AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I had emailed Wicked Witch about the AI"s kicking in Patch 1.02 that it is way to accurate 90 to 99%, regardless of who is kicking, stats and player ratings don't matter. There is still some hope, this is there response.

"Thanks for the email, we are aware that by making the game harder, the AI is now too good at kicking goals.
We will be looking at all other feedback and considering a patch, especially if there are any other major problems found."
" Kind regards,
Wicked Witch"

Great work. I think one problem for us will be it costs a chunk of money to get even a simple patch out of the door. I wouldn't be surprised if WW wait a while to see what else they would need to include...by which time it would be tempting to hold off and update the lists and release another pack next year. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe Sony and MS have a grace period where they don't charge as much for a minor fix after a new patch? I'm not sure how much money that would save though, still need a full re-test which is never cheap.

Great work. I think one problem for us will be it costs a chunk of money to get even a simple patch out of the door. I wouldn't be surprised if WW wait a while to see what else they would need to include...by which time it would be tempting to hold off and update the lists and release another pack next year. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe Sony and MS have a grace period where they don't charge as much for a minor fix after a new patch? I'm not sure how much money that would save though, still need a full re-test which is never cheap.
I can't see another patch being released, I think it's more likely WW will move on to Live 3 (unless big ant are back for 3 which I think is unlikely unfortunately)

I can't see another patch being released, I think it's more likely WW will move on to Live 3 (unless big ant are back for 3 which I think is unlikely unfortunately)

My tip - lock it in the vault!

2015 - another pack from WW (or a dodgy 'AFL 3' built on the same engine)
2016 - early season promise of a next gen AFL game with smoke and mirrors around the developer then nothing that year
2017 - our first next gen AFL title, developed by the newly merged Wicked Ant!

Jokes. Who knows who will make it. Btw...what ever happened to Tru Blu saying that they created and own the code to AFL 2? Is that still meant to be the official version of how it was developed?

I went to play after a fair while off and my career player is gone. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: I found him, the game just changed his name......

Background story: I consider myself good based on the fact I am in the top 10 in Afl Live 2 online. I have never been able to win on legendary yet. I seem to always trail by 10 points or been in front by 6 points and then lose it. This is due to these issues that must be looked at. (I believe the majority will agree with me.). This the the summary of what needs to be fixed and is the best summary out there.

What 100 percent need to be fixed NOW:

1. Manning up the CHF on legendary or any mode. I never win with that CHF also free, and it doesn't help when he kicks at 100 percent accuracy from 50 meters!!!!
2. The Ruckman hits to the same spot and it is really impossible to stop. This can be fixed by a different mid set up. (Afl Live 1 mid set up, If I recall was so balanced). Seriously, countless times on legendary in particular; They hit it to the same player in their mid and then they kick it to there loose CHF to score an easy goal. The issue is that they pass it to the same spot which is impossible to stop at times

3. They never miss a set shot (conversion is like 99 percent)...... Seriously, this needs to be fixed.

4. Lag is really annoying. The game lags for like 6 seconds at times.

5. At least give us a ruck knock win every now and again we should at least win it 20-30 percent of the time... (Current they are at 98 percent ruck percentage win)
6. (Not major issue for me) But should be fixed: The inability to snap or banana. This is an AFL game and you cannot do this???
If there is to be another patch to fix these problem I suggest adding:

1. A successful tagging option; I felt like Afl Lives 1 was a good concept but useless (Didn't really work). I really want that added it could be fun.

These sums up what needs to be fixed. If you fix these then this game is complete and better than AFL Live 1. I would be happy to pay money for these issue to be fixed.

Last edited:
I had to abandon my first season on the game because I had to actually play (or start then abort) every single match to progress. i.e. all nine games each round. Playing a season without the NAB Cup seemed to fix it.

I haven't read every post but I'm guessing I'm not the only one to have seen this?

not played the game for a while,now the patch/DLC is available, is it worth spending the $$$ to get the DLC? also, whats the latest (if anything) on a possible AFL Live 3?

I have yet to install patch 1.02. Is there any way I can back up 1.01 so I can go back if I hate 1.02?

Sadly I don't think so. Either stuck on 1.01 forever or with a choice of 1.0 or 1.02 if you uninstall.

Played again last night. I don't understand why the CHF just stands there 10 meters in the clear. Takes me back to the bad old days where whoever wins the ruck kicks the next goal. Is there any way to make your defenders man up properly? Anyone?

Yep, play AFL Live 1 :p

It's where I'm headed but I will complete at least one season of any AFL game no matter how frustrating or disappointing. Also I'm curious about why some people say AFL 2 is better - at the moment I have no idea what they are on about so I'm still looking for the 'good stuff'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still can't for the life of me understand how anyone can say AFL live 2 is better. It baffles me.

