MRP / Trib. Vickery Gets 4 Weeks - Back for Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is how many weeks will he get and who to replace him?

I'll admit, it was not a good look that TV KO'd Cox. He may be a boxer's son but I thought in a way it was a pretty bad brainfade.

I'm not certain if Cox has a broken jaw or anything like that but I wold expect at least 3 week suspension.

Given that TV will more than likely be out for a while, who would replace him? I am hoping that McBean will replace him in the side or even Griffith for one or two game.

Thoughts.

Serious responses only. Joke or mocking responses will be deleted.

Cox 1 week reduced to reprimand
Vickery 3 weeks
LeCras 2 weeks

It was dumb but are people making a big deal out of it because it was Cox or because they're ignoring that it was retaliation?

Simpson's trying to blow this situation up. Substitution could have been tactical as well with the driving rain. With Priddis' statement that he's up and in good spirits after the game, means that his jaw is fine.

3 weeks maximum, probably 4 due to bad record.

On first look I honestly thought it was an unintentional act. You see ruckmen constantly pushing and shoving and even trying to swing each other out of front spot. However, given the MRP will look at it slowed down and will no doubt get a rather exaggerated medical report from WC, I'd be surprised to see Vickery play again this year.

I am not annoyed at Vickery at all for retaliating. It sure made Cox stop looking so smug after hitting Vickery and expecting to get away with it. The media is trying to make the biggest deal out of this as possible but won't acknowledge Cox provoked Vickery. I have read Hardwick stuck up for Vickery though so the coach's support should be all that matters.

Vickery will probably get around 4 weeks, his bad record won't help him. Griffiths is the likely replacement for him in my opinion. It would be nice to give McBean a debut against GWS but we need someone to help Maric in the ruck and Griffiths is really the only forward we have capable of doing that.

Cox is fine. No broken jaw and didn't fail concussion test.

Should be high contact, medium to low impact and unintentional or reckless. 2 weeks but with carry over points maybe three.

If it was me, I'd give him a high five.
Thoughts on why he didn't come back on then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on why he didn't come back on then?

Wet weather. Not playing well. Tactics. Your coach.

Plenty of reasons.

He didn't fail the concussion test. He hasn't a broken jaw. Priddis told Richo he was fine in the rooms.

Your coach is the only one stating he's not good.

Trying to deflect the s**t performance of an important game on this incident.

He's not a very good coach is Simmo.

Weeks back Vickory was the player not having an impact on games.. No aggression etc. not saying was the right thing to do but would rather see him play on the edge a lot more. Cox did give him a sly one but perhaps Ty just messed up the return hit and he will most likely get 3 weeks for it. I don't think it's worth much more than 3. All these so called experts were quick to get into him after they were happy to say doesnt show enough aggression.

I am not annoyed at Vickery at all for retaliating. It sure made Cox stop looking so smug after hitting Vickery and expecting to get away with it. The media is trying to make the biggest deal out of this as possible but won't acknowledge Cox provoked Vickery. I have read Hardwick stuck up for Vickery though so the coach's support should be all that matters.

Vickery will probably get around 4 weeks, his bad record won't help him. Griffiths is the likely replacement for him in my opinion. It would be nice to give McBean a debut against GWS but we need someone to help Maric in the ruck and Griffiths is really the only forward we have capable of doing that.
Ultimately it up to Griff to say I want a perminant position.....
Doesn't matter what happens anyway, Vickery is Geelong bound in 2015.
Do you know more..........? Come on give us the goss.......

I feel for Vickers. He coped a cheap sniper shot from cox to the guts just prior but also was coping it in the first half with elbows from Cox. Obviously Cox never cared because how can you suspend a retired player. Anyway, Vickers eyes were on the ball when the blow landed and IMO it was more due to it being wet that the rain made Vickers bandages heavy, which in turn caused more wait on the wrist which made his fist drop low and clock him in the chin...well, thats what i would say to the tribunal.

IMO the best bit of the night was when Vickers wanted to give his footy away and noticed a little WC foamer trying to go for it and Vickers was like Naaa, wheres a tiger kid.

Classic!

Deserves five weeks
Seriously if people think Cox hit him first the the game should change to basketball. Pushing and shoving in the ruck is standard. If Cox wanted to break Tv ribs he could do it easily
It was funny how TV regathered easily and king hit him
I would hate to see Franklin king hit Newman in his last game and to remember it by Newman having to spend the last half on the bench dazed
I love TV to have aggression,but that was careless and stupid
I hope TV has the decency to apologise to him as Cox was a true champion of the game as a player and as a gentleman

Deserves five weeks
Seriously if people think Cox hit him first the the game should change to basketball. Pushing and shoving in the ruck is standard. If Cox wanted to break Tv ribs he could do it easily
It was funny how TV regathered easily and king hit him
I would hate to see Franklin king hit Newman in his last game and to remember it by Newman having to spend the last half on the bench dazed
I love TV to have aggression,but that was careless and stupid
I hope TV has the decency to apologise to him as Cox was a true champion of the game as a player and as a gentleman

Oh turn it up, Vickers recovered because the ball was thrown up and it was instinct. I agree Cox is a legend but also father time caught up to him and he decided to throw his wait around and the Kama train hit him. Now what Vickery did was silly but to suggest Cox was squeaky clean is laughable.

on a side note. Cox did look flacid after the blow

I feel for Vickers. He coped a cheap sniper shot from cox!
There's soccer players who'd be embarrassed at how easily your hard man vickery folded and played for a free kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back