AFL Canberra Div3/Div2

Remove this Banner Ad

hadtobe

Senior List
Mar 22, 2009
mawson
AFL Club
Essendon
Not as sinister as you think. Because I wasn't allowed to umpire because of the tribunal on Tuesday I asked the league to send some umpires because at the time we didn't have anyone else. Turns out they sent two out plus used another club umpire from Yass. Jock Hilgrove and his son did the umpiring. The son was very good
Ando did the tribunal proceed ? if so was there any outcome ?

Ando 14

Rookie
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah it was on last night. My mum always taught me not to lie so in my statement I told them I swore at a player after getting constantly abused and I also said to mungo the other umpire that I didn't want to be involved with cheating. He snapped back and said don't call me a fn cheat. Long story short ( 3 hr hearing ) Goulburn umpires and coaches lied their asses off and I got 10 weeks. I represented myself and just told them exactly what I said and unfortunately got the book thrown at me. The tribunal threw out a lot of other stuff that they fabricated but it was all a bit over whelming. I'm not going to appeal but the tribunal are going to follow up on the lies and indescressions of mungo , the trouble making goal umpire and Goulburn coach. The entire motive of the initial complaint was to get the game called as a draw which was never going to happen. Goulburn were beaten by a more disciplined team on the day and it was a case of sour grapes. At least I could leave the tribunal with a clear conscience unlike the other two people attending. If I didn't admit to what I did I would have got off but that's not what my mum taught me
#sourgrapes #truthhurts #karma
If anyone wants to bag me out or abuse , don't bother because I copped enough from Goulburn players coaches and supporters to last a lifetime or at least 10 weeks.

Ando 14

Rookie
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah it was on last night. My mum always taught me not to lie so in my statement I told them I swore at a player after getting constantly abused and I also said to mungo the other umpire that I didn't want to be involved with cheating. He snapped back and said don't call me a fn cheat. Long story short ( 3 hr hearing ) Goulburn umpires and coaches lied their asses off and I got 10 weeks. I represented myself and just told them exactly what I said and unfortunately got the book thrown at me. The tribunal threw out a lot of other stuff that they fabricated but it was all a bit over whelming. I'm not going to appeal but the tribunal are going to follow up on the lies and indescressions of mungo , the trouble making goal umpire and Goulburn coach. The entire motive of the initial complaint was to get the game called as a draw which was never going to happen. Goulburn were beaten by a more disciplined team on the day and it was a case of sour grapes. At least I could leave the tribunal with a clear conscience unlike the other two people attending. If I didn't admit to what I did I would have got off but that's not what my mum taught me
#sourgrapes #truthhurts #karma
If anyone wants to bag me out or abuse , don't bother because I copped enough from Goulburn players coaches and supporters to last a lifetime or at least 10 weeks.

jectz

Team Captain
May 16, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
So what's it all mean Ando, you can't umpire for 10 weeks and that's it or is there more involved?

Ando 14

Rookie
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So what's it all mean Ando, you can't umpire for 10 weeks and that's it or is there more involved?
Yeah 10 weeks for me , but after just trying to help out with umpiring and having this happened I'm not sure if I will return. There will be further investigations and ramifications for the Goulburn field and goal umpire and coach

NovIsBack

Team Captain
Jul 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I hope you can get an umpire fir the rest of the year southcab, pretty sure getting the game called a draw wasn't changing the make up of the finals... If they did request that it's the first I've heard of it and don't agree with that. As for the rest of your rant... I don't know what to say. You really are one of a kind.

jectz

Team Captain
May 16, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Predictions for the flag from everyone?
I'm especially interested to hear who the non rural reps tip and what they think

hadtobe

Senior List
Mar 22, 2009
mawson
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah 10 weeks for me , but after just trying to help out with umpiring and having this happened I'm not sure if I will return. There will be further investigations and ramifications for the Goulburn field and goal umpire and coach
10 weeks long time .Did anyone happen to video the game ? If not and im thinking not how will there be further investigations ?

