List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vickery lookin the goods. Me thinks might b a late bloomer.
Hypotheticaly pick 21 + Gears for Vicks and then take Petracca with our first.
Richmond can have jones aswell.
I dont want us to spend our first pick on a forward unless its Cameron
10/10 troll

Rush Hour Melbourne podcast either on your phone or triple m website. About 17:30 in.
Sounded a bit disappointed when talking about it, maybe he still hopes for it to happen. :D

Barracked for Melbourne but wanted to be drafted by St Kilda. :p

My mistake, I should've known that from the GWS flag next to your username.
All good, I have explained here before, a number of times.
80 - 90 percent of GWS members started out as Sydney based AFL fans who can't see their "own" team play more than once a year.
United by our hatred for the swans.. mostly ;)

I just can't rate Patton like I rate Boyd, he just looked so imposing last year and the ACL scares me ala Mr Kreuzer.

Throw pick 1 and maybe Gilbo for Boyd and from there try and work a trade to get back another pick under 20 with another club.

All good, I have explained here before, a number of times.
80 - 90 percent of GWS members started out as Sydney based AFL fans who can't see their "own" team play more than once a year.
United by our hatred for the swans.. mostly ;)

No real Saint would bring up the name Duthie. You might be formally a Saints supporter but you've gone to the dark side.

GWS didnt play nice on Bruce & it resulted in STK missing out on drafting Tom Langdon. They wanted STK to pay as much as possible for a kid they weren't playing & get a pick they wouldn't use.

I couldn't care less for GWS, if STK or any other club can manipulate any of their players into leaving then thats great. They manipulated the mini draft & bent the rules so they deserve it in spades in return.

I hope Patton & Boyd both see out their contracts in 2015 then shoot through & GWS get a pittance of their worth.

No real Saint would bring up the name Duthie. You might be formally a Saints supporter but you've gone to the dark side.

GWS didnt play nice on Bruce & it resulted in STK missing out on drafting Tom Langdon. They wanted STK to pay as much as possible for a kid they weren't playing & get a pick they wouldn't use.

I couldn't care less for GWS, if STK or any other club can manipulate any of their players into leaving then thats great. They manipulated the mini draft & bent the rules so they deserve it in spades in return.

I hope Patton & Boyd both see out their contracts in 2015 then shoot through & GWS get a pittance of their worth.

When I know your credentials I'll give a s**t about your opinion of me and my membership...

After a couple of weeks in the dark, this thread has absolutely delivered today!

It was only recently that Pelchen said that we'd be open to trading our first pick, and Patton or Boyd (or both, or is that getting greedy?) would be well worth it.

Gary Lyon article on pick 1;

The Saints are screaming out for a key-position forward, and finishing last gives them their best chance of doing just that.

If they do, they can then decide, if in fact it is their priority, whether they take Patrick McCartin with their first pick, or whether they go to the Giants with a proposition for, say, Tom Boyd. The Giants are said to be very enamoured with midfield animal Christian Petracca and may entertain a deal with the Saints.

Of course, it also gives St Kilda first pick in the pre-season draft if it is able to attract the attention of an uncontracted star of note.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/thanks...no-disaster-20140725-zwrel.html#ixzz38UPL7xwq

If true on GWS with Petracca and we have pick 1 i reckon we can do a deal for Patton/Boyd.

More like...

ZVyPB42.gif
Now that is a very good way of putting it. Heart attack was worth it for the massive boner.

If we were to use pick 1 (assuming we stay 18th) in the PSD who would you guys pick outside of the obvious names Jaksch and O'Rourke?

Some names who are out of contract: Troy Menzel, Tim Broomhead, Ben Kennedy, Jack Frost, Zac Smith (not that we need him), Luke Russell, Jordan Murdoch, Allen Christensen, Cameron Guthrie, Tom Clurey, Craig Bird, Andrew Gaff.

Unlikely you'd have much chance with some of those names especially Menzel, Smith, Christensen and Guthrie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were to use pick 1 (assuming we stay 18th) in the PSD who would you guys pick outside of the obvious names Jaksch and O'Rourke?

Some names who are out of contract: Troy Menzel, Tim Broomhead, Ben Kennedy, Jack Frost, Zac Smith (not that we need him), Luke Russell, Jordan Murdoch, Allen Christensen, Cameron Guthrie, Tom Clurey, Craig Bird, Andrew Gaff.

Unlikely you'd have much chance with some of those names especially Menzel, Smith, Christensen and Guthrie.
Man I love me some AC

If we had pick 1 last year then we wold have taken Boyd.

So yes to trading it for Boyd this year, but no for Patton. Would rather take Petracca. Then get a decent kpf later on.

Kennedy, Frost and Murdoch.

When I know your credentials I'll give a s**t about your opinion of me and my membership...

Probably the same membership credentials as you but I don't also 'support' another club. I probably should have put a smiley face beside my post of you turning to the dark side. I assumed as many of your posts are pro GWS you were also a member of the giants.

Besides my post wasnt about you, it was about the theory that we should play nice. Thankfully Pelch doesn't do nice & will do everything in his power to get quality players into our club.

No faith that Markworth will come good?

no doubt he's a very talented kid, but he's in the white bucket. all the potential in the world, but is yet to debut. atleast white is a KPP that takes time.

we cant put all our cards on him. if we had a shot at murdoch at the right price, surely we wouldnt turn it down

Vickery lookin the goods. Me thinks might b a late bloomer.
Hypotheticaly pick 21 + Gears for Vicks and then take Petracca with our first.
Richmond can have jones aswell.
I dont want us to spend our first pick on a forward unless its Cameron

I know everyone has a hard on for Boyd/Cameron/Patton, my great hope is to come out of this draft/trade period with Shiel and Petracca, I've seen us lose too many games, finals and grand finals to teams with better and deeper midfields, but forward lines with arguably less talent than ours. I'd rather pay overs for elite midfield talent than for forwards. Doesn't mean I don't rate the forwards just a value choice.

I know everyone has a hard on for Boyd/Cameron/Patton, my great hope is to come out of this draft/trade period with Shiel and Petracca, I've seen us lose too many games, finals and grand finals to teams with better and deeper midfields, but forward lines with arguably less talent than ours. I'd rather pay overs for elite midfield talent than for forwards. Doesn't mean I don't rate the forwards just a value choice.

You may very well be correct, but what happens when Roo goes?

Mind you, we have no idea of how our current crop are rated internally. whilst it is obvious that we are in the hunt for a KPF, we may just surprise and take Petracca... then a lesser KPF - if the club sees it the way that you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back