LVFNL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair chance the LVFL could become just a Seniors and Reserves Competition in the coming years. Give the Under 18s Comp a go and hopefully it helps but 3rds numbers will continue to be a struggle.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Weekly stab boys-

Bridgewater to beat YCW by 62 points and do it much easier than last time.
Serp should also beat Miti easier than last time 44 points.
Pyramid Hill to smash Calivil 100 points.
Newbridge to beat Inglewood by 130 points. If Ford has a big day he might still be a chance to kick 100 finals included.

Anyone else?

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Weekly stab boys-

Bridgewater to beat YCW by 62 points and do it much easier than last time.
Serp should also beat Miti easier than last time 44 points.
Pyramid Hill to smash Calivil 100 points.
Newbridge to beat Inglewood by 130 points. If Ford has a big day he might still be a chance to kick 100 finals included.

Anyone else?

Any match reports coming out of the weekend boys? YCW had a couple of good ones but were totally raped by Bridgey by 173 points hard to believe they could be so uncompetitive.
Serp looked like they struggled against Miti who have picked their game up a bit, Newbridge had a big win but not a monster win against Inglewood like the first time good to see their Coach Matty Dillon hit the park again and Pyramid belted Calivil as expected.

parrot pedro

Draftee
Oct 1, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Essendon
No coverage in the advertiser, endless crap about where the grand final should be held and how the juniors are stuffed. Is the one horse race nature of the competition making the old LVFL irrelevant?

Claude Critchley

Senior List
Feb 4, 2012
Pall Mall
AFL Club
Carlton
Surely the interest has to dwindle away with the league so one sided. It would be fair and accurate to suggest Bridgy would be 8+ goals better than whoever makes the last day. League must consider points system to even things up or it will cost clubs a fortune more than already to catch up. Least in Calivils golden run, they had games/seasons where they were pushed. Results suggest teams, even those in top 5 have put the cue in the rack for 2014. Pretty fair to say Miti are playing a lot better now and it will be great for the club if they can retain a few but on the flip side Serp are simply makin up numbers and are no closer to the premiership than Mitiamo. Should be fair more dominate through midfield with big Orr. Don't seem to have much game plan from reports out of Janiember Oval. Three beltings isn't a great look for the league..

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surely the interest has to dwindle away with the league so one sided. It would be fair and accurate to suggest Bridgy would be 8+ goals better than whoever makes the last day. League must consider points system to even things up or it will cost clubs a fortune more than already to catch up. Least in Calivils golden run, they had games/seasons where they were pushed. Results suggest teams, even those in top 5 have put the cue in the rack for 2014. Pretty fair to say Miti are playing a lot better now and it will be great for the club if they can retain a few but on the flip side Serp are simply makin up numbers and are no closer to the premiership than Mitiamo. Should be fair more dominate through midfield with big Orr. Don't seem to have much game plan from reports out of Janiember Oval. Three beltings isn't a great look for the league..

Interesting post Claude. Serp are a better chance to win it than Miti for sure because they will play finals. Is Grinton set to be given the nod to Coach Miti again Claude? Or the Club considering their options? Sounds like your in a lot better position than last year so next year might be a year the Club can jump back in the finals.

Claude Critchley

Senior List
Feb 4, 2012
Pall Mall
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting post Claude. Serp are a better chance to win it than Miti for sure because they will play finals. Is Grinton set to be given the nod to Coach Miti again Claude? Or the Club considering their options? Sounds like your in a lot better position than last year so next year might be a year the Club can jump back in the finals.

Ah Fly my bad, I meant any closer this year as there's a clear winner already in my opinion. Not sure on the inside goss up Miti way but if you believe the rumors, he wants it again but the club has told him they will be looking also

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ah Fly my bad, I meant any closer this year as there's a clear winner already in my opinion. Not sure on the inside goss up Miti way but if you believe the rumors, he wants it again but the club has told him they will be looking also

Probably a logical stance by the SuperRoos at this point Claude. Coaching talk will no doubt swing into full in the coming weeks.

