Game Day Hawthorn v Sydney Swans, MCG, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a long wait for this game. It's the big stage and the whole football world will be watching. Let's remind everyone who is the reigning champion.

By the way, it would be appreciated if everyone could play nice. Emotions will run high, but don't post something you may regret. The mods will be about and they are armed.

It's on and cracking baby

If all goes well then I think we will win and by about 4 to 5 goals. Feeling more and more confident. We ran them close last time and the only thing that went against them was Buddy's kicking. We know more than anyone that can go against them anytime he plays. Saying that if he fires then it's trouble for any team and he loves big game atmospheres. Tonight might remind him what one actually feels like.

We were missing Hodge, Mitchell and we lost Rioli at the start of the third and Gibson injured himself not long after. Sydney have lost Hannebury and Shaw from the side and have gained Pyke.

We are much stronger than our last outing, they are definitely weaker and it is at the MCG, not that poor excuse for a surface out in the wastelands.

Hawks all the way, back to the top of the ladder we go.

Last edited:
I hardly ever miss a game but unfortunately will miss this due to a birthday party. Needless to say I shall be trying to sneak a few peeks at the box.

Good to see Woody debut after early adversity, Rough playing 200 will be primed for a big one.

This promises to be a finals like game with a finals like atmosphere so let's hope the weather does the right thing.

Hawks by 9 points.

I hardly ever miss a game but unfortunately will miss this due to a birthday party. Needless to say I shall be trying to sneak a few peeks at the box.

Good to see Woody debut after early adversity, Rough playing 200 will be primed for a big one.

This promises to be a finals like game with a finals like atmosphere so let's hope the weather does the right thing.

Hawks by 9 points.
I had a birthday party to go to on the night of the 08 QF. I thought i was lucky that it was at a pub. The only TV in the place was a 32 inch thing above the bar. I spent all night getting everyone drinks, which took ages due to the, a'hem, extremely long lines at the bar... People should take a long hard look at themselves having birthday parties when there are big games on.

I had a birthday party to go to on the night of the 08 QF. I thought i was lucky that it was at a pub. The only TV in the place was a 32 inch thing above the bar. I spent all night getting everyone drinks, which took ages due to the, a'hem, extremely long lines at the bar... People should take a long hard look at themselves having birthday parties when there are big games on.

A friends birthday "party" was happening on grand final day last year................. i picked watching the grand final, not a hard choice.

It's been a long wait for this game. It's the big stage and the whole football world will be watching. Let's remind everyone who is the reigning champion.

Been saying this for a while, until we are "knocked out" of the premiership race we are still the defending premier no matter which team is the current "it team". We just need to demonstrate that we mean business.

When any game is on.... And weddings!! I mean who gets married in footy season. C'mon people.

Seriously Hawks by 41!

Goodes is a liability, Stratts should burn him every chance he gets. Limit Jk's influence somewhat and have even inside 50s and we win hansomely. They are slow, have an average defence and are limited to their avenue to goals, very 1 dimensional and reliant on Buddy.

We win , shut the gates.

When any game is on.... And weddings!! I mean who gets married in footy season. C'mon people.

Seriously Hawks by 41!
DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THIS POINT. My dad and I are mad Hawks supporters and missed the 89 GF, yes the holy f*cking grail of football matches, because of his STUPID, SELFISH, NO IDEA B*TCH of a sister having her wedding on the 30th of September, 1989.

I mean c'mon, WTF was she thinking having her wedding on GF day, in the last 80's, when your brother is a mad Hawks supporter. The Hawks making the GF was a surer bet than death and taxes.

To this day I will not call her my aunty. I was shattered then as a kid and I am worse now. SHE WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Serenity now, serenity f*cking now.

DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THIS POINT. My dad and I are mad Hawks supporters and missed the 89 GF, yes the holy f*cking grail of football matches, because of his STUPID, SELFISH, NO IDEA B*TCH of a sister having her wedding on the 30th of September, 1989.

I mean c'mon, WTF was she thinking having her wedding on GF day, in the last 80's, when your brother is a mad Hawks supporter. The Hawks making the GF was a surer bet than death and taxes.

To this day I will not call her my aunty. I was shattered then as a kid and I am worse now. SHE WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I think he got you started on that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on there...... at the MCG there will be Ambos, medical staff, doctors and a medical room. Whats the problem? Can't you sell that?
There is actually no better place to have a baby. You'd be crazy not to take your overdue wife to a footy game.

Last edited:

Hawks by 9 points.
Your voice seems a bit croaky..... sure you are feeling ok? ;-)

There is actually no better place to have a baby. You'd be crazy or to take your overdue wife to a footy game.
and the kid would have a great story to tell growing up. Kind of selfish not to do it really......

Imagine answering the question on all those forms "Place of Birth" with "MCG"!

Last edited:
I know Roughy does a lot around and off the ball, but this would be a great match to get another bag. Roughies 200th, Woodies debut and I think I read its McEvoy's 100th. Hope they all have a night to remember!

I hope we don't have one of the late outs again.

i was being born at about half time during this game, dad was at the pub

I was dragged away by my parents to visit family friends that day. I was 10 years old. Barry Stoneham was a student teacher in my class that year. It was golden, but I missed watching the greatest grand final of them all because of my annoying parents who didn't understand the gravity of the situation.

The answer is si,ple. All photographers, when being booked for a wedding on Grand Final day should reply.
"Sorry. I am booked that day to photograph the Grand Final. However, any other time would be suitable!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back