Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your frustrated with the supposed choice of jumper (over wings), but the real outrage should be directed towards the league and Richmond for forcing the home team to change their strip.

Even if you guys hate the home jumper too, a home team should never be the ones that have to alter their playing guernsey.
We hate the home jumper too.

They have this:

richclashrev_mowse.jpg

And we have this:
2012-Away-guernsey300.jpg

Can someone tell what the problem is?
Yes. The people at the club.

I get your frustrated with the supposed choice of jumper (over wings), but the real outrage should be directed towards the league and Richmond for forcing the home team to change their strip.

Even if you guys hate the home jumper too, a home team should never be the ones that have to alter their playing guernsey.
Our beef is with the club's choice of jumper designs and disregard for the traditional wings guernsey. Clash strips is a separate issue. Which I also have a beef with.

When he says "we will fix it" how exactly? We will be wearing the clash tomorrow, it's probably too late to change that, so how will it be fixed?? The only way it will be fixed is if after we win, the players stand around in a big circle and throw all their clash guernseys in massive bon fire and we never see it again.
I get a feeling they may try to make the yellow peril our clash jumper next year? Just a feeling...

Emailed club.

Disgusted that we are wearing white at home

The title pretty much sums my feelings up. The white clash is so bland and horrible in the first place. Having to watch us run out in it occasionally away from home is bad enough.

Having to pay to watch us run out in it on our home ground is unacceptable.

I don't care if you say its the AFL's fault for making us wear white. Surely they would have allowed us to wear our royal blue away jumper if we pushed the issue. We always wear it against them in Melbourne and have no issues.

Some clubs stand up themselves. We meekly cop whatever is given to us. We used to be a proud, strong club both on and off the field. We are now a laughing stock, a basket case in both areas I fear.

We really shouldn't have had this horrible white thing in the first place. That horrible bland white jumper does not represent us. Our almost as bad home tri-panel also does not represent us.

The glorious blue and gold wings that we have won 3 premierships in is the only jumper that we should ever wear now and in the future.

Emailed club.

Disgusted that we are wearing white at home

The title pretty much sums my feelings up. The white clash is so bland and horrible in the first place. Having to watch us run out in it occasionally away from home is bad enough.

Having to pay to watch us run out in it on our home ground is unacceptable.

I don't care if you say its the AFL's fault for making us wear white. Surely they would have allowed us to wear our royal blue away jumper if we pushed the issue. We always wear it against them in Melbourne and have no issues.

Some clubs stand up themselves. We meekly cop whatever is given to us. We used to be a proud, strong club both on and off the field. We are now a laughing stock, a basket case in both areas I fear.

We really shouldn't have had this horrible white thing in the first place. That horrible bland white jumper does not represent us. Our almost as bad home tri-panel also does not represent us.

The glorious blue and gold wings that we have won 3 premierships in is the only jumper that we should ever wear now and in the future.
Here, here and HERE! Give that man a cigar!

To The West Coast Eagles,

I am a 19 year Member and I haven't been as disappointed in the club in it's whole history as when I found out we will be wearing the White clash disgusting piece of rubbish that it is on Friday night. It's

Now I know your going to give me a run down about how the sponsorship on the white jumper is aligned to the home or some other stupid excuse, but as a professional sporting club I am dumbfounded that a new set of Winged, Premiership, Traditional jumpers wasn't made in advance knowing this game would come with the sponsorships switched around.

The clubs Twitter is saying the AFL is forcing us to wear white. Well we are a cashed up club. Mega rich in fact. Just balls up and cop the fine. It's not going to financially cripple us. The best thing is the fans will love seeing the players in Premiership jumper.

Now 1 year ago you ran a survey about the most popular jumpers in our history. Guess what jumper won? The traditional winged jumper. I thought I better remind the hierarchy because it doesn't seem like anything has been acted on.

Yes, thats right all of the winged jumpers beat anything else!

So when this happened all the fans heard was it takes 18 months to 2 years to change it. So why can Brisbane change their jumper to their traditional jumper as of next year when fans demand it yet we cant?

Why are we the West Coast Eagles so adamant at neglecting our history and tradition. Why don't we want to parade in Wings like the Kings of the Big Game of old?

It's a disgrace that it was ever taken away from us.

It's a disgrace nothing is being acted on. If it is and you aren't telling us thats a disgrace too.

It's a disgrace we only ever wear our TRADITIONAL and 3 x PREMIERSHIP jumper in one offs at home.

We the fans deserve answers.

We the fans deserve to see our team play in our TRADITIONAL and 3 x PREMIERSHIP Jumper at home and away.

Regards,

Disgruntled Member

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi FlamingEMBERS,

I’m not going to tell you that we are wearing the jumper for any reason other than the fact that it is a directive from the AFL. And yes, we have told them our position on this and the fact that Melbourne clubs, with a few exceptions, have ignored the request to design a clash guernsey – a white jumper in this instance because even a yellow winged guernsey would not work against Richmond. I know you’re not going to want hear that these things take time because you want immediate action, but unfortunately everything does take time.

I’m not sure if Brisbane had already decided to revert to their traditional guernsey and then miraculously turned out in it, but there are processes that have to be adhered to. There are no short cuts. I can only say that the result of the on-line survey has been presented and discussed at management level, and is still being discussed. Until there is a resolution there is nothing we can provide by way of update. This is slow and tedious, but not everyone agrees. Not everyone agrees with the results of the survey and while a lot of the people behind the “return the wings” campaign are very passionate, there are some who actually like the current strip.

We are also not in the business of recklessly throwing money away by protesting. That will not resolve the matter in the long term. Our Chief Executive will represent the club’s position at the appropriate forum. As a club we are not happy with the outcome regarding tomorrownight’s strip. We have told the AFL our position…again….in the last 24 hours. It is ludicrous that we have to wear the clash guernsey at home, but to wear our blue jumper would also make it difficult for our players and for the television audience to differentiate between the teams.

Regards,

Gary Stocks

'to wear our blue jumper would also make it difficult for our players and for the television audience to differentiate between the teams.'

Oh, turn it up Gary. What a cop out, an excuse tucked away at the end of a supposedly genuine response.

THIS is why nothing happens.

flamingEMBERS , reply with these pictures:

rich-20v-20west-20coast_20120429154304531144-600x400.jpg

Round 5, 2012

192919.jpg

Round 22, 2009

If anything, a full kit of bright royal blue will STAND OUT against a largely navy and white crowd.
The very fact we've never worn the white strip AWAY against Richmond show what a ludicrous statement, and situation, this is.

Oh, turn it up Gary. What a cop out, an excuse tucked away at the end of a supposedly genuine response.

THIS is why nothing happens.

flamingEMBERS , reply with these pictures:

rich-20v-20west-20coast_20120429154304531144-600x400.jpg

Round 5, 2012

192919.jpg

Round 22, 2009

If anything, a full kit of bright royal blue will STAND OUT against a largely navy and white crowd.
The very fact we've never worn the white strip AWAY against Richmond show what a ludicrous statement, and situation, this is.
I think by blue, he meant the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back