List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a club sign an unrestricted agent and the trade him when his contract is about to expire? Or does the person remain unrestricted for entire career?

Can someone please photo shop a picture of Danger in both our home and away strip and clash Guernsey.
I'd like to see that! :)
To impatient to wait for the real thing?

If we nabbed Danger, most of the Crows supporter base would pass out from all the booing they'd have to do for Gunston goals and Danger disposals :p

..........and don't walk through Adelaide in your Hawks gear, at night, alone. They would despise us.

If reeled in Danger he would instantly ensure we are a contender for the next 5-6 years. We can make do with average to good tall defenders ( We've done this for years anyway) and we've won flags with average to decent ruckman, we just need to ensure our midfield stays elite. Our forward set up is brilliant and will keep us in the upper echelon so if we can add another star like Danger and some of the kids like Langford and Hill and Billy keep improving then we are in for another exciting period of time.

Can someone please photo shop a picture of Danger in both our home and away strip and clash Guernsey.
I'd like to see that! :)
I made one a while back. Should be in the Dangerfield thread on the Bay. I don't really post there so if you did a search it shouldn't be too hard to find.

If reeled in Danger he would instantly ensure we are a contender for the next 5-6 years. We can make do with average to good tall defenders ( We've done this for years anyway) and we've won flags with average to decent ruckman, we just need to ensure our midfield stays elite. Our forward set up is brilliant and will keep us in the upper echelon so if we can add another star like Danger and some of the kids like Langford and Hill and Billy keep improving then we are in for another exciting period of time.

I've got to say, I find you hard to follow 'tige' (is that French?)......
You wax and wain between telling everyone we can't afford certain players, shouldn't waste trades on guys we can't get, and support List manager's ethos of trading for 'depth' players as opposed to going for it all on someone elite.
And then a complete flip with your last post????

I know you post an awful lot and it must be hard to remember what direction you were going with your last thought....perhaps you might slow down? :eek:

You wax and wain between telling everyone we can't afford certain players, shouldn't waste trades on guys we can't get, and support List manager's ethos of trading for 'depth' players as opposed to going for it all on someone elite.

I know you post an awful lot and it must be hard to remember what direction you were going with your last thought....perhaps you might slow down? :eek:

im a fan of getting fringe players or players not rated by other clubs as you can find a diamond in the rough like Gibson ect, going for a guy demanding big dollars is asking for trouble usually unless you can manage the contract so it isnt big dollars and fairly reasonable

the mis-management of clubs that throw big dollars at players can effect your club in a very negative way.......it has turned a club that was always in the finals like Carlton into a shambles........i hope we never make this same mistake

Dangerfield at 1 mill over 7 or Frawley on 700k at 7.

I know who I'd want!!

A player with injury concerns, 7 year contracts?

Isn't there someone else we can overpay for?
Collingwood players are always hugely overrated, let's put up a huge offer for one of their duds!

A player with injury concerns, 7 year contracts?

Isn't there someone else we can overpay for?
Collingwood players are always hugely overrated, let's put up a huge offer for one of their duds!

In fairness though, Judd and Selwood were overlooked because of injury concerns ;)

im a fan of getting fringe players or players not rated by other clubs as you can find a diamond in the rough like Gibson ect, going for a guy demanding big dollars is asking for trouble usually unless you can manage the contract so it isnt big dollars and fairly reasonable

the mis-management of clubs that throw big dollars at players can effect your club in a very negative way.......it has turned a club that was always in the finals like Carlton into a shambles........i hope we never make this same mistake
Yep. Its about finding players that are more valuable to us than they are to their current club. Plenty of examples on our own list in recent years like Gilham, Guerra, Hale, Gibbo, Simpkin etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very easy to follow. Frawley is not worth 700k, I would not spend that money on him, he is not a star. Dangerfield is a star, no 2 ways about it. If he was available and we had the cash then of course lets have a crack, we are comparing a good KPD who does a job to a match winning star.

If there choice was to go down the Frawley path or spread out the cash with a number of players who can help us moving forward then I'd prefer to spread the cash, if on the flip side we had a chance for Danger and/or spread the money over a number of players, I'd take Danger. We can't compare a Ferrari with a Holden.

I think getting Danger is unlikely due to the awkward tension that would be floating around between him and Stratton.
actually knowing that Stratts won't be able to tackle him again might bring him some comfort.

