QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

All banter aside, there appears to have been a topbilling game that has gone by largely un mentioned....
Match report for Swans v Roosters...anyone?
Appears a reasonable contest 1st half then Pine smoked them.... Griffith finished very strongly to go down by 14.. Is it 1-1 in the Flower v Colvin shootouts?

If this is suppose to be me. You should research more mate. Where was "big red" on the weekend? And if you want to try use real names what is yours?

Banana man seems quiet after Logan getting smashed in both grades.
Sorry spades I was ******* at the "bell" on sat night. Hence the bad spelling. It was a great night . You would of smashed big red if he was playing ;) I need to stay off here when I'm drinking!

All banter aside, there appears to have been a topbilling game that has gone by largely un mentioned....
Match report for Swans v Roosters...anyone?
Appears a reasonable contest 1st half then Pine smoked them.... Griffith finished very strongly to go down by 14.. Is it 1-1 in the Flower v Colvin shootouts?

Speaking to a mate at the Roosters, he said it was a cracking game of football to be involved in.

Also word on the street is Pine rivers did their home work for this game.

Speaking to a mate at the Roosters, he said it was a cracking game of football to be involved in.

Also word on the street is Pine rivers did their home work for this game.

Hardly surprising, the coach of swans coached div 1 for 4 years, finals most years, so you would assume they would have a good set up.

I think redcliffe are the team to beat but still. I've watched them 4 times and they look hard to beat

Hardly surprising, the coach of swans coached div 1 for 4 years, finals most years, so you would assume they would have a good set up.

I think redcliffe are the team to beat but still. I've watched them 4 times and they look hard to beat

You would know more than me mate. Seems like it will be a cracking finals series.

If this is suppose to be me. You should research more mate. Where was "big red" on the weekend? And if you want to try use real names what is yours?

Banana man seems quiet after Logan getting smashed in both grades.

big red' did his acl is round 8

Hi all,

My tips for this weekend are

Pine Rivers by 8+ goals.... Beenleigh will have a crack but Pine Rivers will hold strong and run out convincing winners
Carrara in a close one... Ipswich inconsistency will cost them in this match...feel an upset brewing here
Griffith Moorooka by 6+ goals... top spot on the line for Moorooka so they will not let this one slip
Redcliffe by 4+ goals... will be close but Redcliffe will have all the answers... also motivated to finish a top of the ladder

Shaping up to be an epic finals series!

Good luck to all on the weekend!

Ipswich to eat Carrara by 3 goals
Pine rivers the beat beenleigh by 70
Griffith to bounce back against the most defensive side since terry Wallace put 14 playersin defence against Essendon in 99 by 80 points
Redcliffe to win against UQ by 40.

Anyone think the top 5 will change? Swans redcliffe next week could be the only one which could go either way and see 1st change. Is Griffith hosting a final if they qualify for one? Tough ground to fence up to make sure everyone pays to get in!

Ipswich to eat Carrara by 3 goals
Pine rivers the beat beenleigh by 70
Griffith to bounce back against the most defensive side since terry Wallace put 14 playersin defence against Essendon in 99 by 80 points
Redcliffe to win against UQ by 40.

Anyone think the top 5 will change? Swans redcliffe next week could be the only one which could go either way and see 1st change. Is Griffith hosting a final if they qualify for one? Tough ground to fence up to make sure everyone pays to get in!

Almost certain Griffith will host a final as they haven't been there for a fair few years and wouldn't give up the home ground advantage I wouldn't think . No chance of any suprise results this week except I think Ipswich will beat Carrara . Let's just hope there is no injuries in the 2 rounds before finals . Good luck to all

Griffith came out on top by a point today and should count themselves lucky. They were behind pretty much all day and they came from 20 points down at 3 quarter time and were definitely helped out by some umpiring decisions. I don't want to be one of those who credits something to an umpire mistake because GM definitely did lift for the final quarter, however their were some very questionable decisions in the final quarter including two that resulted in GM goals - one of those being an extremely soft decision of too high to put them in front.

