Preview Faceoff Round 18 Adelaide vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

seems like an eternity since the last game... waiting waiting waiting...are we there yet?
is this the first game of the new (post Trigg) era or dust still settling...
GO Crows!

It's the start to a new beginning
Crows will win by plenty
The changes off field have been a breath of fresh air for the club

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Thommo is out, I hope to Christ they give Lyons a full game in the middle.
I think this might be the right call. Lyons in the same game last year was outstanding kicking 4 goals and being one of the Crows best players. Only 4 goal kickers last year with Lynch 4, Lyons 4, Porplyzia 3 and Douglas 1... Hoping to see a more even contribution now with Betts, Walker, and Pods added to that forward structure.

Also Swan (31 possessions and 2 goals), Luke Ball (30 possessions and a goal) are big losses through that midfield

Fat chance of that. Why would they change their tune re Lyons now?

I agree. You need to be able to run well to play on the MCG as well, lyons will struggle on the big ground if played in the middle. Although he did kick 4 as a forward last year, so you never know

re-watch the game agst port
which one? Presumably you're not talking about last years game when he put on one of the best sub displays the league has seen since the its introduction?

I agree. You need to be able to run well to play on the MCG as well, lyons will struggle on the big ground if played in the middle. Although he did kick 4 as a forward last year, so you never know
So just rotate him with likes of Douglas & Wright through midfield & forward line.

Probably sub though.

Laird just has to be the sub, he was very lucky to keep his spot this week and would have been last man selected.
Depends whether Smith plays back or in the midfield.

Btw. Would prefer Smith than Laird on pendles as has the height & class to match

With the Suns getting demolished and with North going down, this match is now the biggest of the season so far for us. If we can win this, we are in the box seat to play finals footy and if we can knock off North in round 22, a home final is up for grabs. We need to win this first though and I am as nervous as *.

With the Suns getting demolished and with North going down, this match is now the biggest of the season so far for us. If we can win this, we are in the box seat to play finals footy and if we can knock off North in round 22, a home final is up for grabs. We need to win this first though and I am as nervous as ****.

Me too! Our team has teased us enough this year. Time to deliver on the promise. We should win this easily, but we've been so inconsistent this year that it'll be a case of sweaty palms all game.
I tipped Brisbane for a win and with the head, not heart.

Thompson out certainly helps Collingwood that extra bit now. Unfortunate for him as he stops on 99 games consecutive. Add the fact in he's one of our best players.

With the Suns getting demolished and with North going down, this match is now the biggest of the season so far for us. If we can win this, we are in the box seat to play finals footy and if we can knock off North in round 22, a home final is up for grabs. We need to win this first though and I am as nervous as ****.

Just the type of game we haven't showed up for all year. Must turn it around here or questions have to be asked. Have to come out like a bull at a gate from the first bounce, not suddenly realise we're in the middle of a footy game at half time.

Caught the same plane as the players!

Very exciting. I got 19/23 autographs, a pic with Sloane and Tex, got to chat to Sando for 15 minutes about my thoughts on selection and got the whole plane to sing Pride of South Australia on the way in to Melbourne.

Ok, I didn't do any of those things.

We could get a home final if we were to finish 8th too ;)

Just the type of game we haven't showed up for all year. Must turn it around here or questions have to be asked. Have to come out like a bull at a gate from the first bounce, not suddenly realise we're in the middle of a footy game at half time.

spot on matty, all year we have pumped ourselves up for a big game in Melbourne and delivered s**t. im super worried about tomorrow, and our record at the g is terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back