Summer Transfer Window

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertrand wants out of Chelsea as he is sick of being a backup, so he aint signing for Liverpool to be a back up.

At Chelsea he was behind 2 players in the pecking order (Azpi & Cole), at Liverpool he'd only be rotating with 1 other player so he'd still get plenty of opportunities.

Personally though I don't see the point in signing him as I don't rate him any higher than Enrique or Flanagan.

So the Moreno deal is dead and someone has a 'suspicion' it could be resurrected?

Sounds like Seville wants the 20m they think he's worth (and they dont get it they are happy to hold into him) and you guys aren't prepared to pay it and walked away a while ago.

Mmmm disagree. We had a similar situation with Luis Alberto last summer, we made an initial offer which they refused, we supposedly 'walked away' before coming back with slightly improved terms to get the deal done a few weeks later.

Similarly, many papers (including the Echo & The Times) were reporting in July last year that Sakho wasn't a target anymore as we didn't agree with PSG's valuation of him, and that we were moving on to far cheaper alternatives in De Vrij and Lovren. A month or so later we met the asking price and sealed the deal for the Frenchman. I'm sure there's a certain element of these journalists being used to plant stories as smokescreens for the club at times - ie "You don't agree with our offer? That's fine, look at this article from this paper that you know has close ties with our club, we're moving on to cheaper alternatives".

This is why sifting the good from the bad info during the transfer window is such a nightmare!

So the Moreno deal is dead and someone has a 'suspicion' it could be resurrected?

Sounds like Seville wants the 20m they think he's worth (and they dont get it they are happy to hold into him) and you guys aren't prepared to pay it and walked away a while ago.

Mmmm disagree. We had a similar situation with Luis Alberto last summer, we made an initial offer which they refused, we supposedly 'walked away' before coming back with slightly improved terms to get the deal done a few weeks later.

Similarly, many papers (including the Liverpool Echo & The Times) were reporting in July last year that Sakho wasn't a target anymore as we didn't agree with PSG's valuation of him, and that we were moving on to far cheaper alternatives in De Vrij and Lovren. A month or so later we met the asking price and sealed the deal for the Frenchman.

I'm sure there's a certain element of these journalists being used to plant stories as smokescreens for the club at times - ie "You don't agree with our offer? That's fine, look at this article from this paper that you know has close ties with our club, we're not that desperate to sign your player anyway so we're moving on to cheaper alternatives".

This is why sifting the good from the bad info during the transfer window is such a nightmare!

At Chelsea he was behind 2 players in the pecking order (Azpi & Cole), at Liverpool he'd only be rotating with 1 other player so he'd still get plenty of opportunities.

Personally though I don't see the point in signing him as I don't rate him any higher than Enrique or Flanagan.

He started the season as direct comp for the LB spot with Cole, but they were both ditch pretty early in the scene and replaced by a RB(Azpi).

I really doubt he'd want to go to Pool as a backup option, he wants to play every week as a starter so unless he's been told he'd get that with you guys I'm not sure why you'd be after him.

Similarly, many papers (including the Liverpool Echo & The Times) were reporting in July last year that Sakho wasn't a target anymore as we didn't agree with PSG's valuation of him, and that we were moving on to far cheaper alternatives in De Vrij and Lovren. A month or so later we met the asking price and sealed the deal for the Frenchman.

I'm sure there's a certain element of these journalists being used to plant stories as smokescreens for the club at times - ie "You don't agree with our offer? That's fine, look at this article from this paper that you know has close ties with our club, we're not that desperate to sign your player anyway so we're moving on to cheaper alternatives".

Yeah, it is a nightmare.

Not sure why you guys don't just pay the difference and grab him early and get him in the side for the preseason as he's a quality player who'll be around for a number of years. Bertrand is really Villa standard.

Evans Is very reliable. Many thought we walked away from Lovren as well a few weeks latter he is signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Di Maria looks to be getting pissy waiting on PSG to sort out a deal with RM. Strong enough rumours suggest Man Utd could swoop in.

Would be amazingballs.

Bertrand has proved he is a very capable player in his opportunities with us, and that included some very big games. He isn't exactly the donkey many Liverpool supporters are making him out to be.

Di Maria looks to be getting pissy waiting on PSG to sort out a deal with RM. Strong enough rumours suggest Man Utd could swoop in.

Would be amazingballs.

Need him more than Vidal. I want De Vrij and Blind as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back