Draft Watcher Young Talent Time 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlton usually try to take the best available with top 10 picks i just get the feeling this season if Durdin is available at 6 as you say i think they would jump at it.
I don't know much about this Mckenzie but another tall that certainly looks possible and Dean Gore at 43 a definite yes also all up a great effort on your mock draft i look forward to reading it every season especially being a fellow South Aussie.

Chris, could you do Jake Lever's profile after Watermans? Unless you've already done it.

Thanks in advance.

Not "young" anymore, but do you think Schloithe will be drafted again? If so will it be rookie or late national draft

gday chris.where do you see brendon abbott being drafted?I hope he ends up at the eagles,we need big bodies badly

You have Durdin falling all the way to 9 Chris25, is this a personal rating or do you think he'll genuinely fall that far? A tall back is someone the Crows desperately need to replace Rutten.

Hartigan and Thompson is all we really have apart from Talia, and both aren't assured of being good enough to take us further up the ladder.

My personal rating of Durdin is top 3, after McCartin and Petracca. But my latest update was about showing a different perspective, and something that could realistically happen.

In my opinion, Melbourne, Richmond and Carlton should all be looking at midfielders. While GWS could take a relative risk with Lever if they went tall. All of a sudden, Wright drops a little as does Durdin.

Not "young" anymore, but do you think Schloithe will be drafted again? If so will it be rookie or late national draft

Personally, I probably wouldn't take him. He has been excellent this year in the WAFL, but I think he is one of those players who dominate state league football but just don't have that edge to their game for the next level. Every state has them. Someone might rookie list and he'd probably be able to come in and play straight away, but I don't see much of a future other than emergency depth. A few years ago, he probably could have had a decent career like a Byron Schammer.

gday chris.where do you see brendon abbott being drafted?I hope he ends up at the eagles,we need big bodies badly

I reckon the Eagles will draft Abbott, probably somewhere around the third round. When an 18 year old gets overlooked, it's always good to see them go on and play senior football. He has all the tools and obviously the size to do well. And has shown enough to suggest he could play down back or up forward until his midfield game develops. I wouldn't mind seeing Fremantle trump West Coast, even though we don't really need him.

I reckon the Eagles will draft Abbott, probably somewhere around the third round. When an 18 year old gets overlooked, it's always good to see them go on and play senior football. He has all the tools and obviously the size to do well. And has shown enough to suggest he could play down back or up forward until his midfield game develops. I wouldn't mind seeing Fremantle trump West Coast, even though we don't really need him.
Any chance of ending up somewhere like the Saints? We're crying out for some serious midfield pace.

My personal rating of Durdin is top 3, after McCartin and Petracca. But my latest update was about showing a different perspective, and something that could realistically happen.

In my opinion, Melbourne, Richmond and Carlton should all be looking at midfielders. While GWS could take a relative risk with Lever if they went tall. All of a sudden, Wright drops a little as does Durdin.

Its looking more and more likely that Melbourne could have 2 picks in the top 4 - and I could see us taking Petracca or Brayshaw, but I couldnt see us using both picks.

I think we'll trade one of them out to someone who is keen on a tall such as Wright or Durdin - Sydney being the most likely candidate at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its looking more and more likely that Melbourne could have 2 picks in the top 4 - and I could see us taking Petracca or Brayshaw, but I couldnt see us using both picks.

I think we'll trade one of them out to someone who is keen on a tall such as Wright or Durdin - Sydney being the most likely candidate at this point.
Can't see how Frawley is worth a pick after your first round pick. I'd say he's worth a pick after the first round at best

Can't see how Frawley is worth a pick after your first round pick. I'd say he's worth a pick after the first round at best
The compensation factors the contract he will receive. So if he gets the mammoth amount he is apparently asking for the pick will be tied to Melb's first rounder

I don't think hes worth pick 3 or 4 either - but I guess that's exactly why the compensation system is set up the way it is. To make sure lower sides are better compensated for losing players than the top sides.

On Frawleys actual worth, I do think he's slightly underrated at times - and I would be disappointed if we traded him away for less than a top 10 pick.

Wright could realistically end up at the dogs? I can't see Brisbane taking a midfielder over a behemoth like him.

We could rate Hammelmann higher and still take the Midfielder
Yeah I guess that is possible, Wright is definitely someone the dogs could use right now, but so is Lever or Durdin.

Wright could realistically end up at the dogs? I can't see Brisbane taking a midfielder over a behemoth like him.

Brisbane surely go tall.
I would think Melbourne try to get Durdin with the Frawley pick and slot him straight in at CHB

Was reading your Phantom Draft for last year Chris and was interesting to read your write up on McStay. You had big wraps on him and he really looks like he could be anything. Well done :thumbsu:

Does Tim Jones have any chance? Another 43 possessions in his last TAC cup game. I think he is averaging over 35 in the TAC cup.

The compensation factors the contract he will receive. So if he gets the mammoth amount he is apparently asking for the pick will be tied to Melb's first rounder
He won't get anywhere near what he's asking for. As he's unrestricted, clubs don't have to make a massive offer Melbourne can't match. In fact, Hawthorn could say "Lake took a pay cut to come play in a flag, why should we pay you overs?"

He won't get much more than 500k IMO, which means an end of first round pick I think. About right, although I'm of the view there should be no compo.

Hey Chris, just wondering what you thought of Freos chances of picking up Weller? I know you rate him very highly, do you think if he was available at our first pick we would grab him? In the past drafts of recent times we have gone best available for our first pick, except for maybe last years draft where we grabbed Apeness as a needs pick.
I think Weller could add a different dimension to our midfield and we could probably afford to take a smaller mid as we have such a big midfield already. Does Weller hit the scoreboard consistently?

Gday Chris. What are your thoughts on Caleb Daniel? He's tiny, but can he make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back