Round 18 trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers.

No aus Network in rooms.

Loved a quick dive today! Amazing.

Will find a pub or bar with afl and wifi access.
Government canned the AUS network.

Out..fiji resort beer prices.. $10aud per beer

In fiji supermarket beer $50 for a carton of Heineken

Seriously WTF....

Thank god the scenery is smokin
Fiji is not cheap, never has been.Imported alcohol never is, anywhere in the world. try local stuff.

Switch to kava ;)

Zane3003

Senior List
Mar 19, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
upload_2014-7-24_10-6-9.png

Hi all,

Looking for some advice currently have 4 trades left and $68k as have already gone Burgoyne - Mitchell this week.

Still need to upgrade TEX any ideas to grab some cash this week for an upgrade next week or should I sit tight? All suggestions welcome :)

Cheers

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-24_10-5-26.png
    upload_2014-7-24_10-5-26.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 69699

Hi all,

Looking for some advice currently have 4 trades left and $68k as have already gone Burgoyne - Mitchell this week.

Still need to upgrade TEX any ideas to grab some cash this week for an upgrade next week or should I sit tight? All suggestions welcome :)

Cheers
That's a bloody sensational team with 4 trades left. Wouldn't worry about Tex, I'd sit tight this week and then upgrade Gunston to Gray the week after and sit pretty with your 3 trades. Tex is only your F7 when Martin swings back, good enough for cover.

Incidentally, what is your rank?

Zane3003

Senior List
Mar 19, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
That's a bloody sensational team with 4 trades left. Wouldn't worry about Tex, I'd sit tight this week and then upgrade Gunston to Gray the week after and sit pretty with your 3 trades. Tex is only your F7 when Martin swings back, good enough for cover.

Incidentally, what is your rank?

Thanks just outside top 2000 had a slow start to the year but things have gone pretty smoothly since then! Yeah gunston to gray was one of the possibilities i was looking out. Like the sound of that :)

Government canned the AUS network.

Fiji is not cheap, never has been.Imported alcohol never is, anywhere in the world. try local stuff.

Switch to kava ;)

Had fiji bitter last nite...nasty nasty hangover this morning. 10am Heineken fixed that tho

Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
View attachment 69699

Hi all,

Cheers
I agree with Jiska, that's an awesome team with heaps of flexibility.

Great work.

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
In anticipation of langdon being dropped this week I am in a real quandary.
Currently sitting 8th in my league (2nd on points) in a 50/50 tussle this week with my mate sitting 3rd.
He's copped a sandi donut where I've been able to cover with martin... that sandi donut is basically the difference between us atm.

Do I:
A. Sure up the win this week, sewing up a finals birth by spending 150k to go langdon to smitch. This means no money to upgrade sam lloyd in a few weeks to best available mid circa 460k.

Or
B. Pray for a win this week, and/or potentially miss finals, cop a langdon donut and straight swap suckling to smitch. This leaves 160k to upgrade sam lloyd off the fwd bench and make a big difference come finals time.

Classic case of spending all my petrol tickets getting to finals, then out without firing a shot.... or missing finals entirely and kicking ass from the sidelines.

Mugpunter

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2009
Near the big hill
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Currently sitting 8th in my league (2nd on points) in a 50/50 tussle this week with my mate sitting 3rd.
He's copped a sandi donut where I've been able to cover with martin... that sandi donut is basically the difference between us atm.

Do I:
A. Sure up the win this week, sewing up a finals birth by spending 150k to go langdon to smitch. This means no money to upgrade sam lloyd in a few weeks to best available mid circa 460k.

Or
B. Pray for a win this week, and/or potentially miss finals, cop a langdon donut and straight swap suckling to smitch. This leaves 160k to upgrade sam lloyd off the fwd bench and make a big difference come finals time.

Classic case of spending all my petrol tickets getting to finals, then out without firing a shot.... or missing finals entirely and kicking ass from the sidelines.

Interested to see your team?

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska

Do I:

Or

C. Langdon doesn't get dropped and you stressed out for nothing.

Do I:

Or

Depends on b/e of smit v langdon v $$$$ kept/lost

Is it a cash league?

Do I:

Or

If you don't make finals, not a hell of a lot of point having a great team.

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interested to see your team?
Untitled.jpg

obviously under normal circumstances heater is onfield for langdon, and martin is f6 in place of lloyd.

as it stands currently 4 trades and 162k.
predicted scores currently have me winning this week by 50 points (2398 v 2348)... that includes a predicted 51 by langdon!
Doesn't get much closer to call.

I am fully expecting langdon to miss sunday... i think it's going to come down to how well or poorly lloyd and martin play before sat night.
if they exceed predictions i'm gonna go suckling to mitchell.

i think

StoneX

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Hastings
AFL Club
Essendon
4 trades & $286k, playing for league wins (1st in work one, 2nd in friends one).

Thinking Taylor -> Rocky and hold the final 3 trades for finals. And maybe upgrade Swan/Wingard during finals.

xWlYXdu.jpg
Doesn't look like much has changed in 11 days!

Still looking at Taylor -> Rocky & Swan -> S. Mitchell at around 4pm tomorrow. It'll leave me with $55k and 2 trades.

bbco49

Team Captain
Feb 1, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pacers, SF 49ers
3 trades left, Jaensch > Mitchell or hold?
Backs are McVeigh, Bartel, Simpson, Swallow, Hanley, Jaensch (Litherland, Bews)

Not really caring about my ranking anymore ( rank 1682) as I don't rate my chance of cracking the top 1000 this year so it's all about league wins (sitting top of my main league)

3 trades left, thoughts on what I should do???
I'm thinking of just following the crowd this week and trading suckers - smitch and then sitting on my last 2 until sc finals week 1

image.jpg

May 6, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I could kiss alan toovey right on his filthy, toothless, collingwood mouth.

Looks like langdon beat the westpac centre pot plant at the selection table.

Matt Suckling... ive watched you skirt around packs for the last time.
Sammy Mitchell, welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back