HDFL PreSeason 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a good finals series in the HDFL. Think your right about Mounts a Semi or Preliminary Final looks around the mark for theM LBU North and Leitchy are the 3 possible winners and White Hills a dangerous opponent for someone the first week of finals.
Yeah I don't think the Mounts will make it all the way THIS YEAR!! But I'm a big believer that next year could bring back the old days and bring some flags back to Toolleen.

I reckon it'll be LBU and Leitchy in a close grand final game.

Like our Elmore posters are alerting too Id say they would fix up there players so talk of them not paying anyone for the rest of the year would seem well off the mark. Personally dont think its a great move for Clubs to cut players through the Season both parties have entered a deal for the year and Clubs have the option to play players in the Ressies if underperforming. Has Steve Arthur been re-appointed for next year? Or still yet to be decided?

LG Bombers big chance to make their move if they can beat Locky this weekend should be a great contest.

A few years ago I would agree about the contract binding th club and player for the year but with so much money around and having to pay what I consider overs for average footballers I now start to see it like employment. Probation runs until 30th June when clearances close and if you are still there after that date they want you and will continue to pay. The player also has the right to leave and move on if he isnt being paid or doesnt fit in in the same timeframe. Doesnt happen too often as if the club makes a mistake on most occasions they will live with it. If you owned a business would you continue to pay people you didnt think were working at the right level for you to help you achieve success?

Yeah I don't think the Mounts will make it all the way THIS YEAR!! But I'm a big believer that next year could bring back the old days and bring some flags back to Toolleen.

I reckon it'll be LBU and Leitchy in a close grand final game.
Not many people have rated north all year. Don't know why they have only lost one game

Not many people have rated north all year. Don't know why they have only lost one game

T

North are favourites with Sportsbet but I suppose some people still think LBU can get the job done because they have won the last 3 and havent done too much wrong this year either. Big game between White Hills and Colbo towards 5th spot whose everyone like?

Does any one know when/where finals venues will be decided most other leagues have these penciled in, as for up at locky this week, nth need there full list back to show all it's there year, although a loss is due....

I'm pretty sure North are missing about 4 players out of there Senior side so it will be interesting to see how they go against a full Locky side at Locky.

I'm pretty sure North are missing about 4 players out of there Senior side so it will be interesting to see how they go against a full Locky side at Locky.
Every game, someone will say, generally the loosing side, we weren't full strength. North flying and be game to say they won't finish top while LBU have done it all before. Potential as a great game tomorrow and should be grand final preview. North by 4 goals

Every game, someone will say, generally the loosing side, we weren't full strength. North flying and be game to say they won't finish top while LBU have done it all before. Potential as a great game tomorrow and should be grand final preview. North by 4 goals

Apparently Locky had Dohnt and their Ruckman out. Nth had Ash Craig, Jordan Ford, Sipthorp and O'Loughlin out maybe one or two more for either side. Great game in soggy conditions and both sides had their chances. Most importantly for each side, Hay appeared to tear something pretty bad and Damian WEBB looked to twang a hammy. Bad news for both sides with finals only a couple away.

Read a bit in the Addy yesterday by Luke West I think it was pumping up the closeness of the comp which is fine but he declared White Hills as Mounts Elimination Final opponent? I would have thought Colbo are in the box seat to grab 5th spot and play finals.

They play the two bottom sides and are likely to generate some handy percentage and if White Hills cant beat LBU at LBU which I dont think they will then Colbo will slide through.

Read a bit in the Addy yesterday by Luke West I think it was pumping up the closeness of the comp which is fine but he declared White Hills as Mounts Elimination Final opponent? I would have thought Colbo are in the box seat to grab 5th spot and play finals.

They play the two bottom sides and are likely to generate some handy percentage and if White Hills cant beat LBU at LBU which I dont think they will then Colbo will slide through.

It will come down to percentage. White Hills are a game and 10% clear at the moment so look like they will sneak in.

Who would mounts rather play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will come down to percentage. White Hills are a game and 10% clear at the moment so look like they will sneak in.

Who would mounts rather play?

If it comes down to percentage then Colbo are sitting in position A I think. I dont think it would fuss Mounts who they would play even given Colbo smacked them the first time they would think they can still get through.

Interesting post on the KDFL forum page!:

A good mate of mine who is a regular at NFL games and frequents the Greensborough aftermatch functions has come up with the following news (not rumour but news)
* Lancaster have sought the services of Hayden Lamaro to coach next year with a huge monetary carrot
* Have already signed the travelling money merry go round Russ Lee and Jake Williams on amounts that I can't even type as my hand shakes too much when I think of the dollars involved.
*Have regained the services of Old Man Rigney and his two slippery sidekicks.
There will be more to come re the relocation of the Banyule Football Club to Lancaster.

Be a few questions getting asked at Leitchy/Gunny wouldnt there Bomber? To kick 4 goals for the whole day on a fine day for Footy with the talent with the side youve got. Can you make a fist of it come finals time?

North vs LBU GF looks like a popular quinella at this point.

2 of those goals in the dying seconds of the game too, apparantly.

I'll pick a roguhy and say North Vs Mounts in the Granny. Stranger things have happened, Vickery only got 4 weeks.

With the finals starting this week, did any sides in the finals suffer any injury that may hamper their finals series.

I know this is a bit left field but no bodies been writing much on here lately.
Do you reckon if Bridgewater were in the HDFL would they going as well as they are in the Loddon?

Mounts Locky will be an interesting game, locky looked flat last week and on the other hand will mounts forwards be too much for them??? Tipping north too get the job done against gunny too many star players all over the ground for north!!!

Mounts Locky will be an interesting game, locky looked flat last week and on the other hand will mounts forwards be too much for them??? Tipping north too get the job done against gunny too many star players all over the ground for north!!!

Spot on there I reckon.

Here Perry from Leichy has done his hammy, out for the rest of the finals. Big loss for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back