Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about you start posting in a format that people can bloody well read and understand then....

Use a comma or a full stop etc every once in a while !!!!;)
I have been advised that punctuation is for Melbourne supporters. I'm thinking of adding it as a sig line as a Public Service Announcement. ;):p

Its not a terrible offer. If I was GWS list manager (some bloke I've never heard of.... :D) I'd only consider it once I knew exactly how many draft picks I wanted to take in the ND.

GWS have a maximum of 48 players (senior) next year - they have 46 now. Including list changes, I would guess they'll be looking to make four, maybe five live picks at the draft. So they could certainly use Pick 6 (roughly).

But I suspect they'd want to shed some of their later picks in return for another senior player or two as well.

Where I think your proposal is likely to fall down, I would guess that several other clubs would be willing to offer more.

I could see St Kilda offering up its first pick and a player for Boyd for example.
One thing in our favour here is that the good mail says for Boyd, it's either GWS or Carlton. So, provided we are offering a reasonable trade and not being dicks, it doesn't matter what other sides offer. GWS can still reject any offers, but Boyd will either move to Carlton or stay.

thought this was a blues fan forum, not a spelling bee..., the amount of people that occassionally get downed for their spelling on here is ridiculous

I don't have an issue with your spell, although it may make for a better read.
I just thank god you aren't at our club giving away our best players + pick 6 for unproven talent
I just wish you would open your eyes and not get caught up in the hype.
Boyd will most likely be a gun, but 2 guns are better than 1.
If we let Yaz or one of your mentioned go plus pick 6 for Boyd who probably has a few more years to go to even be at Casboult's 2014 standard, 2015 will be hurt x 100

Its not a terrible offer. If I was GWS list manager (some bloke I've never heard of.... :D) I'd only consider it once I knew exactly how many draft picks I wanted to take in the ND.

GWS have a maximum of 48 players (senior) next year - they have 46 now. Including list changes, I would guess they'll be looking to make four, maybe five live picks at the draft. So they could certainly use Pick 6 (roughly).

But I suspect they'd want to shed some of their later picks in return for another senior player or two as well.

Where I think your proposal is likely to fall down, I would guess that several other clubs would be willing to offer more.

I could see St Kilda offering up its first pick and a player for Boyd for example.
Doesn't matter. For Boyd it's us or GWS. Doesn't matter what other clubs offer.

thought this was a blues fan forum, not a spelling bee..., the amount of people that occassionally get downed for their spelling on here is ridiculous
It happens AV2, but if it's the worst thing to happen to you today...

Best thing is just to let little things like that go and get back on topic :thumbsu:

I don't have an issue with your spell, although it may make for a better read.
I just thank god you aren't at our club giving away our best players + pick 6 for unproven talent
I just wish you would open your eyes and not get caught up in the hype.
Boyd will most likely be a gun, but 2 guns are better than 1.
If we let Yaz or one of your mentioned go plus pick 6 for Boyd who probably has a few more years to go to even be at Casboult's 2014 standard, 2015 will be hurt x 100
i just wish you would be realistic. As i said, lets just cut the crap and wait if a deal is done, when it is done lets see who has the last laugh, if not then we shall never know.

happy?
cool. so am i

Would the Swans want Warnock? Could see their midfield feasting off his tap work.

Could also see Walker slotting in with Shaw at the end of his career and Nick Mal a FA that could land them a decent pick if they let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sooo walker + 6 for Boyd it is?

I'm just trying to help out a new poster. Get smart with me again and I'll squash you.
okay my apologies, the way i saw it was, you try to help out new poster, whilst others are digging heels in but no mention of that?
if thats the way to "help" then i totally didnt see it, but thank you all the same, appreciated.

Not really concerned about the spelling to be truthful but when you type the following and in the format in which you have chosen to do so, it is bloody hard to determine what you are suggesting accurately.

It would take a gibbs/yarran/menzel+Cas/hendo+Cas deal plus pick 6 to make it happen. GWS hold cards.

I interpreted the above quote in red as 1 of Gibbs, Yarran or Menzel plus 1 of Casboult or Henderson and pick 6 to secure Boyd.

If I have read that wrong then can you clarify what you would be offering or suggesting from that quote.

HereComesJuddy

Yep Yarran is a once in a generation type IMO. Could very well be the best player in the comp in two years time if he puts it all together. You don't put that much time into players like Yarran and then trade them away. Would be sheer lunacy for a player that is yet to prove himself in the big time. I wouldn't even do that in a straight swap.

Not really concerned about the spelling to be truthful but when you type the following and in the format in which you have chosen to do so, it is bloody hard to determine what you are suggesting accurately.

It would take a gibbs or yarran or menzel+Cas or hendo+Cas deal (all options plus pick 6 to make it happen). GWS hold cards.

I interpreted the above quote in red as 1 of Gibbs, Yarran or Menzel plus 1 of Casboult or Henderson and pick 6 to secure Boyd.

If I have read that wrong then can you clarify what you would be offering or suggesting from that quote.

Whatever happens though we can't put players up for trade and create a Rischatelli/Bradshaw situation where the deal falls through and they ditch us because they're pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back