Preview Hawks vs $wans - Changes & Discussion. Light refreshments and Cola being served.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having had a look at the Swans side on paper, the media can't be serious with the calls about how good the Swans side is. There are some blokes I have never heard of - Towers? Lloyd? Laidler? Rohan? Cunningham?
Talk about blowing smoke. Wow. And that defence on the MCG - I can see us causing some serious damage. Rampe? Is that the bloke Jed clearly out marked at the top of square in last year's final? Yeah we could make a mess of it no doubt.

Having had a look at the Swans side on paper, the media can't be serious with the calls about how good the Swans side is. There are some blokes I have never heard of - Towers? Lloyd? Laidler? Rohan? Cunningham?
Talk about blowing smoke. Wow. And that defence on the MCG - I can see us causing some serious damage. Rampe? Is that the bloke Jed clearly out marked at the top of square in last year's final? Yeah we could make a mess of it no doubt.
Underestimate them at your own peril. Cunningham is playing some good footy, having a definite breakout season. Laidler is alot better than you are giving him credit for and Rohan can cause trouble on his day. Its going to be a close hard match

Rampe has had an excellent season and Cunningham is coming along nicely. Sydney are a good side - "seriously good" is pushing it. It's going to be a tough game and we will really need our mids to stand up and our forward line to function and to kick bloody straight. If this happens it takes the pressure off the defence - simple really :rolleyes:

Hill and Anderson both debuted in big games against the Cats in successive years. Litherland in a big Friday night game against Essendon in round 2.
Yep its clear he would rather debut them in the bigger games. Better to do that and show them how hard they have to work to play well, rather than come in and play in an easy win. I definitely like that.

You would have to think that someone in the backline who doesn't normally play tall will have to on satday night, I would have gone for Lithers but with Duryea out he will take Mcglynn or Cunningham i believe instead. Stratts will go to either Reid or Goodes imo, the smoky in the pack is Hodgey which is probably why Woodward is playing, to cover for Hodge going back. If he goes back it will be a certainty he will go to Goodes. The issue with that is it robs us a bit of flexibility as we will need him in the middle during the match, the offset of that is we could throw Burger back in a direct swap. I think Longmire will regret going in too tall if we break even in the middle at least, they wont get enough ball to win them the game imo.

The way the media is going is that they have the best player in the league in every position i think that is the point this post is trying to make.... anyways we are winning on Saturday night

On a side note Pickering was dumped by Franklin as his manager.

Lol the way I see it karma still has some work to do (Hawthorn Premiership 2014) but this made me smile!!
Well pickering has done buddy's final footy contract. Next agent needs to specialize in b list celebrity things. So this move makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes i agree completely with you , these players have looked good because sydney have been belting teams at home , don't think any of them have been under as much heat as they will be a sat night, i think there bottom 6 are a lot weaker then ours maybe I'm biased but after woodward, langford, simpkin and litherland (who internally we know he is been great but not many people no of him ) i struggle to name 2 more

I'm hoping that unlike the game in Sydney, we start well. To state the obvious, the last thing we need is to get a few goals behind early on. I wish I were more confident, but I think the loss of Lake will screw us over sadly. I can only imagine the circle jerk should Sydney win.

Underestimate them at your own peril. Cunningham is playing some good footy, having a definite breakout season. Laidler is alot better than you are giving him credit for and Rohan can cause trouble on his day. Its going to be a close hard match
The descriptions I have heard about them are not supported by the side that is on the park. Irrespective of how many games those predominantly first year players may have played well in.

Well cant wait for tom. Have taken sportsbet's $2.05 for a hawks win and had a little flutter on the Hawks 40+ ($7.40). That would just be a bonus.

As long as the hawks win Im having a good weekend.

Hmmm should we be worried? You said that against North and then jumped off us last game... So I gather you are back on the B2B bandwagon then?
The lineups have sealed it.

To be safe, take 15.5 overs everyone. Ill be going both.

THE HOUSE IS ON THIS MATCH

Hawks opened at $2.10, out to $2.15 at one stage, now into $1.85 at the TAB

SHAKESPEARE must have unloaded his loose change on the Mighty Fightings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back