List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been rumoured to be after Kyle Martin, Ben Kennedy and now this guy.

They are all very similar!

KM 168cm - 76kg
BK 174cm - 74kg
JW 176cm - 72kg
Martin is 180cm, you are after Martin and Kennedy for different reasons you were looking at Martin because he is a good player not getting an opportunity at the pies and you will be looking at Kennedy, Broomhead, Grundy and Scharenberg every time they are coming out of contract as they are South Australians and you will try and bring them home.

Martin is 180cm, you are after Martin and Kennedy for different reasons you were looking at Martin because he is a good player not getting an opportunity at the pies and you will be looking at Kennedy, Broomhead, Grundy and Scharenberg every time they are coming out of contract as they are South Australians and you will try and bring them home.

Sorry that was a typo - was meant to be 178cm

They are clones!

Cheers for the info though. I wonder if we'll end up with any of these three after the trade period.

Sorry that was a typo - was meant to be 178cm

They are clones!

Cheers for the info though. I wonder if we'll end up with any of these three after the trade period.
Most likely to get Williams, Martin is about to re-sign and Kenno is getting a game now so he will probably stay

Really?
All the other players seem to talk about how they love where the club is heading etc etc.
Now i know some of that is media fluff, but surely they cant all be talking crap.

The ones who say it and mean it would still say the same thing if they didn't. So they're definitely not all talking crap, but you will never hear a different viewpoint while a player is still at the club. It's very rare for a player to bag the club publicly even after they've moved on.

Decent article about Tex being against free agency.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...den-the-gap-taylor-walker-20140725-zwjah.html

Also that he bought the Alma with Roo, Sloane and Danger.

The pair, along with Rory Sloane, have become partners with Adelaide hall of famer and now club director Mark Ricciuto in Norwood's Alma Hotel. Walker said the former Crows' captain had been a mentor who had become a friend over his injury lay-off.

Seriously, how good is Roo? Getting these boys, these critical 3 guns, tied up in his business to try to lock them in to the club. He is dead set going to be the savior of the AFC. Knighthood I reckon.

Sure - that's the power of potential. But equally, it's the risk. He could be Nick Reiwoldt or he could be Jack Reiwoldt. Danger's value overall sits in between the contributions of those two, and you don;t know which Cameron will be.

Neither Jack or Nick were all australian key forwards in just their 2nd season and at age 20

Bigs take longer but danger had not achieved as much at same age.

All Australian KPF at 20. 2nd year. In a crappy expansion team.

Wayne Carey wasn't AA at 20.

Who knows what the future holds but right now? Wow

Tend to agree. Just hoping GWS think Lynch kicks 10 goals vs everyone and don't watch our other games!
GWS might be keen.

A 220 goal season is nothing to be sneezed at

Neither Jack or Nick were all australian key forwards in just their 2nd season and at age 20

Very true. I get that people don't want to trade Danger for him but to try and angle it that Cameron isn't an absolute must have is just crazy

If I was in Danger's shoes, I would be leaving it til early in the final year of my contract ... as footy clubs destiny can change very quickly.

There is a bit of uncertainty occurring with AFC as we need a new CEO, along with Board changes - biggest changes in a decade.

Let the dust settle, make sure all is heading the right Roo direction & sign up to the club's biggest ever long-term deal early in the pre-season.
Yeah it all sounds good until he says at the last minute nah I don't like the direction the clubs going in and leaves as a free agent for pick 14 or 15, no thanks.

I thought I would add seeing most of you would never of seen him play he is a mid with good speed and a slight build, he is able to in his own ball and while he may not rack up the numbers like some players he very rarely wastes the footy by hand or foot.

Sounds a decent player. How far is he off collingwood main side?

Right now not so wow.
It kind of does matter that it's only one season, GWS don't warrant a lot of respect this was especially the case in 2013.
GWS got smashed all year leaving plenty of junk time goals for our champ when teams took their foot off the pedal and of course he was the best avenue.

After a stand out year you get a lot more opposition respect and the cheap goals you were getting dry up as players have had a good look at you.
Already having performing KPFs at the club to me the idea of trading out our best player equates to a net loss.
He clearly is a great talent but Danger isn't done improving nor are our KPFs.

Right now not so wow.
It kind of does matter that it's only one season, GWS don't warrant a lot of respect this was especially the case in 2013.
GWS got smashed all year leaving plenty of junk time goals for our champ when teams took their foot off the pedal and of course he was the best avenue.

After a stand out year you get a lot more opposition respect and the cheap goals you were getting dry up as players have had a good look at you.
Already having performing KPFs at the club to me the idea of trading out our best player equates to a net loss.
He clearly is a great talent but Danger isn't done improving nor are our KPFs.

Do you have any evidence that Cameron's goals were in junk time? And if so why do you think this evidence was not available to the AA selectors?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sounds like a guess
That sounds like stubbornness.
Take a good look at the quarter by quarter break downs for GWS games, if you don't think that is evidence
I'm not saying they are all in junk time just a considerable amount of them would be due to how soundly they were flogged and played with by sides.
Get so far ahead in the first go to sleep kill them after the half, rest your players it's only GWS the bye week with a percentage boost for half decent sides.

Taylor Walkers 2012 was better then Cameron's 2013. Sure he was 2 years older but Cameron was given the opportunity a lot earlier. Taylor's opportunities were limited due to Craig. People will argue that Cameron was playing in an average side. But look at the skill level of that mid field. The delivery Cameron received is a lot better then that of Adelaide.
Taylor Walker will get back to his best form and Jenkins seems to improve with every game.
I would love to see Cameron come to Adelaide but I don't see him as a "must get"

Nothing further your honour
Evidence is quite etheral and exists around perception and agreement, if one person puts his fingers in his ears and closes his eyes it doesn't exist and isn't recognized.
I'm not trawling back through the most terrible games of the 2013 season to detail every time there was a scott welsh special served up.
The simplest thing you can look at is the quarter by quarter breakdown and his goals in the game.
AA are not immune to hype nor are they immune to being expansion apologists, his disposal average isn't something extra special, he didn't exactly have to kill it or turn games to make AA he just had high goal tally and ranked well for contested marks, I'm not making a court case here I'm posting on a forum where I assume people aren't complete w***ers.

I wouldn't trade for Cameron, he's got too much perceived value and not enough worth to the club or form.

If the choice is Danger or Cameron...

When people think about Adelaide they think of Dangerfield. He is synonymous with the club. You don't trade him unless he wants out. It would be like trading out Selwood or Pendlebury. Unthinkable. You don't trade a top 5 midfield beast for anything unless you have no choice.

Cameron is a gun, top 5 KPF. But we already have a top 5 KPF. And there are plenty of sides with gun KPFs that are uncompetitive (St Kilda, anyone?) and plenty of flag winning sides who don't have a gun KPF. ALL flag winning sides have gun midfields.

Its fine to say midfielders are a dime a dozen, its true to an extent. But elite midfielders are not. Danger has his down games, he is right on the doorstep of his prime when consistency will come from experience. Right now he's making a lot of silly mistakes that are a crucial stage in that learning process. But I think people would be rudely awakened if faced with watching us throughout the entirety of a season without Dangerfield. If you took our side, added Cameron and subtracted Dangerfield it would be a weaker side.

Taylor's opportunities were limited due to Taylor, nobody else. Revisionist history isn't going to win any arguments.

It isn't revisionist history considering it was the popular opinion at the time. At least in 2011 it was when we had Danger buried at full forward a lack of midfield depth and Tex running around in the SANFL for half a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back