Jun 16, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are for the current league leader BnF's for Seniors and Magoos? Lachie Ford, Justin Wilson, Zeb Broadbent, Adam Perri, Zac East, Craig Morris and Adam Parry all are up there for me.

Dont really know who for the Magoos, a few seniors are playing down are obviously up there.

GrassKicker

Rookie
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are for the current league leader BnF's for Seniors and Magoos? Lachie Ford, Justin Wilson, Zeb Broadbent, Adam Perri, Zac East, Craig Morris and Adam Parry all are up there for me.

Dont really know who for the Magoos, a few seniors are playing down are obviously up there.
Adam Perri?????? Justin Wilson??????????? Do you even follow this league or are you just posting names to try and look like you know what you on about? There isn't a Adam Perri but there is a Matthew so I'll put that on down to a typo but suggestin justin wilson will be up there, c'mon now what a you smoking. He has played 4 games which one of them was a 70pt loss. Time for some reaserch pall.

UNKNOWN04

Rookie
Nov 15, 2008
maine event
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Adam Perri?????? Justin Wilson??????????? Do you even follow this league or are you just posting names to try and look like you know what you on about? There isn't a Adam Perri but there is a Matthew so I'll put that on down to a typo but suggestin justin wilson will be up there, c'mon now what a you smoking. He has played 4 games which one of them was a 70pt loss. Time for some reaserch pall.

So who do you tip cobba? If you know it all

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide

Must be banking on him getting the 3 votes each game with an extremely low count!

In terms of the Medal count regular vote getter Gavin James to break through to win one.

Whose everyone like tomorrow?
Pyramid at home can get their noses over the line by 10 points for me against Serp.
Newbridge should be too good for YCW by lets say 55 points.
Marong to be all over Calivil like a cheap suit by 79 points.
Bridgewater to beat Miti by 74 points and that probably wont be that bad an effort by the S/Roos.

GrassKicker

Rookie
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So who do you tip cobba? If you know it all

can you inform me on which part of my post i suggest i know it all??? like i said ill give him the benefit of the doubt with "adam perri", who will poll well but think not enough wins for the superroos will leave him well off the pace, and to suggest wilson is just incomprehensible and just a massive throw away comment. played 4 games 2 of them losses only featured in serps top 3 best once. i never claimed to know it all but i think im in my right to suggest he wouldn't even be in the top 20. parry and broadbent are great suggestions and i dont buy into the 'they'll have to many team mates stealing votes off them". Morris close but umpires love greggy (not quite as much as marong do going by there best each week) so look for him to poll again. Graylin's my darky if you can call him a darky, kicked bags in their close games when they've got over the line. havent seen a newbridge game so cant comment on their players, usualy takes the umpires a few rounds to get to know the new faces in the league and dont usually poll early in the season..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 16, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sorry mate, didn't mean to offend. All the same who do you think is leading in both grades?

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lads, I know there was a lot of negative chat about the finals being played at Marong. The thrust being the surface and facilities being a bit behind some of the other grounds. Heard on the vine the finals are going back to rotation which is the right move. Also heard its Pyramid Hill's turn. They deserve their chance to make a few bucks and host the biggest show in LVFL for the year. My only concern is the surface has a few issues with some clots and divots being a danger. Just an observation and plenty of time to get it finals ready. Lots a space out there and it will mean some open fast footy but that what finals footy should be. I am thinking Andy Collins would have won the medal by the length of the straight save for the collar bone. Now I am thinking the bearded clearance boy for the machine and my smoky is Ford from Newie. The one in front of the sticks.

