Booing of Adam Goodes tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only natural for the uneducated to boo something they feel threatened by.
Goodes is an absolute champion of the game, probably the most versatile player of all time.
The fact he indigenous, and passionate about his peoples history, has a strong personality and is in no way prejudiced makes him a prime target for the mainstream audience.
We live in such a multi cultural country we should feel privileged we get to experience so many wonderful different cultures, in a safe environment.
Goodesy is going to continue being a presence in the media long after his footy career finishes and will continue to piss people off. But his message is the right one and I like the idea of the population embracing all the different cultures in our country instead of being threatened.

On a footy note, should have been a mark in the last quarter! But it was an awesome game and as I observed the Hawks wanted it that little bit more

What utter, utter bullshit.

Matthew Pavlich says hi.

Is there really that much of a pronounced difference? Could Matthew Pavlich play in the ruck?

There is a key difference between the two.

Goodes is a great player but is nowhere near as effective as Pav is behind the ball. The only area Goodes shades him is in the ruck. Goodes wouldn't be nearly as effective at CHB though.

There is a key difference between the two.

Goodes is a great player but is nowhere near as effective as Pav is behind the ball. The only area Goodes shades him is in the ruck. Goodes wouldn't be nearly as effective at CHB though.

Eh, I don't think the difference in their "versatility" is that pronounced that it's really worth making definite "utter, utter bullshit" kind of statements or arguing about TBH.

I was at the game and at least in my section when they booed him they were mistaking him for Buddy. Only happened a couple of times.

Was there more booing on the telecast?

Talk us thru them. Kicking goals on one leg in the 2012 GF? Tearing you anew one in Tassie? Or just meaningless s**t that you think you've dream about once? Show some freakn class - real supporters don't boo champions.
Hes a self entitled flog of the highest order, what more reason do u need? Not many deserving of such hate but he is world class whinging bitch.
For me it has nothing to do with AOTY and more him just being a dirty sniper etc etc. Absolute nothing to do with skin colour obviously, anyone suggesting hes booed for some racist reason get a grip, hes just universally unliked.

Last edited:
Fawned over, indulged, allowed to play filthy - and not only not punished, but rewarded. Accolades and financial inducements, recognition and status, endorsements, and stakes in a long term career. Unethical tackles and tactics, yet few repercussions. These are just some of the reasons I would boo chris judd.

What?
This is a Goodes thread? I must be ******* racist.

From the responses in here it is fair to say he gets booed by different people for different reasons and quite a few probably just jump on the bandwagon because everyone else is doing it and he's an opposition player. It happens every week to various players for various reasons, why is Goodes the only scenario that's put under the microscope?

Alternatively, the OP can be given the answer he so desperately wants to hear and is ultimately the reason the thread was started "he gets booed because he's aboriginal and everyone is a racist"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The situation with the young girl clearly hasn't educated anyone if I take the previous comments as an example. He felt racially vilified, he had every right to call that person out and hold them accountable. Whether it was a 13 year old girl or a 30 year old man, this behaviour and language can not be tolerated.

Adam is admired for his contributions to the indigenous community, for the support and awareness he brings to indigenous causes. What kind of ambassador would he have been by ignoring a racist comment? What message does that send to those that look up to him?

Equality will only be achieved by taking a stand, not by sweeping it under the rug.

why is Goodes the only scenario that's put under the microscope?

Because people go so far with it, making him seem like an utterly terrible football personality and horrible person, whilst letting countless other players "off" for similar or worse "sins". It's the extreme level of hatred that has suddenly arisen (never was there any sort of "universal dislike" for Goodes prior to the events of 2013, and anyone who says otherwise is a complete liar) that is both puzzling and ridiculous.

So he slid into someone's legs on the field, called someone out for using a racial epithet, and given an award by someone else (an award that 95% of Australians never even give a s**t about most of the time, I might add), suddenly he's Satan himself? Please, get some f**king perspective people.

I do have to laugh at all the consternation and hand-wringing caused by his AOTY Award…

The title is awarded every January. Forget 2014 for a moment...I'd bet my bollocks to a barn dance that by February of any other year 95% of those ranting about 'the worst ever Australian of the Year' wouldn't be able to name the recipient if their life depended on it.

But it went to A. Goodes and we don't like him coz he plays footy and COLA and is a chip scab and that black fella stuff he keeps bangin on about so I'll just whine about AOTY going to someone who doesn't deserve it when normally I couldn't give a flying *…

lolzzzzzzzz at your faux outrage.

I do have to laugh at all the consternation and hand-wringing caused by his AOTY Award…

The title is awarded every January. Forget 2014 for a moment...I'd bet my bollocks to a barn dance that by February of any other year 95% of those ranting about 'the worst ever Australian of the Year' wouldn't be able to name the recipient if their life depended on it.

But it went to A. Goodes and we don't like him coz he plays footy and COLA and is a chip scab and that black fella stuff he keeps bangin on about so I'll just whine about AOTY going to someone who doesn't deserve it when normally I couldn't give a flying ****…

lolzzzzzzzz at your faux outrage.

I'm still wondering where the outrage was for Ita Butrose winning it the year before. What did she do herself in 2012, apart from have a mini series written about when she started a magazine nearly 40 years ago?

I'm still wondering where the outrage was for Ita Butrose winning it the year before. What did she do herself in 2012, apart from have a mini series written about when she started a magazine nearly 40 years ago?

People get outraged by racism. People get outraged at people getting outraged at racism.

I think we all need a lie down.

Plus I think people don't like her lisp…

That's why Caro cops such a hammering.

Yeah but nobody said a bad word about Ita winning the award the year before. In fact, nobody said a word at all, because the majority of the Australian public usually doesn't give two shits about the award as far as I can tell.

I'm not going to deny it, the only reason I don't like him is because of the 2012 GF. But yeah, don't get the hate here. The majority of AFL players are complete and utter dickheads off the field -- so why's Goodes any different? I'm clearly missing something here. In my eyes he's an important indigenous role model, champion footballer and played an unbelievable game tonight.

Just guessing

But

1. He threw a 13 yr old girl under the bus to make a point that wasn't there.

2. He is the least deserving Australian of the year ever and worst 2 time Brownlow winner ever by a mile.

3. He is a known stager and chip scab that only goes in legs first and wouldn't know what a contest or a tackle was if you showed him flash cards on a daily basis.

4. And this is just rumour but the word is he's a hypocrite and treats a lot of people like crap.

5. He carries on like a dick, especially as he's now a fringe player at best and has probably never been paid a dime though the salary cap.

Otherwise I have no idea.
great summary. What have you done with your life, apart from being a first rate keyboard campaigner. I'd love to meet a sop like you in person, you'd lose your bowels first time someone called you out on your shite. I'd hate to be you, grow up w***er.

Plus I think people don't like her lisp…

That's why Caro cops such a hammering.
Caro cops a hammering for being a regularly disproven troll. Without proven basis she has attempted to trash the reputations of individuals and clubs, and has been obligated on several occasions to retract her statements publicly.

Her lisp (lithp) only accentuates her comedic talents, a trademark, as it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back