Players at Logan should hold their heads high, and if they only played like this all season long their ladder position and certain circumstances could be different because while GM weren't at their best a lot of that was to do with the way the Cobbies came out to play. It was a cracking game to watch though.

Griffith came out on top by a point today and should count themselves lucky. They were behind pretty much all day and they came from 20 points down at 3 quarter time and were definitely helped out by some umpiring decisions. I don't want to be one of those who credits something to an umpire mistake because GM definitely did lift for the final quarter, however their were some very questionable decisions in the final quarter including two that resulted in GM goals - one of those being an extremely soft decision of too high to put them in front.

Players at Logan should hold their heads high, and if they only played like this all season long their ladder position and certain circumstances could be different because while GM weren't at their best a lot of that was to do with the way the Cobbies came out to play. It was a cracking game to watch though.
Agree with your post mate as I was at the game , Logan can thank there lucky stars the roosters only played 10 good minutes of footy all day in that ten minute in the last qtr they were scary still think the roosters will play deep what r your thoughts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the roosters start training in October? If so, is the long preparation catching up with them? Redcliffe keep rolling on, how bad is the injury to the red haired fella in the middle. Went off with a shoulder I believe that was pretty bad? The swans have won a heap in a row now, is any one going to take them seriously, the only talk is generally Griffith or redcliffe. Surely the premiers will come out of that 3? Ipswich and uni seem to up and down. Does Boucher still play for swans, is he any chance of coming back this year? Would be handy.

25 August at the Gabba for awards... Results this wknd will determine games obviously but too many variables to even guess!! Roosters vs Tigers GF...

Anyone know when the preso night is? And what are yous thinking on finals? Whos playing who and where?

UQ host Ipswich for elimination match and Ipswich ressies also playing against Carrara at the venue (assuming UQ request to host)
Redcliffe or Griffith to host Pine Rivers and Pine Rivers ressies to play Redcliffe.

Agree with your post mate as I was at the game , Logan can thank there lucky stars the roosters only played 10 good minutes of footy all day in that ten minute in the last qtr they were scary still think the roosters will play deep what r your thoughts

Roosters will still go deep, especially with these last two matches that should be a wake up call to them. As you said, while I believe they had some lucky decisions that 10 minutes was great footy and will hurt some teams

Roosters will still go deep, especially with these last two matches that should be a wake up call to them. As you said, while I believe they had some lucky decisions that 10 minutes was great footy and will hurt some teams[/

Roosters vs pine rivers grand final

UQ vs redcliffe reserves grand final

Apparently Logan were very easy to read on the weekend constently kicking to the same person on kick outs, also aiming for I got told #41 I think it's fletcher along the wings who apparently got tagged. Have watched him before has a bright future if he decides to continue. him and #7 Jordy would be a good match up to watch I do believe but won't happen this year

Fletcher is a gun ! Would be good in any side hard at it and great mark . Logan played some really good footy and had some genuine ball winners . From both times we've played them I find it hard to believe they haven't won more games ! #7 jordy should win the league medal he's a jet,

My pick is roosters v swans gf

Apparently Logan were very easy to read on the weekend constently kicking to the same person on kick outs, also aiming for I got told #41 I think it's fletcher along the wings who apparently got tagged. Have watched him before has a bright future if he decides to continue. him and #7 Jordy would be a good match up to watch I do believe but won't happen this year
If Logan were easy to read ,why did it take a premiership fancy so long to get on top ? Might be easy to see what an opposition are doing but harder to actually do something about it

If Logan were easy to read ,why did it take a premiership fancy so long to get on top ? Might be easy to see what an opposition are doing but harder to actually do something about it

Did the cobras win the game at the end of the day? So who cares how u good number 41 is or how good the cobras they lost so who cares.

Mate, I'm telling the truth I'm 59.
Mind you at, this level of football I reckon with little training, I could play ressies (maybe ones in the Buffs team though!).
Seriously I'm too old to play with anyone other than Beenleigh.
You could train all year and still would not get a game in the u8s at any club .You need to be loyal to play footy not sure people know where your loyalties are in footy .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back