Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True.

Also true, this guy knows his s**t. :thumbsu:

I thank u for reminding everyone that i too came close to believing at one point in the false prophet
But just like drug addiction i found a way to make the right choice

u on the other hand are a blind little freddie
and i will make a point of laughing at u when all ur dreams come to nought

You know Athenian, there are ways to get across an argument. Portraying everyone that doesn't share your opinion as a strawman is not one of them.

Before 1969 man had never walked on the moon. So by your logic, you would say it could never happen, because it has never happened before. Even though the research looked very promising. Right?

Man still has not walked on the moon.;)

Before 1969 man had never walked on the moon. So by your logic, you would say it could never happen, because it has never happened before. Even though the research looked very promising. Right?

For the record, I do NOT believe that Macca will walk on the moon.

I'm sorry. I have no faith.

Sorry to disagree, but I believe that he will walk on the moon one day on a side trip during The Rapture. It will be on the Sea of Tranquility to prove that he can walk on water too.

Do I think McCartney is on the right track with the development of today's young players on the list - absolutely, a good list developer

Am I sold on the presumption that McCartney is going to be that match day coach that can coach us to win a flag - at present - No

Sorry to disagree, but I believe that he will walk on the moon one day on a side trip during The Rapture. It will be on the Sea of Tranquility to prove that he can walk on water too.

Who will we be playing ?
Maybe 2 home games a year.

I thank u for reminding everyone that i too came close to believing at one point in the false prophet
But just like drug addiction i found a way to make the right choice

u on the other hand are a blind little freddie
and i will make a point of laughing at u when all ur dreams come to nought
It's a remarkable coincidence that it's only the anti-McCartneyists that possess the gift of sight.

Boys we shouldn't be to hard on these ant-Macca self confessed experts , because at the end of the day history is on their side , who was the last premiership coach again and how long ago was it ?
Now how many have tried since 1954 Is it again ?
Their talents are wasted on here , they should be designing the next generation spaceships.

Boys we shouldn't be to hard on these ant-Macca self confessed experts , because at the end of the day history is on their side , who was the last premiership coach again and how long ago was it ?
Now how many have tried since 1954 Is it again ?
Their talents are wasted on here , they should be designing the next generation spaceships.
Some seem more prepared for the arrival of those spaceships.

Some seem more prepared for the arrival of those spaceships.
I'm gathering that a few people have formed this impression of Macca:
TLeader.jpg

The sad part is, this isn't even close to the most ridiculous claim in this thread. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is BF (BmacForever)

Anyone posting any negative comments on the WB Coaching Panel will be ridiculed by those who know, yet some haven't even witnessed a game at the WO because they werent even born yet. so.....

Dont mention the w/l record
Dont mention the ratio of recruited talls to small mids
Dont mention the total lack of progress amongst our talls
Dont mention total points for against points against over 50 odd games
Dont talk about game day decisions and match coaching
Dont talk about MC decisions and matchups
Refrain from mentioning Lower, Goodes, Austin etc etc etc

FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES

Bob Murphy writes nice
We rock the VFL
There are shittier teams than us
we are wearing the old footscray hoops again
Our president (who sacked Wheeler to replace with Joyce- saved the club only to hand us over bankrupt of any ideas to a guy who renamed us as if we were an american baseball team) is a good guy
Oh forgot the wb training facilities are spiffy

What sort of a win loss record should we have given the list?
In the time he has had any say in the recruitment which tall have we not picked and who should we have picked them up instead of?
What talls should have developed quicker, given the amount on the list in the first place and it takes on average 5 years to develop a tall?
Explain what game day decisions are, and give examples of what you think they are?
Which back 6 has had less scores against them in the first 3 years of a rebuild?
Is there a different selection policy during development?

This is BF (BmacForever)

Anyone posting any negative comments on the WB Coaching Panel will be ridiculed by those who know, yet some haven't even witnessed a game at the WO because they werent even born yet. so.....

Dont mention the w/l record
Dont mention the ratio of recruited talls to small mids
Dont mention the total lack of progress amongst our talls
Dont mention total points for against points against over 50 odd games
Dont talk about game day decisions and match coaching
Dont talk about MC decisions and matchups
Refrain from mentioning Lower, Goodes, Austin etc etc etc

FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES

Bob Murphy writes nice
We rock the VFL
There are shittier teams than us
we are wearing the old footscray hoops again
Our president (who sacked Wheeler to replace with Joyce- saved the club only to hand us over bankrupt of any ideas to a guy who renamed us as if we were an american baseball team) is a good guy
Oh forgot the wb training facilities are spiffy

The only reason I respond to this persistently destructive myopia is that this kind of madness can become contagious and could precipitate a stupid knee jerk reaction following a sudden drop in form or a bad week.

Right now we are more than half way thru a ruthless and thoroughly professional rebuild of our side - and during one of the most difficult periods in the history of this competition to complete such a transition. we seem to me and many ahead of schedule and the chess pieces are taking shape.

