James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's an interesting one though, do they actually need him? Frost, Keefe and Brown all look capable for me. Then you have the swingman in Ried. I'd be spending the money on the midfield. Pies have a few A graders in there but there's not enough solid B graders in there to provide consistency.

You never no with Frawley, the money and terms chatter might be a smokescreen just to get to Collingwood.

One would think that if Frawley is to come then one of Keeffe, Frost or Brown will be on the trade table.

If we can get Freeman and Scharenberg out the injury room they are both been set for midfield duties by Buckley and Hine, so should bolster that area for us.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
And what do you think you will get for them?

Hard to say really. Depends on how desperate teams are for a reliable experienced premiership FB like a Brown when not injured.

Prefer to keep Brown but he would hold the most value and GWS would seem a good fit with excess talent in the 2s and a big need for an experienced KB. Keeffe has had the Northern clubs sniffing already and might be player swap (GC) or 2nd rounder (Brions).

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
So Lynch moves on and Frawley gets those funds

Can we have an investigation into the Pies salary cap. They don't have COLA but continually sign high priced free agents :rolleyes:

We have moved on Jolly, Didak, D.Thomas, Shaw, Dawes, Wellingham, Davis and Wood over the last 2 years with Maxwell, Lynch, Hudson as definite to go this year and a 50/50 L.Ball.

Conversely we have only bought in Lynch, White, Young, Armstrong, Adams, Hudson and a raft of picks. None of which command big coin.

That is a massive amount of Cap space free, would have room for Frawley and then some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
So Lynch moves on and Frawley gets those funds

Can we have an investigation into the Pies salary cap. They don't have COLA but continually sign high priced free agents :rolleyes:
I actually hope they do sign him as I don't believe they are good enough to win a flag any time soon and his fat contract will completely stuff up their salary cap. If he does sign I hope all non Eddie McGuire whores start calling for the death of Free Agency and how it's "compromising the fairness of the competition".
Yeah, because we haven't lost anyone to free agency :drunk:

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just can’t see why we be so close to the Salary Cap with us losing so many stars.

Where we over the Salary Cap then?
Overpaying average players obviously if Collingwood are close the the salary cap
How much did you pay for Clinton Young, Jesse White and Taylor Adams to swap clubs?

Overpaying average players obviously if Collingwood are close the the salary cap
How much did you pay for Clinton Young, Jesse White and Taylor Adams to swap clubs?

Young and White I have no Idea.

Adams was 350-400l but had to pay Extra for him to make sure we got him. He is a long term prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back