Autopsy Hawks vs Buddy Boy and the COLA kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Skipped half the pages so not sure if he's been recognised yet...

Puopolo was amazing tonight. Never stopped running or harassing even during our quiet 2nd quarter. Won't be recognised in the Brownlow voting but I'm hoping the coaches votes reflect his contribution. His pressure was immense and a key reason their forwards weren't able to get clean service. He was also dangerous pushing forward.
Totally agree. That goal he kicked in the second was a momentum changer and the way he kicked it was a team lifter.

Last edited:

YOU *IN' LITTLE RIPPA!!!!!

Magnificent atmosphere, loved cheering, shouting, booing, the works and what a brilliant second half of that third quarter after looking iffy there once AotY got his trademark cheapies. A big FK YOU to yet another review, also.

Onya Roughy for turning it around after shanking a handful after your first one, good to see. Loved him getting the first one and letting Bud know about it. Smith was brilliant, Burgyone's intercept mark and resulting goal late in the last was a gem and Hodgey's steadier/sealer with a few min to go was a trademark captain's goal.

We're obviously exposed still to the high ball but our speed on the big ground shone through as the game wore on and those taller blokes started to lose legs. Lewis a great game too.

Over 72k, boy oh boy wowee, what a crowd.

CARN A HAWKS!

Hoping Woody keeps his spot for next two games!
We came back from 23 points down againts the best team in the whole universe and still won.
Had we kicked straight in the fist term though we could be sitting on top!

If the they were not gifted the touched goal we would have been sitting on top of the ladder
I cant remember getting so angry at a game over a decision ever...How can the goal umpire admit it was touched, McGlynn admitted it was touched, and then the field umpire steps in calling for the video review which shows it was touched than it comes back as a non conclusive and the field umpire overrules the goal umpires decision to call it a goal:mad:
Doesn't the goal unpire have the final say when the video review comes back non conclusive??o_O What a joke this game is becoming...And a few other dicisions like Gunstons clear mark on the wing in the second quarter been called a push in the back:mad:

McGlynn's controversial goal
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sy...sic-match-at-mcg/story-fndv8ujy-1227002808903
Anyways against all odds we still won a crucial game were all the so called experts could not see us winning, and with an underman back line against the so called best COLA forward line in the league:D
Congratulations on Roughys 200th excellent game by him..True loyal team men he is..
Also a special mention to Gibson what a star to miss so much footy and play like that in his first game back was just great to watch...
Lewis and Poupolo what a year they've both having.:)
Also apart from the obvious players Bruest, Smith, Mitchell, Hodge, Birchall, and good to see Stratton take some strong crucial marks, much better game from him tonight..
I've said this many times before I'll say it again Gus is going to be a star and i can seriously see him one day playing in the midfield been a top clearance player, he's got it all speed, makes good decisions while under pressure and is gifted with very good kicking skills....
Good win GO HAWKS Back to Back here we come...
PS...Clarko is a mastermind...

Last edited:
Just on the goodes non-mark
Am I the only one that thought he never actually controlled it?
That's what a mark is after all

Anyway, the best bit of the game tonight, was not on the field

It was he unity in the stands
I've never been to a game so 1-sided for the hawks
I think at least 65k were our fans
It probably got our players over the line in the end

And I had a Swans supporter sitting next to me on the flight back to Perth . . . thank you QANTAS!

If the they were not gifted the touched goal we would have been sitting on top of the ladder
I cant remember getting so angry at a game over a decision ever...How can the goal umpire admit it was touched, McGlyin admitted it was touched, and then the field umpire steps in calling for the video review which shows it was touched than it comes back as a non conclusive and the field umpire overrules the goal umpires decision to call it a goal:mad:
Doesn't the goal unpire have the final say when the video review comes back non conclusive??o_O What a joke this game is becoming...And a few other dicisions like Gunstons clear mark on the wing in the second quarter been called a push in the back:mad:
Anyways against all odds we still won a crucial game were all the so called experts could not see us winning, and with an underman back line against the so called best COLA forward line in the league:D
Congratulations on Roughys 200th excellent game by him..True loyal team men he is..
Also a special mention to Gibpson what a star to miss so much footy and play like that in his first game back was just great to watch...
Lewis and Poupolo what a year they've both having.:)
Also apart from the obvious players Bruest, Smith, Mitchell, Hodge, Birchall..
I've said this many times before I'll say it again Gus is going to be a star and i can seriously see him one day playing in the midfield been a top clearance player, he's got it all speed, quick makes good decisions under pressure accommodated with very good kicking skills....
Good win GO HAWKS Back to Back here we come...
PS...Clarko is a mastermind...
Re: the score review, I thought the same as you at the ground, but coming home and watching on the replay it turns out the goal umpire's call was a goal, so with the inconclusive vision the decision to award the goal was fair enough. It was just the idiot announcer at the 'G who advised the crowd that the goal umpire's original call was touched, meaning we all got riled up when it looked like a BS overturning of the umpire's decision.