Yet here we are almost daily afflicted and assaulted with nothing but bile. If we win a game the opponent is sub par. If we lose a game to a final eight team like Essendon by a small margin and looked like we actually could have won, there is no acknowledgement of any progress, rather the coaches are embiciles who threw the game away!

You can't have it both ways. If the coaches are imbeciles, how did the team get to a winning position against a top 8 team and had you believing they should have won the game? If the coaches were incompetent, then the team would not be in any position to win such a game.

If the coaches are incompetent how is it they nailed the 2012 draft. How is it they picked the most likely to win the rising star this year? How is it that such an incompetent set of coaches can continue to develop talent and have us consistently becoming more and more competitive against better and better teams.

You are permitted to be critical, we all of us at times are. But that is the point you are only ever critical and never ever acknowledge the positives. Its just a constant despair and calling for BMac to be sacked. You condemn everything and praise nothing. And when your procession of negatives don't lead to the witch hunt you call for, you cry how intolerant the rest of us are of criticism, that we live on cool aid, have been seduced by some diabolical powers from Gordon and BMac.

Really, get a grip!

The only reason I respond to this persistently destructive myopia is that this kind of madness can become contagious and could precipitate a stupid knee jerk reaction following a sudden drop in form or a bad week.

Right now we are more than half way thru a ruthless and thoroughly professional rebuild of our side - and during one of the most difficult periods in the history of this competition to complete such a transition. we seem to me and many ahead of schedule and the chess pieces are taking shape.

Yet here we are almost daily afflicted and assaulted with nothing but bile. If we win a game the opponent is sub par. If we lose a game to a final eight team like Essendon by a small margin and looked like we actually could have won, there is no acknowledgement of any progress, rather the coaches are embiciles who threw the game away!

You can't have it both ways. If the coaches are imbeciles, how did the team get to a winning position against a top 8 team and had you believing they should have won the game? If the coaches were incompetent, then the team would not be in any position to win such a game.

If the coaches are incompetent how is it they nailed the 2012 draft. How is it they picked the most likely to win the rising star this year? How is it that such an incompetent set of coaches can continue to develop talent and have us consistently becoming more and more competitive against better and better teams.

You are permitted to be critical, we all of us at times are. But that is the point you are only ever critical and never ever acknowledge the positives. Its just a constant despair and calling for BMac to be sacked. You condemn everything and praise nothing. And when your procession of negatives don't lead to the witch hunt you call for, you cry how intolerant the rest of us are of criticism, that we live on cool aid, have been seduced by some diabolical powers from Gordon and BMac.

Really, get a grip!

Deserves more than the one like I can give it.......

Really, get a grip!

Thanks to Yebiga , Mutt and the many others trying to put forward a reasoned argument to these constant voices of doom. I am just too lazy to be bothered to do the same .

Thanks to Yebiga , Mutt and the many others trying to put forward a reasoned argument to these constant voices of doom. I am just too lazy to be bothered to do the same .

To be fair, really there is only one who puts forward no reasoned argument, the Proffessor.

Despite not agreeing with their thoughts of coaching and how they may put their argument Matt Dougie and Black pup do acknowledge positives in their own way.

TheAthenian's naivety in coaching and development, what it is and how it is done, shines through and really it may just be he struggles to articulate a coherent argument so posts irrelevant quotes from people way back in time. I am interested to see if theAthenian will expand on the questions posed on the issues and questions raised by theAthenian themselves either yesterday or the day before.

To be fair, really there is only one who puts forward no reasoned argument, the Proffessor.

Despite not agreeing with their thoughts of coaching and how they may put their argument Matt Dougie and Black pup do acknowledge positives in their own way.

TheAthenian's naivety in coaching and development, what it is and how it is done, shines through and really it may just be he struggles to articulate a coherent argument so posts irrelevant quotes from people way back in time. I am interested to see if theAthenian will expand on the questions posed on the issues and questions raised by theAthenian themselves either yesterday or the day before.

For me, I really dislike that some on this board feel they can say anything at all they want about coaching staff or players, no matter how untrue, derogatory, defamatory or demeaning. I won't provide examples but I'm sure you won't have to look back very far to find examples of what I mean.

One very colourful and particularly distasteful attack on Shaun Higgins comes to mind. Further, these posters also think that an appropriate response when pulled up for it is to turn their attack onto other posters.

Diversity of opinions is what makes this board interesting and worth participating in. Dogma, intolerance and personal abuse are the downsides of this board.

Do I think McCartney is on the right track with the development of today's young players on the list - absolutely, a good list developer

Am I sold on the presumption that McCartney is going to be that match day coach that can coach us to win a flag - at present - No

That's a fair and reasonable assessment Mike, and no doubt there will come a time (soon by the looks of things) when match day performances will come into play and take precedence over the development aspects of his coaching skills.. but for now I can't see how people are so negative.

I know many here dismiss McCartney's success as a 4-time premiership coach of a lower league, but surely that says something about his match-day ability.

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, it suggest he is a better match day coach than those at that level. Not necessarily better than those at the current level he is coaching at.

Not saying this is the position I support, but it's a neutral assessment of his previous success. That doesn't mean it should be completely overlooked however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back