Preview Round 18 Preview: Sydney Swans vs Hawks (Combined match talk and banter thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
View attachment 69785 I was stuck in traffic today and saw this, from the slash marks it looks like some Hawks fans might still be a little upset..

Indeed. They will boo mightily.

Unfortunately, Buddy is one of those players who actually improves when the crowd has a go at them - as Hawks fans should well know. So boo away I say. :D

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
The Sydney BF crew will be meeting up at the Alexandria Hotel to watch this game, PM for details.

Melbourne BF crew, get your act together!

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
The Sydney BF crew will be meeting up at the Alexandria Hotel to watch this game, PM for details.

Melbourne BF crew, get your act together!

Sorry but some of us will be in the MCC Members and can't do a meet up this time around. But I'm sure some will head to the Cricketer Arms and will post if that is the case:D

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Good lol, less stress this week. Barely watch many Bombers games anyway as my main focus this year apart from my work, is my sister. She is happy when her team (Swans) win.
Always enjoy your contributions bombersno1 but I fear for your state of mind during the match scheduled at the SCG on Friday 1st August.

Always enjoy your contributions bombersno1 but I fear for your state of mind during the match scheduled at the SCG on Friday 1st August.

Believe me I'll be going for Sydney, when I'm with my sister I try and make her happy. It will be weird though as I usually boo the opposition. Then again my sister never does because as she says 'even though they are opposition they give their best for us'

Only on 3AW.

Worse still is we are going to have to hear BT constantly talk about McEvoy's penis for the entire coverage. That shag McEvoy gave BT years ago must have really left an impression on him.

The Big Boy...not sure what is worse though Bruce and his under the table action of Cyril's almost possessions or BT and the Big Boy!

May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Believe me I'll be going for Sydney, when I'm with my sister I try and make her happy. It will be weird though as I usually boo the opposition. Then again my sister never does because as she says 'even though they are opposition they give their best for us'
You and your sister sound like great people man.

You and your sister sound like great people man.

We try and always have brought her up to be grateful of what you have, and to treat each day as gold. Her illness has just re-enforced that, she never complains, in fact she hates people asking her about it. Her passion is her Swans, she cares more about the Swans injuries than her own illness. Thankfully she is getting better and has her last clearance in late November and she is on the road to full recovery.

May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
We try and always have brought her up to be grateful of what you have, and to treat each day as gold. Her illness has just re-enforced that, she never complains, in fact she hates people asking her about it. Her passion is her Swans, she cares more about the Swans injuries than her own illness. Thankfully she is getting better and has her last clearance in late November and she is on the road to full recovery.
Would love more people like you on these forums mate, back to the game, how many swannies supporters do you think will be there? Dawks board reckon about 15k, if weather holds up I'm thinking we'll see a fair bit of red and white.

Would love more people like you on these forums mate, back to the game, how many swannies supporters do you think will be there? Dawks board reckon about 15k, if weather holds up I'm thinking we'll see a fair bit of red and white.

Well I'm not sure but there is usually 15-20k at Ethiad matches, so lets assume they all come and being Saturday night (THE PRIME TIMESLOT) would help families. I always find Friday as the worst day for everyone. At least Saturday, you can recover after a long week and if needed recover Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more than 15k. Should be an 70-80k crowd, the MCC members will be full!

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
I'm ok with towers getting another go, even as sub. I think we've all seen enough of BJ that he can be a part of the team going forward, and Towers is yet to show alot. Tippet is massive for us, and with him in, I see us winning by 5..

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Lost Gibson, Rioli, Mitchell for 10 weeks.

Sewell has missed 7 weeks.

McEvoy has missed 6 weeks.

Spanger has missed 8 weeks.

Stratton has missed 6 weeks.

Lake has only played about 5 games.

Plus a lot of backup players have had injuries. Hallahan, Woodward, Langford.

Not to mention Anderson, Whitecross out for entire season

Yet the Hawks sit 2nd on the ladder, I would think this demonstrates fantastic depth.

Depth is all relative.

Tippet 11 games
McGlynn 3 games
Shaw 3 games
Bird 2 games
Johnson 16 games (out for another season)
Mitchell x-tple games but even with the NEAFL record he can't break into the team
Goodes 5 games
Hannerbery 4 games
Jones several games missed due to concussion, possible recall
Pyke 5 games
Derrickxxxckx x-tple games but can't break into the team

and a bunch of others, including a few 2012 premiership players.

All of these have been out for multiple weeks yet we still have the 2012 Norm Smith medallist and dual premiership players stuck in the reserves. This 'dude' was indeed being serious. We're sitting on top of the heap and no-one's talking about the Swan's injuries, let alone using it as an excuse. Yet here you are, some dawks supporter/apologist trying to perpetuate the same lame excuses on the Swan's board. Sorry, it won't wash. All teams have injuries. You got lucky with injuries last year and now you're being tested. As for Lake, the Boston strangler is out through no-one's fault but his own. No sympathy there.

ps, check that ladder position again and you'll find the Hawks are not 2nd but 3rd, behind your arch nemesis Geelong.

Last edited:
need more intraclub games so we get a challenge

Cage match BJ and Towers .... whoever walks out alive gets the red vest.

If that isn't incentive I don't know what else could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back