RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Keston you are a man of many clubs,leagues. Have you ever seen a club (Romsey) who have had to play every side after the bye?
Can't really say I have suggest it would be a benefit but it wouldn't have been by design romsey are a very good unit across all lines with many players who can adapt to many positions and very well coached
Had a first hand view last Saturday would say we where undermand and stayed with them for a quarter and a half but even with a full list we would have been outplayed by 10-15 goals it's there premiership to lose I believe.
On a dry grand final day and if there up and about will be a blow out my opinion

AFL VICTORIA SEEKING THE ASSISTANCE OF CLUBS FOR PLAYER PAYMENT SURVEY

In recent times there has been increasing concern raised within community football surrounding the implication of escalating player payments and the longer term sustainable nature of this growth on clubs and leagues. AFL Victoria has recently formed a working party aimed to address the issue of community football player payments.

As part of a coordinated effort to tackle this issue on behalf of community football, almost all senior clubs in the State have recently received an invite to complete an anonymous online club survey to help identify player payment issues and how they are impacting on-field competitiveness, club sustainability, volunteer recruitment and retention, as well as ideas on how they can be better managed into the future. This survey forms part of the process that will provide important feedback that will be critical in ultimately shaping a state-wide solution to this issue.

Clubs have been are requested to form a group of relevant representatives from within the club to complete the survey which closes at 5pm THIS Friday the 25th of July 2014. All survey responses from clubs will be strictly confidential with the data from this research ultimately being reported in aggregate form.

Club representatives are requested to ensure their club completes the survey and response to assist in forming strategies to tackle the issue.

Found this on the rdfl sight any ones thoughts

Xmas I say yeah :p:thumbsu::rainbow:

Last edited:

AFL VICTORIA SEEKING THE ASSISTANCE OF CLUBS FOR PLAYER PAYMENT SURVEY

In recent times there has been increasing concern raised within community football surrounding the implication of escalating player payments and the longer term sustainable nature of this growth on clubs and leagues. AFL Victoria has recently formed a working party aimed to address the issue of community football player payments.

As part of a coordinated effort to tackle this issue on behalf of community football, almost all senior clubs in the State have recently received an invite to complete an anonymous online club survey to help identify player payment issues and how they are impacting on-field competitiveness, club sustainability, volunteer recruitment and retention, as well as ideas on how they can be better managed into the future. This survey forms part of the process that will provide important feedback that will be critical in ultimately shaping a state-wide solution to this issue.

Clubs have been are requested to form a group of relevant representatives from within the club to complete the survey which closes at 5pm THIS Friday the 25th of July 2014. All survey responses from clubs will be strictly confidential with the data from this research ultimately being reported in aggregate form.

Club representatives are requested to ensure their club completes the survey and response to assist in forming strategies to tackle the issue.

Found this on the rdfl sight any ones thoughts

Xmas I say yeah :p:thumbsu::rainbow:

I reckon it's just a matter of time before the Tax Department gets involved in local footy payments, so this may be their way of gathering the info to justify it. Let's be honest who's going to be honest enough to say "yeh we have a coulpe of guys on $800-$900 (or more) a game"

I reckon it's just a matter of time before the Tax Department gets involved in local footy payments, so this may be their way of gathering the info to justify it. Let's be honest who's going to be honest enough to say "yeh we have a coulpe of guys on $800-$900 (or more) a game"
Wonder what happens if ya don't fill it out
Also agree kidding if they believe the numbers lol

So romsey clear on top and favourite for flag who will they play and why
What's people's thoughts

You can make a case for Sunbury, Riddell, Diggers and Rupo. Put them all in a hat and draw it out as they can all beat each other on their day.

My tip would be the team that finishes 3rd will play Romsey in the Grand Final.

You can make a case for Sunbury, Riddell, Diggers and Rupo. Put them all in a hat and draw it out as they can all beat each other on their day.

My tip would be the team that finishes 3rd will play Romsey in the Grand Final.

Always the easiest path in, 3rd will roll whoever finishes in 6th place easily on week one then advance to a guaranteed "two strikes" via the 2nd Semi.

Sounds like a good day Doon, Is Mick going to be there?

Can only hope mate, if he was to bring a few heavies along the Blues might be able to intimiate the young Hawks into lying down ha ha!!!

Prediction
Romsey should win all remaining games 4-0
Ruppo have rockbank Riddell bye diggers possible 3-1
Riddell have melton ruppo rockbank sunbury. 3-1.
Diggers. Have romsey lancefield melton ruppo 3-1
Kangaroos. Have macedon bye kilmore Riddell 3-1
Rockbank. Have ruppo broadford away Riddell wallan 2-2 or 1-3
Lancefield. Have bye diggers wallan woodend. 3-1
Interesting if rockbank go 3-1 they are safe lancefield can grab 6th if 3-1 lancefield and rockbank 1-3 or 2-2 but if 2-2 probably will have better percentage

1. Romsey. 72 points
2. Riddell. 60 points
3. Ruppo. 56 points
4. Diggers. 56 points
5. Kangaroos. 48 points

6. Lancefield. 40 points.
7. Rockbank. 40. Hmmm

8. Broadford. 36 points
9 Wallan. 36 points
10. Melton. 28 points
11. Macedon. 24 points
12. Woodend. 20 points
13. Kilmore. 12 points

