List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the dislike post button... :thumbsdown:

1. Danger would have no interest going to GWS - none, nix.
2. Danger has made it clear he want success. IMO he will stay as that type of guy (no Tippett or Gunston), but if he were to move it would be home to Geelong.
3. Danger still has 1.5 years of his contract left, yet the paranoia panic on this board wanting him to sign now. IMO, he will re-sign with us long-term within the next 6 months - there is no rush as he is not in the last year of his contract.

You just don't trade players like Dangerfield who are a key fabric of the club as it causes massive collateral damage.
Danger himself will trash the fabric of the club if he drags it through what WILL be the biggest FA story the game has seen, by keeping his FA options open. It will totally derail the season if he continues to put talks on hold.

If he's set on staying then save the club he supposedly loves and do it not later than the commencement of trade week.

Danger himself will trash the fabric of the club if he drags it through what WILL be the biggest FA story the game has seen, by keeping his FA options open. It will totally derail the season if he continues to put talks on hold.

If he's set on staying then save the club he supposedly loves and do it not later than the commencement of trade week.

If he wants to leave, I hope he tells the club this and they then arrange a trade.

If he is going to stay, I hope he finalised his deal this side of christmas. It will be very disrespectful to the club and playing group to drag it out for the entire 2015 pre season and then potentially disrupt the season with the 'will hew, won't he' speculation.

Well he is out of contract isn't he? So you could put a bit of a squeeze on them. I just can't think of anyone who would have the currency when bundled with a top 10 pick who would also want to move there.

Just from a working environment perspective...I reckon he'd rather work in a forward line with the likes of Tex and JJ going forward than one where he'll be the sole target getting double teamed week in week out. That would be a colossal attack in years to come, right up there with Sydney, Hawks etc. Probably better.

He will sign within 6 months - well before his contract expires ... & we will wonder what all the fuss is about!

Well he is out of contract isn't he? So you could put a bit of a squeeze on them. I just can't think of anyone who would have the currency when bundled with a top 10 pick who would also want to move there.

Just from a working environment perspective...I reckon he'd rather work in a forward line with the likes of Tex and JJ going forward than one where he'll be the sole target getting double teamed week in week out. That would be a colossal attack in years to come, right up there with Sydney, Hawks etc. Probably better.
Would probably need to send a decent player(s) to another club(s) for either a pick & package with our 1st rounder. Doubt it would be a straight 2 club deal should Cameron want to come to the Crows.

Nope, Cameron is signed for next year

except hes actually going to be in a forward line with patton and boyd!

Nope, Cameron is signed for next year

Ah yep, right you are Froggy. Contracted for next year but he's put contract negotiations on hold. I knew there was something going on. Still, no chance if he's contracted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

except hes actually going to be in a forward line with patton and boyd!

Exactly, he'll be working in a forward line with two colossus #1 draft picks.

Although having said that, I reckon they'd be better served trading Boyd to shore up their defense/midfield. Boyd and Patton are too similar, plus I reckon Thomlinson would work better with Patton and Cameron.

Credit to Combathorse for this quote from reddit regarding Cameron.

It was posted in the Rendell thread but I think it should be here. Interesting theory.

If this is true, my conspiracy theory is that the deal was done this weekend, getting the deal done meant Trigg felt he could finish up, he alluded in the 5aa interview he was approached by carlton months ago but only made the decision recently, why now, why not at the end of the year? As /u/palmywarrior said above the deal makers were seen in sydney this weekend. Today Cameron announced he will not play for the rest of the year and will begin rehab on his ankle, coincidence? If i was an Adelaide deal maker and was offering Cameron a big sum of money for the next year and knew he was playing injured I would say "if you want this much money, then we need you to stop playing injured and begin rehab, we can't have you making the injury worse and missing your first pre-season at your new club"

Given that it's well known Carlton want a key forward it would be a major breach of confidence if Trigg had spent the last few weeks/months working to get a deal done to get Cameron to go to adelaide and then go to carlton and work on trying to get Cameron to Carlton, and there would most likely be clauses in his contract with Adelaide to stop that type of thing happening. So deal done, Trigg has ticked off his last box at Adelaide and might as well leave now, rather than start some new projects that he won't get to finish.

Contracts with players aren't allowed to be signed mid season but through a loophole legal agreements can be made with player managers.

EDIT: on AFL360 they said Cameron injured himself pre-season and has played injured all year, but only decided this week not to play injured anymore, again i say "coincidence?"

I mean if there was something worthwhile I'd be open to trading Jaensch but he's a sweet kick, which is ground unicorn horn for us. He's become really solid in his role. I wonder how much Bernie's absence has contributed to Jaensch growing up a bit. I would be shopping Otten and Lyons before Jaensch.

I mean if there was something worthwhile I'd be open to trading Jaensch but he's a sweet kick, which is ground unicorn horn for us. He's become really solid in his role. I wonder how much Bernie's absence has contributed to Jaensch growing up a bit. I would be shopping Otten and Lyons before Jaensch.
Well wouldn't it be lovely to get something for what we don't really want or can accommodate rather then something that has visible value right now.
Jaensch could possibly be in the top 100 performers across the comp this season, Otten would struggle to scrape in the top 500 and I feel he is too slow for his position and Lyons can't get on the park.
We hang on to Jaensch and the same situation as Reilly occurs with his form we are left holding the bag again.

Bobbafett says it's overs
Trade lynch? :eek::eek::eek::eek::cry::cry::cry::mad::mad:

But seriously, for Cameron, i think he is overrated. He's had one good season, he isn't buddy.

To get him, sloane or smith would have to leave. Dangerfield would be overs

Whether his career amounts to more long term or not, Dangerfield currently has more value than Cameron.

But not by much - and the debate around it is why you never see superstars traded for one another.

Of course this is all just wild speculation but I am not convinced that Dangerfield is the 'heart and soul' of the club. He gives it everything on the field, but I am not convinced other players feel about him like they do about say Tex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back