Plugga28

Debutant
Apr 8, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Predictions for the flag from everyone?
I'm especially interested to hear who the non rural reps tip and what they think

We get to have another look at Yass and Goulburn before season's end, but Coota were definately the most impressive against Ainslie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ando 14

Rookie
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
T
10 weeks long time .Did anyone happen to video the game ? If not and im thinking not how will there be further investigations ?
they weren't concerned about any bias or decisions just hit me hard cos I swore at a player and indirectly accused mungo of being a cheat. The further investigation is from afl Canberra resulting from evidence supplied and the reactions and indescressions from mainly the nutbag goal umpire but also field umpire and coach. They couldn't lay any charges on the night as we didn't file a complaint but realised they were many lies mentioned and some fabrications made up. I call it karma :)

DropPunt12

Debutant
Nov 19, 2011
Here
AFL Club
St Kilda
T
they weren't concerned about any bias or decisions just hit me hard cos I swore at a player and indirectly accused mungo of being a cheat. The further investigation is from afl Canberra resulting from evidence supplied and the reactions and indescressions from mainly the nutbag goal umpire but also field umpire and coach. They couldn't lay any charges on the night as we didn't file a complaint but realised they were many lies mentioned and some fabrications made up. I call it karma :)

I find it strange how you came on here defending yourself about accusations thrown around about you (although noone mentioned your name). However, its fine for you to throw mud other directions and mention names, or nicknames of those you are talking about. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. I have known Mungas having played against him for years and I know him to be committed and passionate about AFL. Hardly think he would seek a so called witch hunt.

You must really hate Goulburn!!!

I definitely think its Coota's year. Seem to have good leadership and have recruited well. I wonder if they pay players cause they have a few handy guys they have recruited. Next few weeks with Yass and Goulburn to come should show where they sit. I would not rule out Yass or Cooma either. Both play a tough brand of footy which will suit finals and with the weather lately it could be a real bonus. I haven't seen Goulburn play since early in the year. They were impressive but have seemed to drop off significantly. Ainslie or Sth Coast I wouldn't think will go too far if they qulaify for 5th but stranger things have happened

3rd Grade Maggy

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
Coota or Yass. I also liked the way Ainslie played earlier in the year - no massive weapons but really well structured. Depending on what happens up top and how they are sitting with guys qualified for finals in both grades I wouldn't rule them out.

Jumpin Jac

Rookie
Jun 26, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Dennis is a good umpire, I've never had any problems with him, I've seen him umpire a fair few games and he goes alright, just calls it how he sees it. No problem with that.
Coota v cooma GF

hadtobe

Senior List
Mar 22, 2009
mawson
AFL Club
Essendon
I find it strange how you came on here defending yourself about accusations thrown around about you (although noone mentioned your name). However, its fine for you to throw mud other directions and mention names, or nicknames of those you are talking about. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. I have known Mungas having played against him for years and I know him to be committed and passionate about AFL. Hardly think he would seek a so called witch hunt.

I definitely think its Coota's year. Seem to have good leadership and have recruited well. I wonder if they pay players cause they have a few handy guys they have recruited. Next few weeks with Yass and Goulburn to come should show where they sit. I would not rule out Yass or Cooma either. Both play a tough brand of footy which will suit finals and with the weather lately it could be a real bonus. I haven't seen Goulburn play since early in the year. They were impressive but have seemed to drop off significantly. Ainslie or Sth Coast I wouldn't think will go too far if they qulaify for 5th but stranger things have happened
T
Ok I have heard enough now ,only one more question are you really Ando ?

Ando 14

Rookie
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Drop punt if you had of read the accusations they were accusing me of you too would be upset. I'm not going to say anymore other than I have a clear conscious. I don't think south coast can make the finals but would be nice to see all the country teams in finals. Sorry canberrans :)

jectz

Team Captain
May 16, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Htb, interested to know why it wouldn't be Ando?
He's on here trying hard to defend himself who else would it be

jectz

Team Captain
May 16, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
While we are on the subject
Mungers great ump. If anything tougher on swans players then other team
Both games with Ando I think he's been fair. Much fairer ump then player ;)
I really think this is all because of the Goulburn Yass rivalry and hopefully it's all gone as quick as it started

Ando 14

Rookie
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I
While we are on the subject
Mungers great ump. If anything tougher on swans players then other team
Both games with Ando I think he's been fair. Much fairer ump then player ;)
I really think this is all because of the Goulburn Yass rivalry and hopefully it's all gone as quick as it started
I have said what I wanted to say and that's the end of it for me. I will let the league sort out the Goulburn part of it. I don't want to elaborate any further. Are you still upset with me jectz for kicking 12 goals against you guys a few years back. It was just a lucky day :)

jectz

Team Captain
May 16, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
I've tried to eradicate that memory and I thought it was 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back