Last edited:
Always the easiest path in, 3rd will roll whoever finishes in 6th place easily on week one then advance to a guaranteed "two strikes" via the 2nd Semi.
Ask Sunbury how finishing 3rd is easy!!! There was a goal in their 1st final against Rupo 5 mins into the last qrt, granted they nearly beat diggers the following week , but came up against a determined Riddell in the 3rd week who took it out a week later. Romsey look the goods at the moment and deserve to be the bench mark, but finals are a different beast, if you make it into the 2nd week you are in with a chance. There are some big games between the top sides in the up coming weeks, so the prized "3rd" spot is still up for grabs!!!! But if you want to win it, you need to beat the best side, unless of course you are the best side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask Sunbury how finishing 3rd is easy!!! There was a goal in their 1st final against Rupo 5 mins into the last qrt, granted they nearly beat diggers the following week , but came up against a determined Riddell in the 3rd week who took it out a week later. Romsey look the goods at the moment and deserve to be the bench mark, but finals are a different beast, if you make it into the 2nd week you are in with a chance. There are some big games between the top sides in the up coming weeks, so the prized "3rd" spot is still up for grabs!!!! But if you want to win it, you need to beat the best side, unless of course you are the best side.
If Rockbank push Rupertswood this weekend, it could set up for a very interesting Elimination final where the two could go head-to-head.. I think the top six is settled and only the bottom four of the six can change.. Rupertswood v an emerging Rockbank, Riddell v Romsey, Sunbury Kangaroos v Diggers Rest.. some great crowd pleases there ;)

If Rockbank push Rupertswood this weekend, it could set up for a very interesting Elimination final where the two could go head-to-head.. I think the top six is settled and only the bottom four of the six can change.. Rupertswood v an emerging Rockbank, Riddell v Romsey, Sunbury Kangaroos v Diggers Rest.. some great crowd pleases there ;)
Rupo are currently sitting 2nd 10wins + % on Riddell, Riddell do have a game in hand. The bye shouldn't be 4 points, thats just someone being lazy when designing the ladder. In terms of the top 2 being set, any one from 2-5 can mathematically finish 2nd, Rupo and Riddell on 10 wins, Diggers on 9 and Sunbury on 8. This season is set for a big finish!!!!

Rupo are currently sitting 2nd 10wins + % on Riddell, Riddell do have a game in hand. The bye shouldn't be 4 points, thats just someone being lazy when designing the ladder. In terms of the top 2 being set, any one from 2-5 can mathematically finish 2nd, Rupo and Riddell on 10 wins, Diggers on 9 and Sunbury on 8. This season is set for a big finish!!!!
Rupo are currently 3rd, 4 points behind Riddell, however have the chance to go to second next week if we can knock off Riddell as we have a higher percentage. Having said that we also need to beat Rockbank tomorrow which won't be easy. If Rupo win their last 3 games will finish 2nd and have first crack at Romsey. That is a big "if" though as we have 3 tough games to come.

Rupo are currently 3rd, 4 points behind Riddell, however have the chance to go to second next week if we can knock off Riddell as we have a higher percentage. Having said that we also need to beat Rockbank tomorrow which won't be easy. If Rupo win their last 3 games will finish 2nd and have first crack at Romsey. That is a big "if" though as we have 3 tough games to come.

Riddell are only 4 points up because they have already had their 2 byes for the year, both sides have won 10 games and Rupo have a better %, this is the first time I have seen a bye worth 4 points. But I think you are forgetting the biggest "if"... Diggers!!! Don't be surprised if they put the first blemish on Romsey's record this weekend. Rupo will get over Rockbank in a game that will be competitive for a half and a bit, Sunbury over Macedon by a bit, Riddell easily over Melton, Broadford over Wallan and I'd like to say Kilmore for their 1st win in 2 years but I think Woodend might spoil the party.

Finally, after I think what was 29-30 losses the Blues have cracked it for a win.

Was bloody rapt for JC in getting his first senior win, not to mention all the boys who continue to stick by the club in trying times.

I've always said "Footy don't build character it reveals it" and I stand by my sentiments that this young group will appreciate the good times when they come 'round having done it the hard way

Great game today between the Redbacks and Diggers. 2 sides having a fair crack, no cheap shots . Diggers came to play and were not that far off the chocolates. Should make for a cracking finals series.

Finally, after I think what was 29-30 losses the Blues have cracked it for a win.

Was bloody rapt for JC in getting his first senior win, not to mention all the boys who continue to stick by the club in trying times.

I've always said "Footy don't build character it reveals it" and I stand by my sentiments that this young group will appreciate the good times when they come 'round having done it the hard way
Not a truer word spoken dooms ,footy don't build character it reveals it and boy I boy it's getting more revealing by the day.on another note congrats to kilmore on knocking up thier first win for a while onwards and upwards, over at romsey we witnessed two hard sides going at it and wasn't it a great contest, anyone who thinks the race for the flag is over is having a lend of themselves there's a number of sides still in it. I tend to feel those who work hardest will reap the rewards. Looking forward what a great finals series it's going to be some massive clashes coming up, good luck to everyone involved.

Season is really heating up with only 3 weeks to finals and everyone has gone quiet. I guess no-one wants to pump up their own clubs chances too much. Anyone not aligned to any club keen to make a prediction or outline each clubs chances going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back