Game Day Round 18 v Richmond, Subiaco Oval, 25/7, 6:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Judge is pretty bitter about us, has been for ages. But talk of boys club in the ranks isn't news to people on this board, its been said for a while that its an issue and probably could do with a large clean out.

It's gone on for too long, the club needs to grow some balls and start purging dead wood all over the joint.

Stumble in the wrong board?
Why say this

It was an interesting listen and I for one am glad it was posted. Guy isn't having a go just providing a link to what judge said

And I don't like judge but he makes some interesting observations

Stumble in the wrong board?

I bear no malice mate

Just providing a source to the audio that I posted about earlier on in this thread that some of your other posters may have wanted to hear.

The Bigfooty community works well when we can each provide info to each other with helpful intentions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bear no malice mate

Just providing a source to the audio that I posted about earlier on in this thread that some of your other posters may have wanted to hear.

The Bigfooty community works well when we can each provide info to each other with helpful intentions
Fair enough.

I bear no malice mate

Appreciate the audio, thanks.

After having a look (after my original assessment) & using this...

http://www.aflcommunity.com.au/file...aws_of_the_Game/0959_AFL_Tribunal_2013_LR.PDF
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-09/mrp-full-statement-round-12

I'd say Vickery will either go straight to the Tribunal if Cox has a broken jaw (i.e. Severe Impact)
or
High Impact/High Contact/Intentional Strike = 8 Activation Points = Level 5 = 425pts + 43.75pts carryover
(2 weeks suspension in last 3 years = 0% loading) = 468.75pts
Plead guilty & get 25% discount = 3 weeks + around 52pts carryover.
And any future suspension in next 3 years will mean a 30% loading on top of what he gets.

After having a look (after my original assessment) & using this...

http://www.aflcommunity.com.au/file...aws_of_the_Game/0959_AFL_Tribunal_2013_LR.PDF
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-09/mrp-full-statement-round-12

I'd say Vickery will either go straight to the Tribunal if Cox has a broken jaw (i.e. Severe Impact)
or
High Impact/High Contact/Intentional Strike = 8 Activation Points = Level 5 = 425pts + 43.75pts carryover
Plead guilty & get 25% discount = 3 weeks + around 52pts carryover.
And any future suspension in next 3 years will mean a 30% loading on top of what he gets.

Damn, that sound like my car insurance policy. someone's done their homework.

And for those that believe we flew the flag over Coxy, Bollocks. Vickers walked tall tonight and cost us a player. Think back to when buddy flattened cousins in the mid 2000's. Buried about 5 minutes later and took no further part in the game. Been a while since we have seen anything from this side that would cast fear into the heart of the opposition.

We are s**t and until we carve out the cancer that is soft unaccountable players we will remain irrelevant.

So Clem Smith ahead of Pickett and Abbot later in the draft.

Simpson agrees we need bigger bodies and I agree we need bigger hearts and more brutes and mongrel in the side. That's why I like Lycett, he's a big brute and isn't afraid to jump into opponents and hurt them. Looks like Lycett will be getting a run next week.:confused:

So Clem Smith ahead of Pickett and Abbot later in the draft.

Simpson agrees we need bigger bodies and I agree we need bigger hearts and more brutes and mongrel in the side. That's why I like Lycett, he's a big brute and isn't afraid to jump into opponents and hurt them. Looks like Lycett will be getting a run next week.:confused:

Shouldn't of been dropped in the first place. If Cox wants a farewell game he needs to earn it on form, otherwise he can just do the drive around the oval in the back of a car like so many other greats of the game. The club desperately needs to look to the future and develop the youth as quickly as possible.

For that few minutes after Vickery's disgraceful thuggery, the team was humming, there was passion and energy and attack on the footy.

But then it went away and never came back. Really this has to be considered one of the worst shames in the club's history. Unacceptable.

You either win that game or you go full line in the sand and take whatever comes from the tribunal. One or the other, and we did neither.

Friday night national coverage, forced into clash, champion knocked out in his likely farewell game, and completely fail to handle wet weather fundamentals.

i thought on the whole we responded well after the incident and also reckon the league should look the other way on the lecras square-up bump (who knows with the mrp). but you can't win footy playing on agro and emotion alone for the rest of the game. if anything, in those sort of conditions without a level head you can throw a game away through poor discipline. the biggest problem wasn't our endeavour, it was a total inability to handle the conditions.

way too clumsy, unable to secure or maintain possession and gave ourselves no chance with an under 13s skill level. i can accept that it's not easy when the ball turns to soap for much of the match but richmond clearly managed it better.

or

he was knocked out. i wouldn't imagine a broken jaw would be required on top of that to consider severe impact.

I disagree. We pressed hard for most of that second half and the time we spent in our forward half was pretty high. We had a series of inside fifties and got nothing for them due to a combination of dumb ball use and crap conditions.

The effort was there we weren't just good enough.

pretty much my sentiments too..sure it was bloody, muddy and pug ugly..and frustrating and hugely disappointing. but they tried all night long in terrible conditions. richmond skills and ball handling had the edge in weather that was a leveller. but we toed to toed it for the whole game. last time we were thrashed by them!? we havent got our best 22 out there, weve been unsettled most of season, turning over the list, in transition, sh#t conditions, i think it coudve been a lot worse.
and yeh, right, lycett wouldve made a huge difference - give us a break!!
if the weather was fine, we mightve got thrashed again? we mightve pulled one off for cox? we'll never know.
seasons over and as someone said was over sometime ago..its a team in rebuilding mode with a new coach- its what people wished for, some just cant handle the pain. this coming preseason is definitive for coach and players.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back