Buddy splits with his manager Liam Pickering

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's what I thought.

Maybe he'll say he's self managed for footy and has a celebrity agent. Or maybe AFL contracts have to be managed by AFLPA managers but you don't need one once the contract is done.

Can't help but think this isn't necessarily a bad thing for Pickers. No more % of Buddies off field money but probably a lot more time to work on other players.
Are they allowed to be self-managed and is there a process to go through?

Oh God....

OH GOD!

Im not a fan of Pickering, but this spells trouble down for track imo. Buddy needs a strong manager, preferably involved in footy to keep him in line, not a light touch celebrity manager (Im assuming this is the case).

Yeah that's what I thought.

Maybe he'll say he's self managed for footy and has a celebrity agent. Or maybe AFL contracts have to be managed by AFLPA managers but you don't need one once the contract is done.

Can't help but think this isn't necessarily a bad thing for Pickers. No more % of Buddies off field money but probably a lot more time to work on other players.

This is perfect for Pickering. He gets paid, he doesn't have to do anything more. Buddy can &^%$ up as much as he wants - not Pickering's problem.

Buddy is not signing another football contract so a player agent is unnecessary. There is a shitload of cash to be made in the fake plastic $ydney market. There are plenty of spivs that know that market better than Pickering.

He has a few milllion reasons why he can put his feet up after retirement (even an "early" retirement due to injury or substance addiction)

So why does he need to just sit content with that? May as well take his talent and fame as far as he can, and wring every last dollar out of it and himself while he can, if that's what he wants to do.

Last edited:
So why does he need to just sit content with that? May as well take his talent and fame as far as it will take him, and wring every last dollar out of it and himself while he can, if that's what he wants to do.

Celebrity Big Brother or Dancing with the stars ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

He can design a new buddy ball!

Much more lol's to be had with the celebrity manager. Next offseason is going to be huge :D

haha, you might be right. We in Sydney land are hoping like hell he's matured and chilled out a bit and we get at least few years out of him. Sure, controversy is good for us up here since almost any news is good news for us media-wise, but just keep kicking straight and running, dont go all party-like-gardy on us. The last thing we need is a cousins shitstorm.

I don't know why they don't make buddy cola bottles in Sydney. Would be bloody good marketing for the afl.

I can see it now, cruising along Bondi in a jeep with Jescinta and Dan Hannebery on a nice sunny day. Buddy swerves to miss a kangaroo, shaken he decides to hop out of the car and is offered his very own Buddy Cola to quench his thirst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought player agents needed some kind of AFLPA accreditation.

Maybe that only applies for contract negotiations? That won't affect Franklin.

Yeah, that would be my guess. It's still got me stuffed why 90% of AFL players even need an agent. Just get a legal firm to represent you for your contract negotiations and then say 'see you in three years' when the ink's dry. Surely that would be cheaper than the 10-12% or whatever that an agent gets. I like Pickering, but I can't imagine someone with his credentials would be such hot property as an agent in the US. Not a lot of ex-players get into that industry, after they retire. Those jobs go to, you know, legal experts.

I'm sure Pickering won't being too upset though. He's made his money. It might be a little bit of a setback for future business, not being able to say he has Buddy in his stable, but plenty more where that came from, including Ablett.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back