FTA-TV Rectify

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
There was some discussion about it last year but no thread as far as I could see but it does deserve one as it was arguably one of the best shows of 2013. I'd probably only have had OITNB and Breaking Bad ahead of it.

For those that haven't seen it, it's about a guy who'd been on death row for 20 years that's released because of new DNA evidence, and basically follows him and his family readjusting to normalcy. First season's only six episodes, and is basically a week long in the show's world and is utterly compelling.

Created by Ray McKinnon who played the reverend in Deadwood and won an Academy Award for a short film with Walton Goggins. And a couple of Aussies starring as well including the Daniel, the main character, by Aden Young.

Season 2 starts tomorrow, just before you get any ideas that all the quality shows had finished for the year. Really looking forward to it.

Yeah that ending of season 1 was classic. One of the better lead performances in television the guy who plays Daniel. Slow burn of a show but right up my alley. Pumped for season 2 :thumbsu:

This is such a rare show.

Something that truly makes you think and reflect like so few others. It's what one of the things films can do that television can't and yet this does it in such an honest way, that I'm both astounded and incredibly invested in the story.

That final scene in the S2 premiere. Just ******* beautiful.

The first season was brilliant and the first episode of the 2nd season has just continued on in that same level of excellence. It's an incredibly sad show though and there were a few times in this episode that I was close to tears. I don't really know of any other show where it has such an emotional effect on me.

The first season was brilliant and the first episode of the 2nd season has just continued on in that same level of excellence. It's an incredibly sad show though and there were a few times in this episode that I was close to tears. I don't really know of any other show where it has such an emotional effect on me.
Spot on with this post but I wouldn't describe it as an incredibly sad show because it's so much more. It's emotional in so many ways and has had me close to tears of joy as often as tears of sadness. I think of my favourite TV shows and none of them have had as much of an emotional grip on me as this one does. I hope he didn't do it, that will tear me apart.

Spot on with this post but I wouldn't describe it as an incredibly sad show because it's so much more. It's emotional in so many ways and has had me close to tears of joy as often as tears of sadness. I think of my favourite TV shows and none of them have had as much of an emotional grip on me as this one does. I hope he didn't do it, that will tear me apart.

I totally agree with there being really joyous moments as well, but I just feel a pervading sorrow through every episode. And I've been thinking about how his innoncence/guilt will effect me, but I actually think I will still feel sorry for him even if he was involved.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of this and really loved it. That scene in the second episode at the driving range where he talks about getting raped to the brother law is mind boggling. The look on the dudes face is priceless.

Anyway, looking forward to catching up to the current season. Its nice to have something intense to watch.

Really like this show, downloaded it over a year ago & watched the first ep then forgot all about it. Just started watching season one again this week.

Have caught up on season 2 now also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is but there are some really quirky scenes (like S1 with the walkman & duck caller in the attic) that briefly relieve the tension & lift the spirits.

My favourite line throughout the show: 'I think I'd like that', 'I'd like that' or 'I like tea' or whatever they were talking about.

Eg:
Hairdresser: 'I said to myself that if you ever got out I'd offer my body to you.'
Daniel: 'I think I'd like that.'

It is but there are some really quirky scenes (like S1 with the walkman & duck caller in the attic) that briefly relieve the tension & lift the spirits.

My favourite line throughout the show: 'I think I'd like that', 'I'd like that' or 'I like tea' or whatever they were talking about.

Eg:
Hairdresser: 'I said to myself that if you ever got out I'd offer my body to you.'
Daniel: 'I think I'd like that.'

My favourite is "I think I'd like that, mother"

Ted Jr needs to stop whinging and realise he is batting above his weight :p.

He's becoming a fascinating character in own right too though.

Initially he just had that s**t eating grin look about him and you could right him off as just being one of those type of characters. But since the 'incident' my whole grasp of who he is has changed quite a bit. He's struggling a fair bit right now, and you don't really where it's headed but I'm not conditioned to think that it's anywhere great.

Just watched all the episodes of this show, really enjoyed it.
Nothing really exciting happened its just interesting how these people are changing each episode.
Saw next weeks preview looks like it will be quite an ep

Edit: just realised the ep came out today

Agree, not much happens but I have found each episode fascinating & sympathise with each character, even the step brother , trying to find the right word to describe the prison scenes, best I can come up with in the context of 20 years is 'terrifying'.

Agree, not much happens but I have found each episode fascinating & sympathise with each character, even the step brother , trying to find the right word to describe the prison scenes, best I can come up with in the context of 20 years is 'terrifying'.

I also sympathise with each character. Ted jr is a bit of a knob but he isnt a bad guy imo.

Daniels depression in the jail flashbacks and how cynical/hopeless he is compared to present but expresses both via jokes is subtle but brilliant.
Reminds me a bit off myself actually.

Aden Young deserves a nomination for his performance this season.

Dam this show is good, best show since breaking bad- two eps left and getting pretty tense. Daniel is the most intriguing character in a tv series I've ever seen, just completely living on another planet. It's very intriguing. Slow at times but a good slow, I could honestly just watch this show for hours on end, something about it just keeps me watching and wanting more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back