Fox have just advertised that they are presenting a two part hour long special titled "Goodes should have been awarded a mark in the last quarter on Saturday night" hosted by Gerard Healy. Apparently they will slow down the non mark to super super duper slow motion and debate that it most certainly should have been awarded a mark and that it cost Sydney the match. Gerard Healy will also state that precedence of favoritism was set when the umpires didn't award a 50m against Shaun Burgoyne for his failure to hear the whistle at the SCG two years ago. Should be riveting viewing.

Watching the replay confirms that Ted Richards is a master at deliberately putting the ball out of bounds without being pinged. Just happens to run back over the line or handballs just a little too high or wide near the boundary a little too often. He should watch Gibbo's tapes to see how to actually take players on.

$$$$$$$$$wans were definitely hard done by from the umpires tonight, I mean the umpires are directed by the owner of the $wans so its hard to imagine they don't have absolutely everything go their way.

Here is some of my personal favourites.

How was this not holding the ball against Hill? Probably cost the $wans the game.
Result: Play on

How dare they call this 'kick' from Kennedy deliberate? Oh thats right, they didn't. Clearly Kennedy was kicking it to a fan wearing an AFL jumper in the stand..... at least thats the only explanation I can come up with. Fair enough though umpires you are very even and fair. In the umpires defense Kennedy's kicks can end up anywhere, he was probably trying to pass it too Franklin in the forward 50.
Result: Throw in

And surely this tackle is holding the man against Teddy Richards. Although the $$$wans do this so regularly that I think they need a new stats column when the AFL franchise team plays. Kicks, Handballs and $wans. 'Kennedy is on fire tonight, 3 clanger kicks and 15 $wans'
Result: Play on

And finally my favourite. Yes Gunston arrived to the contest late, and yes he tried to spoil the ball, and yes poor Teddy Richards fell on the ground and hurt his boo boo. But what the umpire should be asking himself is..... Why was Gunston so late to the contest? (hint: have a look at what's happening to him before the Richards 'mark'
Result: 50m's to Richards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Silk only hit pay dirt once up forward tonight, his value once again was unquestionable. Against the Swans he really has to play forward as they don't have a match up at all for him.

Round 22 2012, Burgoyne lifted us to victory in that game as well.

Think you are on to something there.

Fox have just advertised that they are presenting a two part hour long special titled "Goodes should have been awarded a mark in the last quarter on Saturday night" hosted by Gerard Healy. Apparently they will slow down the non mark to super super duper slow motion and debate that it most certainly should have been awarded a mark and that it cost Sydney the match. Gerard Healy will also state that precedence of favoritism was set when the umpires didn't award a 50m against Shaun Burgoyne for his failure to hear the whistle at the SCG two years ago. Should be riveting viewing.

Why didn't Goodes point at the umpire and have him removed from the venue?

Watching the replay confirms that Ted Richards is a master at deliberately putting the ball out of bounds without being pinged. Just happens to run back over the line or handballs just a little too high or wide near the boundary a little too often. He should watch Gibbo's tapes to see how to actually take players on.

In fairness to Richards, if I was as shyte a player as him I'd be looking for the boundary line every time too.

Some points:

Next time Gibbo plays on Buddy the whole game! When there's someone up his backside he tends to make rash decisions so no more letting him loose!
Lake will towel up Tippett and even snag a goal for all times sake.
Hawthorns running game has been a bit off for the last 8 or 9 weeks but I saw some awesome signs after Half time and we bring that then we win against anyone IMO.
Hannerbery is important but Cyril is a genius so they can't rest on that!

Luke Hodge's last couple of games have been 'Titanic' playing as a true Midfielder! This bloke epitomizes the True Grit we have particularly this season.
That was hands down Pops best game for the club IMO. In everything from the start plus the inclusion of Joffa as the defensive Frwd on Malceski freed the Pumping Legs up and he wreaked all sorts of havoc tonight.
Luke Breust is Gun! How he finds space, how he gets away from tacklers, how side steps and then proceeds to take the best small defendr in the comp to the cleaners with awesome overhead marks is something only the astute Scientists could answer!
And what did Gunston ever do the umpires families that they were basically tagging him all night?

What an awesome win!

Bring in Lake, Spangher, Sewell and Rioli and we will be hard to beat.

We are a hard site to beet now bring them back and we will become unbeatable with a bit of luck...
And with Anderson, Whitecross and some very good young players developing really well at BHH level from what I've seen this year, pick up a couple of star recruits with the money in the clubs account after buddy departed and we can most possibly recreate the HAWKS of the 80' success, if not better..:p
I'm just excited because the feature is really looking good for the Hawks...

Lance Franklin tries to escape the clutches of ex-teammate and good friend Josh Gibson. Picure: AFL Media

That was a free last year;)

1_18HaSy14LC%202534.jpg

HAWTHORN 2.7 4.8 11.11 15.14 (104)

Richards looks washed up, like McPharlin at the Dockers.
I think the Swans may have peaked too early, but we'll see how they go.

Good luck to them for the rest of the year but they look to be carrying a few who will get found out in the finals.

And yes, I say this in reference to all the BS that I've heard and read in the footy media this week about how awesome Sydney are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back