :
M Motlop 4 points, played seniors 18th April v Wentworth = 26 points
- two Motlops
Brown 4 points, played seniors 10th May v Robinvale = 22
Fejo 2 points, played seniors 14th June v Irymple = 24
Lovett 4 points, played seniors 21st June v Mildura = 28
Mott 3 points, played seniors 28th June v Wentworth = 31 points
over in all games since v Robinvale, Imps & South.

Fejo, Lovett & Mott not eligible to play at all.

If the SFL have any balls Red Cliffs ( 22 points for the year ) will lose all points from rounds 8-13 as over in points every game.
Its not hard to work.

Campbell 3 points, played seniors 12th April v Mildura
S Motlop 3 points, played seniors 12th April
Jackson 3 points, played seniors 12th April
Colaiacovo 2 points, played seniors 12th April
Felise 3 points, played seniors 12th April
Kennedy 4 points, played seniors 12th April
D Motlop 4 points, played seniors 18th April v Wentworth
All Ineligible players in order from 18th April :
M Motlop 4 points, played seniors 18th April v Wentworth = 26 points
- two Motlops
Brown 4 points, played seniors 10th May v Robinvale = 22
Fejo 2 points, played seniors 14th June v Irymple = 24
Lovett 4 points, played seniors 21st June v Mildura = 28
Mott 3 points, played seniors 28th June v Wentworth = 31 points
over in all games since v Robinvale, Imps & South.

Fejo, Lovett & Mott not eligible to play at all.

Unfortunately for Red Cliffs I can't see any way they can win in this situation. Their own self reporting listed themselves at 22 points and that was with Jackson on 2. They even agree he is should be a 3. That puts their own rating that they put forward at 23. That 23 included Kennedy and Felise as you mentioned above as zero points as non senior players , but Kennedy has played 5 games and Felise 1 game so their points must now be included. That puts them at 30 based on their own self assessment. Not sure what they feel is unjust?

Unfortunately for Red Cliffs I can't see any way they can win in this situation. Their own self reporting listed themselves at 22 points and that was with Jackson on 2. They even agree he is should be a 3. That puts their own rating that they put forward at 23. That 23 included Kennedy and Felise as you mentioned above as zero points as non senior players , but Kennedy has played 5 games and Felise 1 game so their points must now be included. That puts them at 30 based on their own self assessment. Not sure what they feel is unjust?
I don't believe they feel unjust, just unlucky. They got caught out I reckon, without full knowledge of the implications of getting all these players together, or they just took the risk. Probably not the best idea to amass a flurry of stars in the manner they did without performing some due diligence both at the start of the season and during games. If they lose their points as Carlos suggests, It's a lotta cash spent with little to no reward......Might even miss finals..... Unfortunately, the SFNL won't step in and remove the points without opposition clubs putting forward a request to investigate the individual games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word on the street down the big smoke that this is going to get a mention on a national footy show. The league are going to look like fools if they don't sort this mess out.

So South are the next in line to request a recount, does anyone know how many teams may have a case to present with credible figures or evidence? If so, what would their premiership points tally look like if the results in question were reversed?

So South are the next in line to request a recount, does anyone know how many teams may have a case to present with credible figures or evidence? If so, what would their premiership points tally look like if the results in question were reversed?
Word is Irymple lodging today.
Red Cliffs could go to 4 wins - 9 losses with a % of 56.

Word is Irymple lodging today.
Red Cliffs could go to 4 wins - 9 losses with a % of 56.
That would a disaster for the Tigers this year, a lot of money down the drain if that scenario plays out. Would the SFNL ask AFL Victoria for assistance or guidance on this, it'll be a balls up if not....surely....

That would a disaster for the Tigers this year, a lot of money down the drain if that scenario plays out. Would the SFNL ask AFL Victoria for assistance or guidance on this, it'll be a balls up if not....surely....
Tigers have bought all this on themselves, self-assessed players clearly under what they should have been.

If it all pans out the way we believe, it leaves Imps, Irymple, Mildura and South in the running for the flag. Gonna be hard to beat the competition leaders when they get Rhoades and Coleman back in the lead up to the finals....

If it all pans out the way we believe, it leaves Imps, Irymple, Mildura and South in the running for the flag. Gonna be hard to beat the competition leaders when they get Rhoades and Coleman back in the lead up to the finals....
Rhodes very very doubtful, leg still in a cast.
You writing Wenty off Schnail?

Rhodes very very doubtful, leg still in a cast.
You writing Wenty off Schnail?
Not writing them off, I just think both South and Mildura are in stronger positions on the ladder and with their rosters. The Demons are the real deal at the moment, they only lost to Imps by a couple of goals, their young mids are getting a lot of the footy and South are better than what they have displayed. Wentworth need to bring their A game week in week out, otherwise they'll slip. Their B game is not a stable as the other 2 in contention. I was hoping at the start of the year that they would take it another step, the 1st semi last year was a bit of a belting, however we also saw a young T.Dawes kick 9, was hoping to see more of that this year.

Whose everyones tip for the Flag?

Is there likely to be many clubs on the hunt for new Coaches next year?

Hard for me to confirm from my point of view I've left the area. But lose lips do sink ships......love to know who ur informant is!!!! But let's be serious if Ben dusher is coming to town he will be called by all 8 clubs in the sfl. Ouyen and probably every club in the central Murray also.

Simple fact is his home club is merbien so they will be the front runners for family reasons but they could drop the ball for some reason which could open up the door for another club.

I have no doubt he will be welcomed with open arms where ever he decides to play!!!! If he even does end up returning home....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back