Roast VFL coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

OK I'll kick it off.

I think we could offer better stats, so from now on we're going to post each week's stats as a PDF that you can download.

Thanks for the stats. I like.
Would love a bit of an insight (maybe a player a month?) on the areas of development or strength of an AFL listed player, (halfway between a Choco vid from last year and Dimma's weekly). Guys like Dea, Batchelor have been off the radar for a while.
Also interviews with the VFL players, development coaches on their specific roles.
Also
Behind the scene stuff - match day prep,
mic on the runner.
1/4 or 3/4 time huddle

Would you listen to a VFL podcast?

It would be a simillar set up as our current one, Talking Tigers, but we'd focus solely on VFL and have a permanent player co-host, and a weekly rotating guest: Coach/Assistant Coach/Player/Physio etc
Probably, but it would need to be more footy focussed

OK I'll kick it off.

I think we could offer better stats, so from now on we're going to post each week's stats as a PDF that you can download.
They were great. SANFL offers that each week for all teams and have always wondered why the VFL don't do it. Seems I couldn't care about the other teams I'm happy with just ours. :p

What's the plan with the broadcasting of games? Will it just be the Punt Road ones? Or are you planning to do away ones as well?

Would you listen to a VFL podcast?

It would be a simillar set up as our current one, Talking Tigers, but we'd focus solely on VFL and have a permanent player co-host, and a weekly rotating guest: Coach/Assistant Coach/Player/Physio etc
Sounds like a great idea. It would be a good way to give more attention to the players trying to break their way into the senior team. :thumbsu:

What's the plan with the broadcasting of games? Will it just be the Punt Road ones? Or are you planning to do away ones as well?

There are major restrictions around what we are allowed to webcast, essentially if it's a Saturday game we can't do it. So that doesn't leave us many games, but we'll try to webcast the ones that we can.

There are major restrictions around what we are allowed to webcast, essentially if it's a Saturday game we can't do it. So that doesn't leave us many games, but we'll try to webcast the ones that we can.
Interesting. So even the non-ABC games on Saturday can't be broadcast? Not a big deal. Looking at the fixture a lot of Saturday games are either ME Bank matches before AFL or the 1pm televised game anyway.

Radio will do for the others.

I'm not sure about how other feel about the highlights package that is put up every week but I feel it's a bit of a waste. Personally I'd rather see passages of play where mainly Richmond listed players* are involved or maybe a package of one of the best performing richmond listed player* on the day.

* Young Richmond listed players ie. Miles, McIntosh, McBean not Edwards, Stephenson and Pettard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't get the VFL radio to work on android. What else do I need to download to make it work?
Nothing, our supplier only told us recently they've worked out there's an android bug. They were hoping to have it fixed by this week, not sure if it will be or not. When I get a concrete answer I'll let you know here.

The radio broadcast is great, highlights on web are good , stats are much appreciated and about time we saw return of choco putting one of youngsters under the microscope. Love having vfl at punt rd before a game, would like to some decent amenities on punt rd wing ....has been good first year
It's been a good year on that front, but plenty more to do!

The full game? Highly doubtful, but hopefully we can get extended highlights.
Cheers

I'll see if I can get it off the ABC website later somehow, otherwise I'll just have to listen to the stellar VFL Radio coverage :)

They don't show the VFL in West Australia until 2:30am Thursday :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back