Still makes me incredibly sad that big ant never got to go further, as they laid the foundation for a truly great afl game

Anyone know how I can get in contact with the publishers to sort out the distribution of the DLC?

I'm in the UK and regardless of whether I go straight from the game itself, or through microsoft store, I can't get the DLC. Going through the store I get a message saying it's not available in my country. This is a mistake though - the same mistake happened with AFL 1, and the DLC for AFL but it got fixed quite quickly. Same for the AFL2 game, and got fixed within a day. Now the DLC though has been out a while and I can't get it.

I had emailed Wicked Witch about the AI"s kicking in Patch 1.02 that it is way to accurate 90 to 99%, regardless of who is kicking, stats and player ratings don't matter. There is still some hope, this is there response.

"Thanks for the email, we are aware that by making the game harder, the AI is now too good at kicking goals.
We will be looking at all other feedback and considering a patch, especially if there are any other major problems found."
" Kind regards,
Wicked Witch"

How did you get in touch with them? I'm unable to get the DLC (see my post above), although not sure if WW can help.

Staggering that a new patch has been released only seven weeks ago, finals are around the corner and this thread gets barely a post a week. Says it all really.

Staggering that a new patch has been released only seven weeks ago, finals are around the corner and this thread gets barely a post a week. Says it all really.

Same goes for Don Bradman cricket, and that's played all over the world. Not a soul online.

At least AFL Live 2 works without crashing every time...

Get back to work ;)

or you could just play AFL Live 1 - plenty online via "the hub"....

Only I can't, because for some reason it doesn't let folk in the UK find fellow gamers in Australia. Tried to co-ordinate with 2 others a couple of times, it always looks on my side as if there is nobody online.
A shame, because comments suggest that the online side of AFL 1 was the best bit.

How did you get in touch with them? I'm unable to get the DLC (see my post above), although not sure if WW can help.

I live in Spain and I'm in a similar situation to you i.e. able to download the patch but not purchase the DLC. I contacted the developers Wicked Witch at info@wicked-witch.com.au and a guy called Daniel replied. He said that they were looking into why the DLC wasn't available abroad and also that they were discussing a patch for the AI. They're collecting feedback, so it probably wouldn't do any harm for you to email them too - I have several times, and they've always got back to me quickly and politely. BTW, have you lost the players' names from commentary since downloading the patch? I have, and they told me it may be a consequence of having the patch but not the DLC.

I live in Spain and I'm in a similar situation to you i.e. able to download the patch but not purchase the DLC. I contacted the developers Wicked Witch at info@wicked-witch.com.au and a guy called Daniel replied. He said that they were looking into why the DLC wasn't available abroad and also that they were discussing a patch for the AI. They're collecting feedback, so it probably wouldn't do any harm for you to email them too

Thanks I'll try emailing. It's just irritating that the same mistake happened on AFL 1 DLC then on AFL 2 also - even if the designers have changed the publishers are the same people I believe?

BTW, have you lost the players' names from commentary since downloading the patch? I have, and they told me it may be a consequence of having the patch but not the DLC.

No I haven't lost them all, but a small number have been lost or overwritten. Stephen Milne for example, when he gets the ball or kicks a goal it says nothing - I'm guessing they've removed his name from the patched commentary on the assumption it only needs to work with 2014 lists. Strangely though I played a game vs Freo earlier, and Griffen ended up in the ruck, and the commentator kept calling him Petrenko. So I suspect that whatever identifier is used by the game engine to identify a player and map to a commentary name, has been messed with during the patch & list update, so if you only get one (as we have) it gets confused.

Also noted:
The Good
  • Players appearance seems to have been worked on (or new cut scenes make it easier to see) - players really have a good likeness, Patton and Cameron recognisable, Sean Dempster has the tanned zombie look, that's a really good job.
The Bad
  • Opponent takes mark 65m out. Kicks to an unmarked Pavlich 30m out - the FB went to the sticks and stayed there. Same frustrating problem as before.
  • Have played 5 games so far post-patch, in 4 of them opponent kicked perfect from every mark inside 50.
  • The commentary in-season seems ok, but in one-off single games its crazy - the commentators signed off halfway through the 2nd Qtr declaring that was all for today, then seconds later welcomed everyone to the ground.
  • I dont understand the comments from others regarding being impossible to win ruck contests - Im finding the opposite, that they are easy if you just punch every time.

Only I can't, because for some reason it doesn't let folk in the UK find fellow gamers in Australia. Tried to co-ordinate with 2 others a couple of times, it always looks on my side as if there is nobody online.
A shame, because comments suggest that the online side of AFL 1 was the best bit.

Should take this to the AFL Live 1 thread, I would say you'd be able to have games with the guys from "The Hub" as private matches for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back