Autopsy Hawks vs Buddy Boy and the COLA kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-match media: Sydney boast too many options up front in Buddy, Tippett, Goodes, Reid, etc.

Post-match media: Who the farck is Reid? Did he even play?

Got a better offer.....went to the bowls club for tea.

Last edited:

While Silk only hit pay dirt once up forward tonight, his value once again was unquestionable. Against the Swans he really has to play forward as they don't have a match up at all for him.

That was just beautiful to watch. I thought we were seriously up against it tonight. No Lake to control one of the Bondi billionaires, no Rioli, fighting against COLA and dodgy umpiring, no worries!
I kept thinking the whole time tonight, We're putting it right up to them, but COLA's gunna get us in the end. Our determination and will to win at all costs was almost 80s like tonight. Magnificent!

Was nice to see Suckling limit himself to the merely very very good, instead of looking for the nearly miraculous option.

Now if we can only turn Langford into an elite user, we'll be sitting pretty. He certainly gets enough of it.

Reading the Sydney board, it seems the reason they lost were many outs. Funny, seems like the loss of Cyril, Sewell, Lake and so on, didn't stop our run....

Be right back, going to their forum to feed on their tears some more...:D

Good win. There were a few pretty piss poor pieces of umpiring that I can nail down:

• Gunston completely shepherded out of the marking contest in the goal square when the ball was in flight. No free.
  • 'hands in the back' against Gunston
  • Goodes barreling into a players back who had just taken a mark. Ball spills - no free
And - despite my hate for Goodes

• Goodes not being payed the mark in the goal square in the last.

Woody looked good when he came on.

Was nice to see Suckling limit himself to the merely very very good, instead of looking for the nearly miraculous option.

Now if we can only turn Langford into an elite user, we'll be sitting pretty. He certainly gets enough of it.

Agree 100%. He is quite young still.

The kid has so much potential just in his level of commitment and discipline. Wonder where that came from.......?

A bit of polish can be added to his disposal and a few more games to put a wiser head on his shoulders and he should play quite a few games in the B & G jumper.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win. There were a few pretty piss poor pieces of umpiring that I can nail down:

• Gunston completely shepherded out of the marking contest in the goal square when the ball was in flight. No free.
  • 'hands in the back' against Gunston
  • Goodes barreling into a players back who had just taken a mark. Ball spills - no free
And - despite my hate for Goodes

The worst umpiring decision was when Hill was legged 10m directly in front of goal. It was a clear cut decision that was not paid. Lucky Roughie snapped the goal and it didn't hurt.

We don't really have many injuries anymore. I don't know why the media keeps mentioning our injuries, we're just missing Sewell, Rioli, Lake, Spangher and Whitecross really.

I wish our captain was as courageous as Jarrod McGhey

Is this bloke the softest prick in the AFL?

I have never seen him get a hardball.

Yep $hitney have gotten away with having a few receivers/passengers for 3 or 4 years now.

They were just squaring up the holding they didn't pay against Richards on Rough in a similar position.

Just on the goodes non-mark
Am I the only one that thought he never actually controlled it?
That's what a mark is after all

Anyway, the best bit of the game tonight, was not on the field

It was he unity in the stands
I've never been to a game so 1-sided for the hawks
I think at least 65k were our fans
It probably got our players over the line in the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back