Geez and here I was thinking I was just taking the piss... lol
taking_the_piss.jpg

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You are paranoid.

This chicken little/flock of sheep attitude round this place about players leaving is doing my head in. Every thread is full of panic attacks - player X was not wearing a I love Brisbane t-shirt, so he must be off.

Paps has run out of steam in the last few weeks, & Leppa wanted a look at Crisp so some-one had to make way. End of story.

edit :RB beat me to it.

I think there is some grounds for concern with his father being sick etc. I also accept he has run out of steam a bit.

I dont think I have ever been accused of a flock of sheep attitude. Flock of seagulls, that's another thing.

I think there is some grounds for concern with his father being sick etc. I also accept he has run out of steam a bit.

I dont think I have ever been accused of a flock of sheep attitude. Flock of seagulls, that's another thing.

Look, I know this, and I am not having a go at anyone personally. It is just every thing is being seen thru a prism of defeatism. He is not playing = he is going. He is not smiling = he is going. He is 6 months into his first 2 year contract & has not re-signed for another 5 = he is homesick & leaving. He hes not got a Lions tattoo this week = he is off. Every thread - so many posters feeding off of each others pessimism.

It is doing my head in.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Look, I know this, and I am not having a go at anyone personally. It is just every thing is being seen thru a prism of defeatism. He is not playing = he is going. He is not smiling = he is going. He is 6 months into his first 2 year contract & has not re-signed for another 5 = he is homesick & leaving. He hes not got a Lions tattoo this week = he is off. Every thread - so many posters feeding off of each others pessimism.

It is doing my head in.
I agree with all of the above but after last year there is going to be some residual paranoia. Just hope for the best, if you pick apart every post about a player potentially leaving you're going to be pretty busy.

Oh yeah the game. Lions by 600. Merrett and Close to combine for 63 goals and Jpat to make 461 1%'ers, falling just short of his PB.

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin
Call me paranoid, but im drawing a line between talk of Paps back to WA and him not being selected, following Leppas comments of not putting games into guys who are leaving.
I thought that comment was more relevant to Lilse, Raines, Polks and probably Moloney.

alscotoz2

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have tipped us to win and with that drink a lot of celebratory beer after the game and be a touch incoherent.

Same here John except for the bit about tipping us. If we win then we'll be imbibing for the same reason! Screw the footy tips (but I am equal top).

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Riska will be a late out according to Mike Whiting. Herbert the in.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
We need to do what we did against adelaide a few years ago. Have a goalless quarter and the come out and win.

Purely so we can get the quality posters back.

And this time if the mods would kindly leave all the juicy posts in tact until I've had a chance to read them!

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I will be missing the game tomorrow, as I have to go suit shopping for my wedding, then I have a Christmas in July to go to.

I'm expecting a top quality meltdown or 2 to read upon my return.

Do not... disappoint me.

Severus-snape1.jpg
WTF is it with you missing games for weddings this year? Your's, your friends'. Get your s**t together Haso.
Footy season is pretty much the same time each year. Your organisational skills leave a lot to be desired.:rolleyes:

Riska will be a late out according to Mike Whiting. Herbert the in.

So that means Harbrow and Broughton are the only two 100+ gamers? I'm no scientician but they seem light on for leaders and experienced heads.

If we can jump them early (big IF given this year) they might drop their heads... I hope.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So that means Harbrow and Broughton are the only two 100+ gamers? I'm no scientician but they seem light on for leaders and experienced heads.

If we can jump them early (big IF given this year) they might drop their heads... I hope.

Really comes down to Rocky and Hanley vs O'Meara, Swallow and Prestia. Both teams are pretty short on midfield talent.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I had a wedding of a family friend grand final day in 2003. Going to the wedding was definitely not an option. Still celebrated at the reception afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back