Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who just kicked 6 goals the other night, including 4 in a quarter...Come on guys, Hendo can't keep changing positions like Jarrad Waite use to.
Was just speculating :p

I think what the last pages have shown us is that whoever we trade for Boyd will be missed. It's just a matter of minimising it hopefully. You can't get a player like Boyd without feeling it.

Who is MS3 and why does everyone seem to believe what he says
Some say he lives in the air con ducts of the Visy Park boardroom and can only taste colours.

Some say he once tore a goat in half, and that he is now regretting buying his new holiday home in downtown Cairo. All we know is he’s called MS3

Last edited:
I think he can go on for another few years. Hopefully when he does hang up the boots we will be ready to take the next step and be able to attract a gun KPF through free agency. It doesn't all have to be done via development IMO, there's a FA market out there, let's use it to our advantage.

Moved alright last Friday for a 31 year old. Looked like he was in his early twenties with that end to end run (through the centre Thy) late in the 4th.
Just goes to show what he can produce when fit and in the right frame of mind.

Taking Into account what ms3 told us, here are a few of my thoughts.

Out of the 3 mentioned as trade bait, my least preferred would be Casboult as he is imo too important for our structure. That is if he is playing 3rd tall and relieving ruck, it forces the opposition to play their 3rd tall on he or Henderson (not for trade). Having 3 big guys up forward seems to be the trend atm, with tall players getting taller and more skilled it means we don't get monstered in fact quite the opposite:-D And as others have pointed out we need to add more talls to our list, trading Cas would be counter productive especially since he's one we've developed ourselves.
Walker is an interesting topic, many are saying that GWS wouldn't want/have no need for him, but I disagree. It wasn't so long ago that Walks almost left us because he wasn't happy with the positions he was being played. After re committing he went forward and kicked 50 odd goals, took some speckies and covered a lot of territory rotating through the midfield. Imo and many others his best year to date, and really should have been AA and mark of the year. Now Mick has played him backin defense and he's struggling. ..you'd think we'd have learned from previous years. So I could see them taking Walker as a forward, that can rotate through the midfield.
Garlett just wouldn't be enough to deal with Gws and I couldn't possibly see him agreeing to move to Sydney, maybe we could trade him to Freo or Weagles for an early 3rd round draft pick?
Others not mentioned(ruled out) by ms3 that could possibly get Boyd would be Kruez and Warnock. I am positive that we would never trade someone like Kruez who is such a heart and soul player. On the other hand, if somehow Gws wanted Robbie, we should take it and run.
So here's hoping that we can somehow get Boyd on the cheap without having to sell the farm, my preference would be to trade Walker as he is the easiest to replace other than Garlet or Warnock but they won't want them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rapts on Boyd are massive.

Only way we'd get Boyd "cheap" is if we finish last next year, he doesn't agree to another GWS contract, and he falls to us in trade period

Other than that, we'd be extremely luck to get him for our first two round draft picks, plus, say a Walker. That's if we're lucky, and only because GWS are looking for experience.

More likely first round pick, and a top shelf player which we don't have many of (say at least one of our top 5 or 6 players), and perhaps even some steak knives like a Warnock on top of that.

And Casboult is no substitute for Boyd, not even close - Casboult's come a long way this year, but he's still a fair way from being able to hold down a forward line.

Reckon, though, if the chance to get Boyd is there we should go for it.

MS3 mentioned there were two key priorities for the club, Boyd was one of them, wondering what the other was, what position that would be? Thinking maybe another full back to eventually replace Jamo, or perhaps a top shelf running midfielder

The rapts on Boyd are massive.

Only way we'd get Boyd "cheap" is if we finish last next year, he doesn't agree to another GWS contract, and he falls to us in trade period

Other than that, we'd be extremely luck to get him for our first two round draft picks, plus, say a Walker. That's if we're lucky, and only because GWS are looking for experience.

More likely first round pick, and a top shelf player which we don't have many of (say at least one of our top 5 or 6 players), and perhaps even some steak knives like a Warnock on top of that.
Theres two sides to it. GWS wont want to trade their Pick 1 from last year one year after his contract - but if we get in Boyd's ear about money and the lure of playing for the team he always wanted to (his dream), then he could tell GWS to make a deal this year - or he will walk next year.

Therefore GWS would lose him for nothing - assuming Carlton can trade for the first pick in the PSD (which some clubs may be prepared to do if they dont know that Boyd is available).

At the end of the day - there is such a thing as a fair deal. GWS dont need as many KPF's as they have, and if they can get another high pick (top 5) on top of their own pick which will also be top 5...AND get a good player out of us that complements their side (both in experience and position), then the deal might be fair.

Yarran + 6 for Boyd is probably an even deal if we all took off our love for Yarran goggles.

It would certainly be paying top dollar. But we have been craving a big key forward gun for a long time. Boyd and Levi would be fantastic and hendo is as good as any chb.

That being said we'd be doing everything we could to use walker instead of yaz in the deal.

Yarran + 6 for Boyd is probably an even deal if we all took off our love for Yarran goggles.

It would certainly be paying top dollar. But we have been craving a big key forward gun for a long time. Boyd and Levi would be fantastic and hendo is as good as any chb.

That being said we'd be doing everything we could to use walker instead of yaz in the deal.

Not sure K. Pick 6 in any draft is a damn good pick. Is Yarran only a 5 pick upgrade really?
If it's going to cost that much, I would be pretty dirty with the club if we did that.
If that was the only thing deal they wanted, I would much prefer to go to the draft and try our luck on one of the talls in this years draft or a mid. Really, they would only be 1 year of development behind Boyd.
As much as I want him to be in the navy blue in 2015, giving up one of our best and pick 6 will only stunt our growth.
We need to add more class, not less.
I can't see Mick allowing this trade to happen.
Mick would have his top 8 or so and won't budge on allowing them to leave.
Letting Yaz go will greatly put us further behind for the next few years and Mick is all about improving our list, not just drawing even.
2 for 1 (very good players) doesn't make sense in a team that is lacking quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back