No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure whether to laugh or break something... The HTB are convinced this is a ghost write from James and there dead set certianty infuriates me... Why the hell is our business so juicey to them that they become pathological?

Is there anyone here that thinks James has had a tantrum to Robbo...?
Ask yourself why do you go to the HTB? Why not just eat broken glass, same effect.

Stupid article by Robbo, I think.

Robbo all but admitted on radio this morning that all this could just be in his head, in his belief in club culture & his fear that Essendon are about to do to Hird what Hawthorn did to Brereton.

Stupid, careless, lots of words appropriate to describe that article & they equally apply to his papers decision to publish player names earlier this year.

All about the headline & damn the consequences.

Ask yourself why do you go to the HTB? Why not just eat broken glass, same effect.

I know... I think I actually feel sorry for them... I like to balance the argument by absorbing both sides...

What blows me away though is a lot of them are smart intelligent people on other topic's but mention us as in EFC, james, supplements or even supporters and they become evangelist's... Its frightening...

I know... I think I actually feel sorry for them... I like to balance the argument by absorbing both sides...

What blows me away though is a lot of them are smart intelligent people on other topic's but mention us as in EFC, james, supplements or even supporters and they become evangelist's... Its frightening...

They're fine, balanced, intelligent and empathetical people, it's just that you're seeing them with a biased view due to being balls deep in the Cult of Hird, dincha know?

Rohan Connelly was great this arvo on SEN, especially with his comments regarding the blurring of lines between opinion pieces & factual reporting, which he admits has been getting worse the longer this saga has dragged on.

I know he is Essendon person but he seems to be the only one of his profession happy to call it like it really is & leave any bias out of his opinions.

So, did purple really say on the radio today that he is on the anti Essendon bandwagon?

Pock faced campaigner

Club has played it smart, Robbo has missed the point. Hird will be well and truly involved just won't appear on the training track and coach's box. Still plenty he can do to help this year. Somrtimes it's just a matter of perception.
Precisely. Robbo may or may not be aware of our angle but this way Caro, foamers and casual observers alike will all feel as though James has rightfully put in his place by the club and had his initial punishment expanded upon internally. Realistically James would be right in the thick of everything that is happening at the club and is free to do so without media scrutiny or distracting sideshow. I say well played EFC.

Rohan Connelly was great this arvo on SEN, especially with his comments regarding the blurring of lines between opinion pieces & factual reporting, which he admits has been getting worse the longer this saga has dragged on.

I know he is Essendon person but he seems to be the only one of his profession happy to call it like it really is & leave any bias out of his opinions.
Heard that too. Was a fair comment. He really took KB on a bit today.

I flicked over to one and a half men on MMM(Duck and Damo) and surprisingly they were talking about Essendon. Duck was saying Hird should have walked straight back in and that we should have used his knowledge of the team and his ability to bring the team together. He then said that the players would want him back. Damo said he was just saying that and that Duck didn't know that to be the case. Damo then said he knows for a fact that there are players that don't want Hird back. Okey mate, I'm sure you'd know more than Robbo who would have genuine inside knowledge (Robbo says the players and Bomber wanted him back straight away but it was the board who decided against it)...

I listened to MMM for a few minutes this afternoon.

Wayne Carey and Damian Barrett were talking about Hird's return, and the snippets that caught my attention were:

- Barrett claiming he's spoken to "people at the club" that have told him that the players don't want Hird back in 2014. Now if that's the case I can certainly understand it (it's been well covered by others), but he repeatedly said that he has "sources" at the club. For one, bullshit. Secondly, you absolutely cannot report this as "fact" (his word) if you haven't even spoken to the players themselves
- He said that the club has banned Hird from being at the club for 2014. This despite the club stating very clearly that the very opposite is true, and has done so since the beginning of the year.
- He had a crack at Heppell for "towing the company line" (paraphrasing). This is the bloke that's got his head so far up the AFL's arse, I can't tell tell where he ends and they begin.

Then in unrelated news, he had his token attempt at saving face by criticising the AFL and their experiment with NRL players.

His argument was that it cost the AFL too much money to sign Hunt and Folau. This is despite it being well established that the AFL more than made back their investment in sponsorships, attendances, appearances and merchandise.

The guy struggles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

norf supporter, nuff said
xaxbpe.png

Wayne Carey and Damian Barrett were talking about Hird's return, and the snippets that caught my attention were:

- Barrett claiming he's spoken to "people at the club" that have told him that the players don't want Hird back in 2014. Now if that's the case I can certainly understand it (it's been well covered by others), but he repeatedly said that he has "sources" at the club. For one, bullshit. Secondly, you absolutely cannot report this as "fact" (his word) if you haven't even spoken to the players themselves
- He said that the club has banned Hird from being at the club for 2014. This despite the club stating very clearly that the very opposite is true, and has done so since the beginning of the year.
- He had a crack at Heppell for "towing the company line" (paraphrasing). This is the bloke that's got his head so far up the AFL's arse, I can't tell tell where he ends and they begin.

Then in unrelated news, he had his token attempt at saving face by criticising the AFL and their experiment with NRL players.

His argument was that it cost the AFL too much money to sign Hunt and Folau. This is despite it being well established that the AFL more than made back their investment in sponsorships, attendances, appearances and merchandise.

The guy struggles.
The best in the business and he has a Walkley!

*, ain't that depressing.

The guy struggles.

No he hasn't.

Essendon confidential: 11 to see ASADA documents

Eleven Essendon board members and senior figures will have access to confidential documents supplied by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority as part of the court case brought by the Bombers and James Hird.

Justice John Middleton, the judge hearing the case, has released the court orders detailing who will be allowed access to key documents. The Bombers and Hird allege that the joint investigation by the AFL and ASADA last year into the club's supplements program was illegal.

Middleton has ruled that any information "discovered, produced or filed" by ASADA will be available not only to Essendon's lawyers but also to club chairman Paul Little, his deputy Paul Brasher and fellow club directors Jo-Anne Albert, Chris Heffernan, Greg Brown, Kevin Egan, Phil Pryor, Darryl Jackson and Simon Madden provided they sign a confidentiality agreement.

Newly promoted chief executive Xavier Campbell and media and marketing chief Justin Rodski will also be granted access should they also agree to confidentiality.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...a-documents-20140726-zx5t1.html#ixzz38a07Exqy

HEFF AND J.RIZZLE???

HOW CAN WE LOSE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back