Yep. Its about finding players that are more valuable to us than they are to their current club. Plenty of examples on our own list in recent years like Gilham, Guerra, Hale, Gibbo, Simpkin etc.

I don't see any great midfielders in that lot....?
I'm not saying they aren't out there, but Josh Kennedy aside, I'd love some examples of fringe midfield players who hadn't shown they were A graders at their original clubs going somewhere and becoming exactly that.

Again, I think our list is in brilliant shape at most positions for 1st 22 and backup depth, excepting an elite inside midfielder to take us forward. Langers is honest as the day is long, but do you look at his skills and say matchwinner when it counts against the very best?

The names proffered earlier were not the Rory Sloanes of this world, or even the Dylan Shiels, but average to perhaps below average players at other clubs. In what world does that help replace Mitch and Sewell?

actually knowing that Stratts won't be able to tackle him again might bring him some comfort.
Touche-cggwx0.jpg

I'm not saying they aren't out there, but Josh Kennedy aside, I'd love some examples of fringe midfield players who hadn't shown they were A graders at their original clubs going somewhere and becoming exactly that.

Again, I think our list is in brilliant shape at most positions for 1st 22 and backup depth, excepting an elite inside midfielder to take us forward. Langers is honest as the day is long, but do you look at his skills and say matchwinner when it counts against the very best?

The names proffered earlier were not the Rory Sloanes of this world, or even the Dylan Shiels, but average to perhaps below average players at other clubs. In what world does that help replace Mitch and Sewell?
Josh Kennedy is one that comes to mind :):mad::cry:

Heath Scottland was struggling to get a game at the pies and went on to be a very good player. Polec at port sort of fits that description although I think that was self imposed because he is a sook. Tony Woods if you go back far and want a hawk example. Ebert going from WC to Port. Farren Ray became a lot better at the Saints. Danny Stanely isn't a pure mid but turned himself around pretty dramatically. Haven't thought about it too much but I'm sure there are others. It would be interesting to weigh up the success rate of fringe players moving clubs compared to draftees e.g. players to go on and play 50 or 100 games at their second club. I wouldn't be surprised if it is higher than the average draftee. And that would ultimately be the point. We expect to get a better return out of recycled players than new draftees.

Yep, we don't want to turn into Richmond!
Trading is great, but not just for the sake of it!

If we landed Dangerfield I would explode in my pants. Line breaking bull midfielder of the highest quality, very rare for a player to be so explosive but also such a brute in the contested possession stakes. Even if we are a chance it would be very very slim. He is a geelong boy, his family were mad cat supporters, he was one when he was younger. His preferred choice if he made the move back home would surely be Geelong, which would really p me off.

IMO atm I would say he is 50% to choose Geelong, 40% to stay in Adelaide, 5% to go to us and another 5% to go elsewhere. Are my percentages likely to be correct? No, they are probably way off haha

[
Josh Kennedy is one that comes to mind :):mad::cry:

Heath Scottland was struggling to get a game at the pies and went on to be a very good player. Polec at port sort of fits that description although I think that was self imposed because he is a sook. Tony Woods if you go back far and want a hawk example. Ebert going from WC to Port. Farren Ray became a lot better at the Saints. Danny Stanely isn't a pure mid but turned himself around pretty dramatically. Haven't thought about it too much but I'm sure there are others. It would be interesting to weigh up the success rate of fringe players moving clubs compared to draftees e.g. players to go on and play 50 or 100 games at their second club. I wouldn't be surprised if it is higher than the average draftee. And that would ultimately be the point. We expect to get a better return out of recycled players than new draftees.

I don't see any player in the lot you have mentioned that have became A grade midfielders. Which is what the previous poster had questioned.

The Herald Sun is reporting Tonight that Hawthorn has lost out on David Mundy so we will be keeping our warchest for the 2015 Free agency period which I don't think is a bad idea. It is also reporting that Geelong is into Sean Higgins from the Bulldogs Jarrod Geary from St Kilda and James Frawley from Melbourne. Geelong make me sick They really Mustn't rate that the list they have. I hope they crash and burn to the bottom of the ladder lol.... I hope where after some talent still like Jonathan O'Rourke from GWS he wouldn't cost too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back