Last edited:

CRACKA

Rookie
Mar 7, 2010
bendigo
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lads, I know there was a lot of negative chat about the finals being played at Marong. The thrust being the surface and facilities being a bit behind some of the other grounds. Heard on the vine the finals are going back to rotation which is the right move. Also heard its Pyramid Hill's turn. They deserve their chance to make a few bucks and host the biggest show in LVFL for the year. My only concern is the surface has a few issues with some clots and divots being a danger. Just an observation and plenty of time to get it finals ready. Lots a space out there and it will mean some open fast footy but that what finals footy should be. I am thinking Andy Collins would have won the medal by the length of the straight save for the collar bone. Now I am thinking the bearded clearance boy for the machine and my smoky is Ford from Newie. The one in front of the sticks.
Not really much of an issue as the league always holds inspections prior to the game and if there are any issues or concerns they need to be fixed. Quite likely that the big game may not be there anyway. If they go deep into the finals it will be moved in any event.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not really much of an issue as the league always holds inspections prior to the game and if there are any issues or concerns they need to be fixed. Quite likely that the big game may not be there anyway. If they go deep into the finals it will be moved in any event.

I did hear Mitiamo are next in line. If Pyramid dont make and dont host it it would be a stuff up for them. Pyramid no certainty to make the top 3 yet either after Saturday. Serp just starting to get rolling boys? Good result for them on the weekend.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
I did hear Mitiamo are next in line. If Pyramid dont make and dont host it it would be a stuff up for them. Pyramid no certainty to make the top 3 yet either after Saturday. Serp just starting to get rolling boys? Good result for them on the weekend.

Was an interesting round of results I reckon. YCW would certainly have done Pat's head in this season. Have run Pyramid close twice, pushed Bridgey then knock over Newbridge but can't string consistent matches together. I think we are in for an interesting finals series even though everyone thinks it is a one horse race (with good reason however)

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Grand final goes to Mitiamo if Pyramid make it. I believe if Pyramid make the final they should have the say on whether or not they want to host it. I'd image they wouldn't because they would want to watch their own players, but it should be up to them to decide. Why should Pyramid be penalised by not being able to hold the grand final of they want. If its only because the league want a neutral ground then that is irrelevant as they already wanted the grand final played at Marong for 3 years. I say let Pyramid decide.

Frankenfurter

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Grand final goes to Mitiamo if Pyramid make it. I believe if Pyramid make the final they should have the say on whether or not they want to host it. I'd image they wouldn't because they would want to watch their own players, but it should be up to them to decide. Why should Pyramid be penalised by not being able to hold the grand final of they want. If its only because the league want a neutral ground then that is irrelevant as they already wanted the grand final played at Marong for 3 years. I say let Pyramid decide.

A very interesting point. Wasn't it said when marong were to host the grand final home ground advantage didn't
Exist so if marong made it they would still host the game?

If that holds then yes I agree pyramid should retain the grand final.

Not sure that's likely though.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Grand final to be at......oh hang on. Seriously though haven't heard any venues other than the gf chat

They would have to be announced soon you would think.

Fly Tips this week=
Bridgey to beat Pyramid Hill by 100 points, Dogs are struggling a bit atm & Bridgey keep ticking them off.
Serp to beat Marong by 54 points Bears look like they are on the up and would presume their Darwin players would play again looking like Bridgeys biggest challenger.
Newbridge to beat Mitiamo by 6 points. Real Danger game for the Bridge and they have to win to keep top 3 chances flickering.
YCW for two in a row with a 25 point over Inglewood. YCW battle away from home so will need to be on their game.

Claude, Champs let loose with some tips boys.

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
They would have to be announced soon you would think.

Fly Tips this week=
Bridgey to beat Pyramid Hill by 100 points, Dogs are struggling a bit atm & Bridgey keep ticking them off.
Serp to beat Marong by 54 points Bears look like they are on the up and would presume their Darwin players would play again looking like Bridgeys biggest challenger.
Newbridge to beat Mitiamo by 6 points. Real Danger game for the Bridge and they have to win to keep top 3 chances flickering.
YCW for two in a row with a 25 point over Inglewood. YCW battle away from home so will need to be on their game.

Claude, Champs let loose with some tips boys.
Bridgy by how far
Marong to just get over the line by the smallest of margins
Mitiamo to beat Newbridge by 4 goals
YCW to beat the Woods by 9 goals.

Is it worth Serp getting the boys from Darwin, costly exercise you would think, will they make up the 80 points they are behind Bridgy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back